DL'ing 35gb of DBZ Kai, it's so slow...but it's in 720p dual-audio goodness, gonna be something I keep forever!

Although DBZ is the ONLY anime in which the original japanese voices freak the shit out of me because Goku sounds like a retarded goat and throws water all over my childhood memories.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-03 at 06:36 PM.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 10:48 PM ----------

best of super buu

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

on the subject of why DBZ was so good when it came out, i remember getting up one morning, and did any of you used to put in hair gel? well i got up and i had hair gel in from the day before, so my hair was all up and puffy and stuff ( i cant explain it any better than this) and my mother makes the comment "you look like dragonball z"

i felt pretty awesome then, it also may have nothing really to do with it, but was just an awesome moment from my childhood that had DBZ
    I see Stupid people!

also does any 1 else think that if trunks was a pure breed saiyan

he would be a LSS?

He does end up looking a lot like broly

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also does any 1 else think that if trunks was a pure breed saiyan

he would be a LSS?

He does end up looking a lot like broly

...What does looking like Broly have anything to do with being/becoming a LSS?

To answer your question though, I think the only reason he became a Super Saiyan so easily in the first place (well except Future Trunks I guess) was because he was half human...so no.

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    ...What does looking like Broly have anything to do with being/becoming a LSS?

To answer your question though, I think the only reason he became a Super Saiyan so easily in the first place was because he was half human...so no.

very similar appearance, same muscle mass, loss of pupils

also to add to the fandom

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    very similar appearance, same muscle mass, loss of pupils
    Well when he goes Ultra I could see it, but anyone could do that. And the loss of pupils thing, if I remember correctly was only just after he powered up to fight Cell, and they went back to normal before he told Krillin to take Vegeta.

I could totally picture him saying "Smashing" while punching through Omega Shenron.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, shows like Saiyuki, and movies like The Avengers have ruined that for me. I can't have my action without a little comedy.
    Believe me. A healthy overdose of both is the best. Like I said, for its time, it was rather unique in American television.

DBZ has plenty of action and comedy bits, like Goku slapping Frieza silly right before the Destro Discs bi-sect him.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Action/comedies are the best. It's always great to hear a good one-liner right before or after an epic action scene.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-07-04 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Action/comedies are the best. It's always great to here a good one-liner right before or after an epic action scene.
    "Shakespeare in the park!"
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

and if u scroll up u can even see majin buu being hilarious

Was that before or after he killed everyone on Earth? It seems kind of dumb to rob a bakery or sweet shop when you can turn people into food. Most of them don't even fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Was that before or after he killed everyone on Earth? It seems kind of dumb to rob a bakery or sweet shop when you can turn people into food. Most of them don't even fight back.
    It was afterwards, while Goku and Vegeta were inside

The Buu saga was pretty funny in general until it got the end and got serious.

also dont forget

the villains had no terrible past, they were never wronged. they just did it because they wanted to and that is more realistic than all the stuff they have today.

why was freiza evil? because he could

why were the androids evil? because they could

why was cell evil? because he could

why was super/kid buu evil? because he could

why was broly evil? because goku never shut the fuck up as a kid and let him sleep!

why is this more realistic? in real life, are bad people always wronged in some way? are they all a product of a terrible past? no
    I wasn't going to post until I saw this. Being evil purely for the sake of it is entirely unrealistic, there are always underlying causes, except in the case of beings that are wholly evil (perhaps the blackstar-dragonball dragons, except the 4th one, also Buu, the kid one)

Frieza was "evil" likely because how how he was raised, while we get few details I do get the impression he would have been brought up by a very domineering father (probably mother too unless he didn't have one for whatever reason), probably raised to believe his race was 'the best race' because they do generally seem really strong in a universe full of weaker species. He was probably made to kill at an early age ect, ect.

Mostly speculation, but seems reasonable to say, from that alone you have reasonable cause for the guy to become a massive arse.

As for the Androids, 17 and 18? Not sure, I know less about them pre-augmentation then Frieza, they could have just been rotten apples (likely due to their background and society) then being given loads of power and the ability to blow stuff up.

Cell was clearly all programming, he was designed to become perfect and likely do anything within his power to achieve that goal, the first stage would have been to gain enough strength to overpower the androids by means of absorbing Humans.

There is a saying that evil isn't born, it's made and I think that is almost always true, even within fiction, there are always hundreds of sometimes tiny factors that compound and shape a characters life before they are the extremely evil person you see confronting the hero(es).

And with the androids and cell it was Dr. Gero that was really the evil one since he made the others how they were. He was evil from the red ribbon army and wanting revenge upon goku.

I think they were just programmed to be bad. I mean they reprogrammed 16 to be good.
    They were initially people and were probably not "evil" perhaps bad. I vaguely remember 18 being reluctant or upset that Dr. Gero turned them into monsters or something.

On a side note, The tip of Frieza's tail while in his third form is never shown. But he has it in video games and such.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-07-05 at 12:16 AM.

The Ironman v. Gohan thread is tearing me apart ;_;
    Men!

So I just watched the movies chronicle and push for the first time. Awesome stuff. Fight scenes are pretty much DBZ minus the ki-blasts.

How come they can do crazy amazing fight scenes for movies with no previous fan base but no one out there can do something quality for a live action DBZ? Bah. If someone honestly put money into a movie that actually stayed true to the story it would make a good amount in theaters I would think. Ah well, Hopefully that Sayian saga stuff turns out good.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune