Deleted

Pvp disc hit cap?

Hello, Ive recently leveled my priest and I was wondering about pvp hit cap, My fears, SW: D and mana burn seem to miss, which can be frustrating, Is it worth getting hit capped? and if so, what is the best way?

4% hit. if you can get spell pen do so. i run with around 175 but i'd welcome more if i could squeeze it in. i use resi + spell pen for blue gems and the spell pen cloak enchant

edit: i have the hit bracers with 50 hit on them, maybe one more piece of hit gear (can't remember and can't log on atm) and the 359 spirit staff with some of the spirit reforged to hit. just over 4% in total
    Last edited by bobo333; 2011-09-10 at 11:53 AM.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Thanks for your help!

You need exactly 4% hit and 200 spell penetration. Try to get these numbers exactly, anything above will be useless (well, technically not because of nightelf racial and mage armor, but you shouldn't change gear just for these two exceptions) and anything below will make you miss with spells/CC, and you never want to miss a critical CC.
    You can get the whole 200 spell penetration with the PvP neck or cloak.

Deleted
    Ruth helm reforge from mastery/haste to hit
    +
    Ruth hit ring
    +
    Ruth hit bracer
    =
    4% hit exactly.

You should never gem or enchant for spell pen. Get the cloak or neck and forget about it.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-09-10 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    You need exactly 4% hit and 200 spell penetration. Try to get these numbers exactly, anything above will be useless (well, technically not because of nightelf racial and mage armor, but you shouldn't change gear just for these two exceptions) and anything below will make you miss with spells/CC, and you never want to miss a critical CC.
    You can get the whole 200 spell penetration with the PvP neck or cloak.
    Where are you pulling 200 from? Shadow protection gives 195, therefore you need 195 spell pen for everyone but mages with mage armor up. Go for 240 since thats what you'll need for mages, no point in not making sure you wont get a fear resisted. Plus night elves racial doesnt affect spells so 4% hit is all you need for that.

By the way all this information can be found by hovering over "Spell Hit" in your character stats, it will say your chance to miss a lvl 85 target. Spell pen is pretty self expalanitory: Lowers target's resitance by X, so you need as much spell pen as they have resistances.

Nelf does affect spells.

You're best off getting the hit ring hit bracers/belt reforging the helm/pants and maybe your spirit/crit ring both to hit

with the mooncloth helm(satin pants reforged to hit) spirit ring reforged hit hit ring hit bracers reforged spirit I have like 4.01%

as for spell pen I match the belt socket with one spell pen gem with the spell pen cloak to get capped for mages

edit: don't enchant hit or spell pen where you could have int, you trade secondary stats for it not primary stats