View Poll Results: Who's the best main character in any video game of all time?

Voters
374. This poll is closed
  • Mario (Super Mario Brothers)

66 17.65%
  • Link (Legend of Zelda)

105 28.07%
  • Samus (Metroid)

18 4.81%
  • Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect)

55 14.71%
  • Cloud (FFVII)

30 8.02%
  • Master Chief (Halo)

45 12.03%
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic)

12 3.21%
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

8 2.14%
  • Pacman (Pacman)

12 3.21%
  • Pikachu (Pokemon)

23 6.15%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Barbie from Barbie horse adventures: wild horse rescue

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Sorry if your favorite character wasn't listed I only had 10 options to work with and had to throw in the ones I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for link but let me tell you that the fact that you put Cloud (someone who isn't in a series of Final Fantasies) but not Solid Snake who is the main character of one of the most renowned series in the world........is just retarded
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

The Nerevarine. I don't think that I've been immersed in any game as much as Morrowind.

Deleted
    Gordon Freeman!

definitely link!

Link, no contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Solid Snake hands down
    This. I can't take a "Best Main Character" video game poll seriously without Solid Snake being there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Voted for link but let me tell you that the fact that you put Cloud (someone who isn't in a series of Final Fantasies) but not Solid Snake who is the main character of one of the most renowned series in the world........is just retarded
    I never said anything about series. Cloud was one of the most bad ass characters in video game history I thought you would at least go hey Pikachu shouldn't be up there compared to trying to take Cloud out. I was going to put Solid Snake on there, but felt it would be better to throw Lara Croft in the mix.

Deleted
    Hehe, trouble thread. "Best" can mean all sorts of things, my personal nerd-crush is Lightning from FFXIII

Or my femshep, but also think Cloud/Master Chief are awesome.

Depends how you're defining best really.

Out of that list, Cloud or Link for me. Honorable mention is Mario, and I agree, where is Solid Snake?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't take that list seriously...Even with the 10-options limit, you still opted to add some very questionable ones in place of a few true iconic ones.

Out of those? Probably Samus, with Cloud being a distant second.
    All-time? Since we're only counting 'true' protagonists, Minato Arisato. Crono's also up there, but he's still pretty far from the #1 spot. Yes, you're free to slap me all you want.
    Last edited by Coffer; 2011-09-10 at 09:07 PM.

Gordon Freeman

Dante

Because everyone loves pizza
    N

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    I never said anything about series. Cloud was one of the most bad ass characters in video game history I thought you would at least go hey Pikachu shouldn't be up there compared to trying to take Cloud out. I was going to put Solid Snake on there, but felt it would be better to throw Lara Croft in the mix.
    I'd say Cloud is one of the most overrated characters in video game history not most badass but my comment was derived from the fact that mainly every character you had up there was part of a video game series not just a single video game.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    No love for Sonic or Lara Croft? lol guess everyone was too busy playing Nintendo.

Deleted
    All hail leisure suit larry

um why isnt megaman up there??!?!?!!?!? hands down megaman

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

Deleted
    jk, these guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake is up there, but my vote goes to Fei Fong Wong from Xenogears. Just all around awesome. Fights some serious inner demons and comes out the other end.