Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How many times have you quit WoW, and came back?

I know theres probably lots of these types of threads, but eh.

If you wanna tell why you quit, go for it.

I have quit about 5 times, really just because I was bored of the game.

You?

Edit: Because so many of you wanna be a pain here i'll define what I define quitting:
    Taking a break for more than 3 months.
    Last edited by Intropid; 2011-09-09 at 06:22 PM.

I quit and returned twice, once for two weeks, once for a month. Currently, I've been gone for seven months, and have no plan to return.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I quit in 2005 (sold an account) and came back about 8 months later.
    I quit again once during TBC for about 4 months (no subscription)
    I stopped playing mid WotLK for another 4 months (kept the sub alive)
    I did not play this year between April and August (kept the sub alive)

Every time, I came back on a different character so I'm still enjoying the game on my newly 85 warlock.

Deleted
    I've never "unsubbed" quit, but I've taken long breaks from the game a couple times. Once while waiting for the ICC patch and being utterly bored with ToTC. And once during T11 progression, due to the harsh grindy nature of that tier and the weakness of feral dps and tanks.

i played vanilla from scratch till late TBC (just before sunwell)
    after that i quited each expansion atleast 2 times and returned, because non of the wow killers actually killed it

now i'm just waiting for D3 to hit so i can say goodbye to wow forever !

Deleted
    Not once, i've just not played it when i dident feel like it? Dont see why you have to say to yourself "i gotta quit now" just my veiw on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Never quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    Not once, i've just not played it when i dident feel like it? Dont see why you have to say to yourself "i gotta quit now" just my veiw on it
    Lol, yeah I see what your coming at.
    I quit in wrath, saw a giant dragon in cataclysm "Oooo"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never quit in the 5 years I have played and never even thought about quitting untill now......I run a guild and for whatever reason cannot get people to stay or to raid so I find myself having to pug my raids if I go. Well that goes over well conserding Firelands is mostly a guild raid I never see pugs for it and if I do they want tanks and heals only. People keep saying well get into a raiding guild well if I want to disband a guild I put all that work into for over 3 years I would plus you never ever see any guilds wanting hunters they want tanks, heals and mdps on my server never hunters oh my goodness the horror of having a "huntard" we are all called (btw I hate that name Im not stupid) I am not a huntard I gem correctly, I enchant correctly. So yeah my account time is up on Oct 7th and Im not sure Im going to reup it. Its not just the game Im dissapointed in anymore its the people and the eliests jerks. I think its time to wave goodby have fun one less huntard for you to worry about,,,,,,

10+ Year Old Account
    probably MC,trying to get eye of sulfuras >_>
    ive never quit, the game still seems to keep me interested...

I guess I get ot say half a time.

I've quit and have not yet returned. If the game continues on it's current course I won't ever return.

I especially wont return in this expansion no matter what. If I was to come back in the future it would be when the next expansion comes out and everything in a sense "resets" for the leveling race.

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    I would imagine most people don't like to give out $15 a month to something their not playing, so quitting is really the best option when your not playing the game anyway. Even if it's cause you don't feel like it or cause you think the game is simply not worth it anymore.
    Last edited by quras; 2011-09-09 at 02:40 PM.

1 because of burnout, it was a break, i wasnt "quitting" though. Came back 2 months later
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

10+ Year Old Account
    nevar!!!... for now thou :x

Deleted
    after 1 month of cata for 4months

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I quit and returned twice, once for two weeks, once for a month. Currently, I've been gone for seven months, and have no plan to return.
    Why didn't you return to the world of World of Warcraft?

I quit May 10th and have yet to return.

I quit because all of my friends quit, however, all of them are now going "Lol we're all playing again, come back!", so I've been tempted to start playing again for quite awhile now, however, I've fought the temptations so far, hoping I can last forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I never Actually quit..but I did go threw breaks for about 2-7 months just cause I was Busy Still enjoy the game a lot just wish I had more time for raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never quit, but i do tend to take extended brakes from time to time. Last was during the end of WotLK, took 4 months, during wich i focused on other games!

I stopped playing roughly 8 months ago. First time I quit and I won't return besides maybe a free week when 4.3 hits due to transmogrify.

If you quit 5 times and keep coming back, just stop "quitting" all together :P
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Why didn't you return to the world of World of Warcraft?
    Two months of playing the expansion confirmed to me that I would not have fun playing it. So, why should I return? I'd just be unhappy, and I'd be rewarding a company and a dev team that did me wrong. I didn't even bother to use the free week when it was available.

I might give the next expansion a try, if they strongly indicate the issues that killed Cataclysm for me have been changed (firing some of those responsible for the Cata design would be a good step in this direction.) Otherwise, I won't even bother trying it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"