Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayvlin View Post
    ohh i see. thanks for clarifying then. atm i'm only playing WoW and Civilization 5. will be playing Diablo 3 though when it comes out. is there another card that you would suggest that i take instead? thanks!
    nothing now. wait until 6 series as suggested.

ohh i see. thanks for clarifying then. atm i'm only playing WoW and Civilization 5. will be playing Diablo 3 though when it comes out. is there another card that you would suggest that i take instead? thanks!
    Well I play WoW and Civ V to and I use dual GTX580's and I can tell you that a single GTX580 for either game is overkill.
    There are cheaper cards available which will run the games flawlessly at most resolutions(and probably Diablo 3 to when it's available). A card I would advise for good price/performance is the ATi 1gb 6850 or the 1gb nVidia 560Ti.

When some people say 'wait for the 6xx or 7xxx series' this could be a good idea, but to take full advantage of these future boards you might need a new CPU, Motherboard, PSU etc... which basically means a new PC, is that an option?

interesting. if the 6xx series is gonna be a whole lot better than the 580, then might as well wait.
    They will also be A LOT more expensive and the lower end of the 6 series (610-660) will probably be weaker. If you do wait I would say still buy the 580 but it will probably be cheaper than currently, and still play everything out at max settings (depending on the rest of your setup of course). Of course if money is of no issue then by all means go for it, but buyer beware brand new series of cards are often littered with problems.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Optinium View Post
    Well I play WoW and Civ V to and I use dual GTX580's and I can tell you that a single GTX580 for either game is overkill.
    There are cheaper cards available which will run the games flawlessly at most resolutions(and probably Diablo 3 to when it's available). A card I would advise for good price/performance is the ATi 1gb 6850 or the 1gb nVidia 560Ti.

When some people say 'wait for the 6xx or 7xxx series' this could be a good idea, but to take full advantage of these future boards you might need a new CPU, Motherboard, PSU etc... which basically means a new PC, is that an option?
    dual gtx580, holy crap! imma go try and check out the 560Ti since its around half the price of the gtx580.

waiting for the 6xx series and building a new pc could be an option. my pc is a year old so i might be upgrading sometime next year.