OP updated not includes latest DBA (dragon ball absalon) and latest numbered DBZ abridged.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 02:09 AM ----------

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ praise the Helix ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I don't get it.. is that from spongebob or something? looks like something that would be
    I did like buu's worms though

Dragonball Absolon... I'm mad now, I usually just read this forum, but I need to get this off my chest. There needs to be something done about this writing.

Gohan isn't the type of person who ever worked on his own techniques, I can see him doing that now since his dad's gone, but to say something like if he doesn't control it the planet is in trouble... well duh. That's with every technique, and there's better ways of conveying that without making a character explicitly say it. And how the fuck is Trunks late to an event when he has a fucking time machine?? And when someone like an antagonist throws out expository dialogue for the audience, like saying "Open the portals" or w/e, writers shouldn't force the realization onto the protagonist. A protagonist will figure it out eventually, it just seems dumb for Goten to say "Oh that coffee canister giving off a light show isn't a bomb... must be a gate or something..." like really? It would be more genuine if they say "what is that?!", it works, saiyans arrive, and they say, "OMG A PORTAL!"

And that entire scene with Majuub was overdramatic as fuck. We aren't even introduced to the villain yet, we don't even know their power level, and dude with a ss3 power level is tripping over saiyan pods? Really? C'mon, that just seemed really over the top for a threat we don't even know. And shit, how many saiyans are left out there? Can't we make new threats, does it always have to be saiyans? We got broly, vegeta's brother, turles, the 3 saiyans from saiyan saga, and goku. 5 different instances of saiyans not being extinct already man, make a new race or something. Be creative. And how the fuck is it that people keep unlocking the legendary super saiyan form? Where the fuck were these people when Frieza was being a galactic tyrant?

The problem is people keep dwarfing major accomplishments of the previous arcs, or making them futile in a sense that is almost like retconning. I mean, a human scientist like gero created beings STRONGER than a SUPER SAIYAN through artificial means? A stretch. A large stretch. Gohan, a half bred child becomes a super saiyan? If it weren't for his previous record of always having latent power, this wouldn't fly. Suddenly though, at the start of the Buu saga, we're introduced to some serious shark jumping. Super saiyan is now for children 8 and up? A being like Majin Buu even exists with that much power? Do we really understand what Bibidi must have done to conjure a spell that could create something as powerful and indestructible as kid buu? Also, in this arc SS3 is revealed (amazingly), and then a new record in dwarfing accomplishments is made when the kids do it with fusion?! If it's so legendary, and if the steps above super saiyan are so wild, why does it seem like these characters are just trying to rush these forms as if they're just achievements for their xbox? And then the trend is followed straight into GT, with stupidity galore. Baby is buu 2.0. We get it, absorption is a pretty broken plot device to make someone stronger. I understand. Super 17 made from 2 regular 17's... k. Dragons deal with absorption. Again. Even in canon spin offs like Episode of Bardock, as TFS pointed out, HOW THE FUCK DID BARDOCK A) GO THRU TIME B) BECOME A SUPER SAIYAN?!

And so now, in Absolon, we have super saiyans (it's not legendary anymore really), from the opening we see SSJ4 Broly (lovely), what I'm assuming is SSJ5 Goku (not bad on design though), and tons of other stuff that I really did not understand. These people should think honestly, I like earlier in the thread when people made the comment about how GT should have been about Pan going through the steps of a saiyan like Goku did. I mean, if everyone else can do it, why does it seem like the Pan, the only person who showed promise and probably wanted to be a fighter, never even gets near Super Saiyan? That seems so inconsistent and... dumb. It's as if Super Saiyan transformations are legendary and unobtainable for every saiyan ever except a select few, who all happen to live on the same planet in the same time and are directly related, minus Pan. I understand having Goku (and only Goku) reaching new heights. It's amazing. But when you have to drag all of the rest of the cast with him and essentially give charity power ups to kids in order to keep them relevant, it gets out of hand, and diminishes all of the hard work obviously put through by Goku. Especially when you make them useless and give screen time to Pan, who never received those charity power ups.

Ah well, whatever, I'm still holding onto the live action movie and TFS for complete, higher quality fan creations. Other than the phenomenal animation (for fan animation at least), this didn't impress me too much. It took all of the over the top nonsense of DBZ and put it all together, hopefully it doesn't stay so... ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Herald of the Titans
    To add on to some of sxefluff's complaints (not all but I get what he's saying) for this Absolon series:

1) Audio is off. The Gollum wannabe... I just can't understand him. At least Gollum was understandable in all his different rages.

2) Not 1 episode in and they're playing the Goku card. Come on.

It cut off the bottom.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-12-02 at 12:20 PM.

GUYS, Tomorrow we get the real trailer for Dragon Z Saiyan Saga !

is is a good fan fiction, not really

does it have decent art? yes

will it likly improve in the future, lets hope.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    Gohan isn't the type of person who ever worked on his own techniques
    Masenko? Gohan actually used a lot of his own techniques on Namek. Later he just became another Goku though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Masenko? Gohan actually used a lot of his own techniques on Namek. Later he just became another Goku though.
    Masenko was originally King Piccolo's technique, so Gohan was either taught it, or figured it out from watching.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    is is a good fan fiction, not really

does it have decent art? yes

will it likly improve in the future, lets hope.
    If you're speaking about Absalon thing, then no for all. The animations are terrible, there's no depth to characters, they look like they are 2d. They look way too buff which was stated they try to avoid. The voicing is kinda "meh", it's just not that good. The dialogue is absolutely terrible, check the scene where Ubb talks to, who I am to guess, is Pan, it's just terrible. Also, first episode and they go all like "Yeah, bro, here are some more Saiyans, whose race was extinct but they still show up very often because, you know, why not?"

I'm not really looking forward to seeing the second part. But will they improve? I doubt it, there's been too much revealed in the first episode for the series to make it interesting.

Also, completely unrelated, is it just me who wonders what would have happened if Vegeta ninja'd the time machine to stop Freeza from destroying the Saiyans? I mean, the whole thing with the time machine could prevent so many shit from happening. Wouldn't be that interesting but still!

I was just on the Dragon Ball wikia, and apparently Kai will be continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Masenko was originally King Piccolo's technique, so Gohan was either taught it, or figured it out from watching.
    Ah, my mistake then. I have only seen the first half of Dragonball.

Nice! The Buu saga needs a crap ton of editing imo. Maybe I'll enjoy it more if it's trimmed in the same fashion.

Regarding Absolon: meh, I must not know fan fic well because I was impressed by it. I'd like to keep watching; transformations of power are the coolest thing in DBZ to me, and it looks like we're in for some more

Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

yaaaaaayyy remastered buu!!!!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'm just waiting for them to make new fat Majin Buu have a super deep black male voice and just shatter our childhoods forever.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

I think the problem is they made Goku go SSJ way too early in the series. It should have been later on, that way the PLs didn't get so outrageous. Imagine if Freeza, Cooler, and King Cold were the majority of DBZ. And Goku didn't go SSJ until King Cold. They wasted Cooler and King Cold, imo. Then maybe have Androids/Cell and even Buu later, but not make them OMGWTF strong. Just make them a threat, not THE WORST THREAT IN THE UNIVERSE every damn time. Leave the ascended and 2/3 for GT. Would have balanced the stuff out more and maybe even have made the non-saiyans more relevant.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    I'm just waiting for them to make new fat Majin Buu have a super deep black male voice and just shatter our childhoods forever.
    This sentence made my night, though I'd go for something less obvious; perhaps they could get Morgan Freeman to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    This sentence made my night, though I'd go for something less obvious; perhaps they could get Morgan Freeman to do it.
    My skin is soft and spongy
    Like a Twinkie
    Like a Twinkie