10+ Year Old Account
    That trailer is for a remake of the first bit of the dragonball series made by the GT team. It is already out and dubbed in english. It is not good, maybe worth watching for the sake of saying you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    That trailer is for a remake of the first bit of the dragonball series made by the GT team. It is already out and dubbed in english. It is not good, maybe worth watching for the sake of saying you did.
    The first half, sure. But the second half is definitely something about the 2013 movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Soooooooo I just learned that the original japanese Vegeta had said "It's over 8000!". Not 9000. So DBZ Kai's translation was totally correct.

There goes my fucking childhood.

Seriously, my entire childhood.

9000 had a special place in my heart.

Now I'm wondering what the fuck else we're shown in Kai that I THOUGHT was "correct" in the DBZ english episodes aired on Cartoon Network 12-13 years ago.

I'm currently watching Kai with my 11-yr-old brother, who has really grown to love the show so far.
    The English dub of Z was a completely different show, let's put it that way. To say that Funimation took liberties is an understatement. At least Chris Sabat's a far better director than what's his name, Barry Watson or whoever did Season 3+.

---------- Post added 2012-07-27 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You sure that trailer's not fake?
    Seen the movie, it's not fake, it's just an alternate retelling of the story through the Red Ribbon arc. It has GT music though (never seen the English dub of it).

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually have the remastered dragon ball video on the front page

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Pony Vegeta blue?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
    Seen the movie, it's not fake, it's just an alternate retelling of the story through the Red Ribbon arc. It has GT music though (never seen the English dub of it).
    I believe he was referring to the video after 35 seconds. The clips and info after that is where the new stuff comes into play, the stuff before is indeed from that movie.

My take on the video is like someone else said in here. The first part is about "Hey, here's the last movie that was made!" Then the second part is like "But guess what?! Were making another one."
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-28 at 07:24 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Mukki View Post

You're talking about The Path to Power, right? I've seen it before, but I was wondering if the trailer was fan made, not the clips used in it.

After much trouble, i finaly found out how to read the AF fan fics you talked about.
    God im retarded....

Anyways, after 35 pages in the ize saga im not sure if i feel like continuing. It just feels awkward to read. Sure, the drawing is awesome and reminds me of akiras, but the talking... Ehh.....

Tell me. Does it become better ?

Since im a lonesome nerd on this fine saturday evening, i took my time and read it anyway. im still missing vol 4 since i cant seem to find it in english.
    I dont really like the Ize saga. The talking feels awkward, and it feels a bit rushed.
    I've also read the Xicor saga, and i like it a ton better. The talking doesnt feel awkward, and it doesn't have that rushed feel to it.
    I find it amusing how both seem to be related, somehow (maybe you can tell me why the beginnings are the same ??)

overall, i'll happily keep reading these as they grow.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2012-07-28 at 10:50 PM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    After much trouble, i finaly found out how to read the AF fan fics you talked about.
    God im retarded....

Anyways, after 35 pages in the ize saga im not sure if i feel like continuing. It just feels awkward to read. Sure, the drawing is awesome and reminds me of akiras, but the talking... Ehh.....

Tell me. Does it become better ?
    From what I can tell, the Ize and Xicor sagas are from two different authors. They don't follow one after the other. They are both two different starting stories.

As for your question... that comes down to personal opinion, but I enjoy reading them. Not a lot of pages available for either saga though

The conversations... I don't know japanese (or whatever it is the authors originally write the mangas in), so I dunno if the translations could be better or not.

Recently, I've been reading other, non-manga fanfics in addition to Multiverse that I have found to be quite entertaining. Almost too entertaining . One is called Honor Trip, and the plot revolves around Cell becoming a good guy against Gohan and following a VERY different path, even though it has a few familiar situations near the end of the current "season". The other is Bringer of Death, which diverges from the original in the fact that Vegeta becomes a super saiyan against Frieza instead of Goku. These aren't really manga, but quite entertaining nonetheless.
    I accidentally found out about those two specific stories by looking at the Multiverse comments a few times, and I got curious enough to check them out. I regret nothing.

It's likely that either of those fanfics, or even both, have been mentioned over the span of 160 pages, but since they're not in the OP, and perhaps they may be of interest to someone, here are the links for them, in this post.

Going back to AF, I encourage you to read them to the end, since again, there's not a lot of pages yet, so you'll be able to take a decision without investing a lot of time.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-07-28 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I'm curious about AF and hopefully someone can aware me on this.

To my knowledge AF is anything fan created. So theoretically I could come up with a character or transformation and it be apart of the AF universe, no?

However there's like a more legitimate or fan accepted version of AF, almost like it has to meet general consensus approval by many fans to be considered apart of the actual AF contingency. For examples characters like Xicor and Ize are widely accepted in AF.

But lets say I fuse Yajirobe with Korin via another set of earrings and have Korobe, okay you following?
    Then I take Dende and fuse him with Popo via a different set of earrings and have Ponde, okay?

Now Korobe and Ponde fuse with another set of earrings... giving us Koropobede ... the greatest fighter on earth.

would that be accepted on the Xicor / Ize level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Now Korobe and Ponde fuse with another set of earrings... giving us Koropobede ... the greatest fighter on earth.

would that be accepted on the Xicor / Ize level?
    You have to fuse Koropobede with Ghost Nappa to get Koropobedappa (I don't even...). THEN you'd have an unstoppable, unkillable badass.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you fuse it with a Krillin/Yamcha (Krillcha? Yamin?) and it dies.

Heres some original fan art i just made for my character

EDIT: Adding my first manga strip

Durgin Burr AF Manga
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-07-29 at 05:01 AM.

Reminds me of that bug dude Goku fought in the other world tournament.

...shit just got real

Nappa did get wished back with everyone Frieza's men killed... and he did get into show biz like TFS did
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-07-29 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    ...shit just got real

Nappa did get wished back with everyone Frieza's men killed... and he did get into show biz like TFS did
    Well, during GT Nappa escaped from Hell with many other villains, so it's impossible for him to be Mr. Satan

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Well, during GT Nappa escaped from Hell with many other villains, so it's impossible for him to be Mr. Satan
    Yeah, but like TFS said, the wish to bring back everyone Frieza's men had killed. And since Vegata was still technically Frieza's man when he killed Nappa, Nappa should've been brought back as well.

There was that one guy who looked pretty much exactly like Nappa (Not Mr. Satan).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Yeah, but like TFS said, the wish to bring back everyone Frieza's men had killed. And since Vegata was still technically Frieza's man when he killed Nappa, Nappa should've been brought back as well.

There was that one guy who looked pretty much exactly like Nappa (Not Mr. Satan).

Was it that guy who challanged Mr. Satan for a fight but fought with Videl instead ? Somewhere betwean episodes 200 and 219 of DBZ ?

I have always wondered this about DBZ: Why did Goku never wish back his home planet? Was it because they were a warrior race and too "dangerous"?
    But also, wouldn't they have already came back because of "Back on Earth, Kami and Mr. Popo have gathered all of the Dragon Balls and with King Kai's help they devise a plan to bring back all who were killed by Frieza." The whole race was killed at the hands of Frieza's attack.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing