Deleted

New hard drive help?

About to make my new system,

basically trying to decide between a 1TB standard HDD, orrr a 750gb Caviar black.

(Unfortunately SSDs are not an option as of right now, although I'll be buying a 120gb SSD as soon as I can afford it) Thanks for the help

Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB model.

99% the performance of Caviar Black with 60% of the price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Ah, also - forgot to add, would the performance of say a Caviar black / as you said, a samsung spinpoint F3 be THAT noticeable of an upgrade for WoW loading? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by frothy View Post
    Ah, also - forgot to add, would the performance of say a Caviar black / as you said, a samsung spinpoint F3 be THAT noticeable of an upgrade for WoW loading? Thanks again
    Noticeable compared to what? Other brands? In loading WoW maybe second or two, while moving 300 gigabytes of media several minutes.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Depends on what you're comparing it to. A spinpoint f3 or caviar black would be significantly faster than any 5400rpm drive... if you're comparing it to a different 7200rpm drive the difference will be less but still probably noticeable.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.