But Cell doesn't have a monkey tail, Isn't that sort of required for the transformation? Also, doesn't everyone keep blowing up the moon?

However if anyone finds some concept art of giant ape Cell I'd like to see it.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-08-14 at 04:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    prick implies hes a funny jerk
    A fabulous funny jerk, no less. If he ends up being even half as funny as Frieza was, we're in for some good laughs.

All 3 of them said it was the best thing they ever did to let that guy take over the voice in the podcast. They all said he did way better then anyone of them could do. Really looking forward to it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 03:50 PM ----------

prick implies hes a funny jerk

dick just means jerk

i expect lots of trolling and space baguettes

btw

any 1 ever think... what if one of those random into space energy beams shot by our heros hit another planet or space ship...... and the survivors come to earth for revenge.... would be a hilarious movie, also why SUN Y U NO EXPLODE WIT ENERGY OF COOLER AND BROLY!

also CELL Y U NO OZARU WIT UR SAIYAN DNA
    I remember Piccolo saying that the suns energy burns much hotter then their ki blasts. I'm assuming it just melts through their defenses and blasts out the energy to the system like suns normally do. It's hard to destroy a giant ball of energy...with energy I would guess. Plus they probably were using a lot of their energy riding the blast wave and not letting it destroy them, tank was running low. It's like when the evil guys try to blow up the spirit bomb with their ki. It just gets absorbed.

Cell Ozaru would have been cool. He looses his tail in perfect form though, maybe that's why? Who knows.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-08-14 at 07:55 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Giant cell monkey would look hilarious. Doesn't he still have a tail but it's more like the electrical cord of a vacuum cleaner in that it is detractable?

I would expect that they have at least destroyed a few satellites with the wayward blasts.

KaiserNeko isn't doing Abridged Cooler?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    SNIP

Cell Ozaru would have been cool. He looses his tail in perfect form though, maybe that's why? Who knows.
    he doesnt lose it, it just retracts up, he still has a tail
    I see Stupid people!

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 03:54 AM ----------

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Somehow i expect this to be a repost, but it's worthy of being reposted on DBZ threads.
    It's just that good !

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

I remember Piccolo saying that the suns energy burns much hotter then their ki blasts.
    When does Piccolo say that? I do not recall that ever being mentioned. Also, Cooler considers blowing up the sun, and Broly did blow up many stars when he destroyed the south quadrant.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:43 AM ----------

also why SUN Y U NO EXPLODE WIT ENERGY OF COOLER AND BROLY!
    Same reason that Frieza can destroy a planet in one shot with no difficulty but SS4 Goku's Kamehameha Waves don't destroy planets. Mass and power have little to no relation.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Well to be fair, frieza , heck even vegeta the first time around, only destroy a planet with a specific attack, aimed at the center of the planet. It's not as much as the attack power that blows up the planet but more as the attack is (perhaps barely?) capable of disrupting the delitace balance of forces keeping the planet intact. (gravity crushing the planet's mass vs preassure wanting to make it expand ? idk the whole idea a planet is that unstable is stupid from a physical point of view)
    Kind little poke of a pin making a balloon blow up. The poke strengh itself has little relation with the strengh of the explosion of balloon.

[edit] and, yes, i know : neeeerd !
    Last edited by ayashi; 2012-08-15 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Well to be fair, frieza , heck even vegeta the first time around, only destroy a planet with a specific attack, aimed at the center of the planet. It's not as much as the attack power that blows up the planet but more as the attack is (perhaps barely?) capable of disrupting the delitace balance of forces keeping the planet intact. (gravity crushing the planet's mass vs preassure wanting to make it expand ? idk the whole idea a planet is that unstable is stupid from a physical point of view)
    Kind little poke of a pin making a balloon blow up. The poke strengh itself has little relation with the strengh of the explosion of balloon.

[edit] and, yes, i know : neeeerd !
    When Vegeta destroys Arlia there is no mention of a planet core, and his blast appears to explode on impact. And when Vegeta shoots his Galick Gun at Goku he isn't aiming for a specific spot, he's just aiming at Goku. And lastly, Broly destroys a quarter of the universe, no ifs ands or buts about it, as it clearly shows the south quadrant being completely destroyed in like the first 10 seconds of his movie. And Broly during his first movie isn't nearly as strong as Goku later in DBZ, or lol, GT.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

freiza did blow up vegeta with the same attack he used on namek

planet vegeta was likly much larger than earth since it had 10 times the gravity

both vegeta on bug planet and broly r non cannon

freiza did blow up vegeta with the same attack he used on namek

planet vegeta was likly much larger than earth since it had 10 times the gravity

both vegeta on bug planet and broly r non cannon
    Well, you should know by now I disagree with the non-canon argument. Overseen and worked on by Toriyama = canon to me.

@Laurcus, well DB GT/other extras creators have clearly shown time and again they do not know the difference between "universe" and "galaxy"... so huge gain of salt here, like MASSIVE grain. Heck, it's probably so big it'd turn into a black hole !

@
    GennGreymane : fair point.
    But still, using the same pin to prick a balloon 10 times bigger gives no information on the relation between the prick power and the ballon explosion.
    Case to point:
    on Namek his attack was used when we has in 4th form. And he missed. On Vegeta he was in 1st form. (i think the only numbers we have on freiza are 1st form = 500k power, 2nd= over one million. And nothing on 3rd and 4th)
    By all logic Namek's attack should have been leaps and bonds more powerful than Vegeta's (the planete, i mean freiza attack on planet Vegeta... damn that name!). And yet it only blew up after "5min". DBZ lol-physics...
    Heck, if anything, it only supports the idea that the attack raw power does not blow the planet up directly, but does something else like tickling some huge bomb that's in every planet core and have that then blows it up. Idk lol.

@Laurcus, well DB GT/other extras creators have clearly shown time and again they do not know the difference between "universe" and "galaxy"... so huge gain of salt here, like MASSIVE grain. Heck, it's probably so big it'd turn into a black hole !

@
    GennGreymane : fair point.
    But still, using the same pin to prick a balloon 10 times bigger gives no information on the relation between the prick power and the ballon explosion.
    Case to point:
    on Namek his attack was used when we has in 4th form. And he missed. On Vegeta he was in 1st form. (i think the only numbers we have on freiza are 1st form = 500k power, 2nd= over one million. And nothing on 3rd and 4th)
    By all logic Namek's attack should have been leaps and bonds more powerful than Vegeta's (the planete, i mean freiza attack on planet Vegeta... damn that name!). And yet it only blew up after "5min". DBZ lol-physics...
    Heck, if anything, it only supports the idea that the attack raw power does not blow the planet up directly, but does something else like tickling some huge bomb that's in every planet core and have that then blows it up. Idk lol.
    Actually you're basing your points on 2 misconceptions.

1. Frieza's power level for his final form is well known, 120 million. His first form was 530k.
    2. Frieza did not try to blow up the planet in one blast. After the 5 minutes are up and the planet hasn't exploded Goku mocks Frieza saying that he held back out of fear. "You couldn't go through with it after all could you? I don't blame you. Destroying us both so that I don't win isn't any way to fight. It's just another way of giving up."

Also, another example of planets being blown up via raw power. Kid Buu. He blows them up like they're nothing. And that doesn't involve any kind of targeted attack, it's just a massive explosion. And that is only a fraction of the power used by Vegito in his fight against Super Buu, as we know from interviews with Akira Toriyama that the fusion earrings multiply the power of the users together. And considering Goku was on par with Kid Buu... yeah. So the principle is still consistent, even throwing out movies and GT.

1) is that so ? i don't remember reading that in the manga, but heck you're probably right. So Namek blast could have been up to 5 times as powerful as Vegeta's
    2) well, that's Goku talking. How does he know ?
    Even assuming he's right... Heck, even assuming Namek's blast was weaker than Vegeta's. It still leaves the part of Vegeta being 10 times the gravity so arguably 10 times as massive as Namek (which is ~1G).

Heck, i actually agree with you on how silly overpowerful they get by the end (or even before that).
    I mean, if we consider things in an obvective way. Realistically, what happens when Goku farts ? Does he have to aim it to the sky so it doesn't blow up the planete, or at least a continent or two ?
    Also, what is it with floors. By all means DBZ/GT/ect characters should be so powerful, their body be so damn hard they shouldn't get fased by going trough a mountain or two, and even less being smashed into the floor.
    I actually know a strength bodybuilder that can bend iron rods (IRL, so relatively small ones, nothing anime-like) and he has problems controlling his hands strengh. Needlework is quite hard for him (laught all you want, asking you mother to mend your socks... sucks major time!), and i have given up on trying to teach him how to hold chopsticks in sushi bars. Seriously, it's ridiculous how he breaks them.
    Goku should be breaking chairs just by looking at them ! God forbid he ever sneezes in a random SS form!

Heck, what Dragon Ball most ridiculous exemple ? Not only does Picolo Jr actually destroys the moon one handed when he was barely at 1k power (Gohan training before vegeta), but the moon had already been destroyed by someone else by that point, someone far far weaker than picolo at that point. Remember whom ?

1) is that so ? i don't remember reading that in the manga, but heck you're probably right. So Namek blast could have been up to 5 times as powerful as Vegeta's
    2) well, that's Goku talking. How does he know ?
    Even assuming he's right... Heck, even assuming Namek's blast was weaker than Vegeta's. It still leaves the part of Vegeta being 10 times the gravity so arguably 10 times as massive as Namek (which is ~1G).

Heck, i actually agree with you on how silly overpowerful they get by the end (or even before that).
    I mean, if we consider things in an obvective way. Realistically, what happens when Goku farts ? Does he have to aim it to the sky so it doesn't blow up the planete, or at least a continent or two ?
    Also, what is it with floors. By all means DBZ/GT/ect characters should be so powerful, their body be so damn hard they shouldn't get fased by going trough a mountain or two, and even less being smashed into the floor.
    I actually know a strength bodybuilder that can bend iron rods (IRL, so relatively small ones, nothing anime-like) and he has problems controlling his hands strengh. Needlework is quite hard for him (laught all you want, asking you mother to mend your socks... sucks major time!), and i have given up on trying to teach him how to hold chopsticks in sushi bars. Seriously, it's ridiculous how he breaks them.
    Goku should be breaking chairs just by looking at them ! God forbid he ever sneezes in a random SS form!

Heck, what Dragon Ball most ridiculous exemple ? Not only does Picolo Jr actually destroys the moon one handed when he was barely at 1k power (Gohan training before vegeta), but the moon had already been destroyed by someone else by that point, someone far far weaker than picolo at that point. Remember whom ?
    Yes, I'm well aware that Roshi destroys the moon with a power level of 180 in the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament. Btw, the Frieza power level thing is from Daizenshuu 7, the official guidebook, not the manga.

As for what you said about control. This is actually mentioned quite extensively. Remember when Goku and Gohan are dicking around as Super Saiyans just before the Cell games? They mention having to control their power several times in those episodes, such as the scene where they break a bunch of glasses and a table. From what we can tell, their power is very selective and controllable. The reason they don't destroy the planet by farting is because they choose not to.

And I'm not gonna second guess an angry Super Saiyan when it comes to reading his opponent. I trust Goku on that one.

Yup, it is shown multiple times how much extreme control they have to exert on their bodies especially during "peacetime" so they don't end up knocking down buildings or killing people by hi-five'ing them.

Remember Goku when he came back from Yardrat? He knocked Chichi through a wall AND a tree with just a casual tap on the shoulder. An impact like that would've definitely killed an average person...but we ARE talking Chichi here, she has been through chi training and was a fighter back in DB :P

This probably the main reason so many characters have multiple forms, to help exert a greater amount of control and fit in with normal people (or less able people). Frieza mentioned staying in his base form to "contain" his power, otherwise he'd end up killing people left right and center around him (not that he doesn't anyway :P).
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-08-15 at 07:43 PM.

Let us discuss the legendary super saiyan transformation

I theorize that it is caused due to a special mutation and begins as a normal super saiyan form, but instead of reaching the second level. the legendary form and any form that could come after occur instead.

I think that the legendary super saiyan is greater than super saiyan 2 and I believe i got a few others to agree, even stronger then super perfect cell.

How much more powerful is what i guess. Would legendary ss3 (which is in dbz hoshi) be that much greater than a regular ss3? even at gokus lvl?

also what kind of multiplier could the legendary forms be. Broly was born at 10000, but is never shown as powerful in his normal form only in his weaker super saiyan (purple haired) state

also is his normal super saiyan form the same x50?