10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the trailer was actually quite good, the only thing I didn't like was the English accents, I thought I read somewhere they were going to use the Anime's voices.....I guess not, apart from that, a little bit more work on improving on the special effects and it would of been awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    apart from some parts(well casting mostly) the trailer was quite entertainig the special effects were pretty good for low budget effects and the fighting seemed nice if only they had the budget of DBE and a better cast

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting a Hollywood budget film, so maybe I wasn't let down because of it. The only person that I didn't really like was Tien. He seemed not very believable. Which sucks, because he is one of my favorites. But I think overall it will be a decent video.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Tbh, if they pull of decent reviews, it wouldn't surprise me if the producers / directors at the very least get offered a budget to make a sequel

Problem is, after the saiyan saga, when they get to namek, were really talking special effects, and it would be costly, so its either going to be a one hit wonder, or a start to a great real action franchise, but it will need serious backing
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

lol that was bad, I don't know if DBZ could ever translate well over to live action.

Well I guess Hancock with Will Smith, he basically has all the powers goku has, minus the beams.

Never seen a good beam, even in the street fighter movie it was lame.

Not a single saibaman was seen that day.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it. For something self funded I reckon they did an awesome job. You can tell they loved DBZ and they wanted to stay as true to the anime as they could. Hats off to them, makes me a bit jealous that I have neither the skills nor the money to make one myself haha.

As a question though, if you were to remake your own DBZ Saiyan Saga movie and had unlimited budget, you would you cast?

For me it would be:

Piccolo - Samuel L. Jackson (I have had it with these mutherfuckin saiyans on this mutherfuckin planet)

Nappa - Stone Cold Steve Austin

Goku - Probably that guy who plays Jin Kazama in the Tekken movie whose name escapes me

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more as they come to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    wow that was... less then i was expecting...
    You guys are hilarious :P When you all get excited for these fan made productions, I sit back and think "that looks like the most absurdly idiotic thing anyone will ever make" and while you end up being disappointed, I end up thinking "wow, that was significantly better than I anticipated. I'd give that at least a single watch". Maybe you guys should lower your expectations and you'll be a little happier with the end results

"Fan made" means "made by amateurs" in my book, so I guess I just don't expect these things to blow my mind. I'll admit Absolon and the live action film aren't going to pull in anyone but other fans, but they are vastly better than I originally anticipated.

Oliva Wilde as Android 18
    ---> Played a terminator in the sarah conner chronicles
    ---> Hnnng as fuuuark in Tron Legacy

Bill Goldberg as Nappa
    Vin Diesel as Tien
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-12-05 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thought Trunks was stronger than him as well or am I wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Thought Trunks was stronger than him as well or am I wrong?
    It's implied that Vegeta could have gone to the same level as Trunks, but like Goku, he saw the disadvantages of that form, so didn't bother.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    You guys are hilarious :P When you all get excited for these fan made productions, I sit back and think "that looks like the most absurdly idiotic thing anyone will ever make" and while you end up being disappointed, I end up thinking "wow, that was significantly better than I anticipated. I'd give that at least a single watch". Maybe you guys should lower your expectations and you'll be a little happier with the end results

"Fan made" means "made by amateurs" in my book, so I guess I just don't expect these things to blow my mind. I'll admit Absolon and the live action film aren't going to pull in anyone but other fans, but they are vastly better than I originally anticipated.
    You'd be surprised. Given time and energy, fanmade products can be quite impressive. Not to pull the pony card, but there are full episodes being worked on that look just like the show. Given, that's Flash animation, so yeah. But the voice actors you can find are just as impressive too.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:33 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You'd be surprised. Given time and energy, fanmade products can be quite impressive. Not to pull the pony card, but there are full episodes being worked on that look just like the show. Given, that's Flash animation, so yeah. But the voice actors you can find are just as impressive too.
    Oh I believe you, and that was kind of my point. When I heard people talking about Absolon, and most importantly the live action film, my first thoughts about those things were pretty negative. I was actually saying I was pleasantly surprised by how well made they were and that I had been giving them far too little credit.

@Genn: I lol'd at the house destroyed by a child's kamehameha.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-12-05 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    OOh I think I remember that now.. my bad
    and I like the house picture.. you know everyone has tried it!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, so this slumbering god heard that Goku defeated Frieza, and he's looking for a challenge. He beats Goku. Heard someone beat Frieza, and he beats post-Buu Goku. Does anyone else see a problem with this? If this guy is THAT much stronger than Frieza, why would he even care if someone beat Frieza? This guy is SSJ3 power, who cares about Frieza? Gohan one-shots him in GT, and Gohan turned pussy.

There's got to be something I'm missing here, if not it sounds like a terrible premise. It already sounds like a typical "introduce bad guy, almost lose, then beat bad guy" DBZ movie. Suddenly I'm not so excited about this.
    I'm under the impression that Bils isn't impressed that Frieza was killed, I'm thinking he's impressed that a saiyan managed to do the job. More over he could be intrigued by the prospect that this saiyan killed Frieza because he may have been a 'legendary' super saiyan, and Bils wants to know the exact extent of power a super saiyan can achieve. After defeating Goku he'll probably go through some dialogue sequence like "oh darn, I guess you super saiyans weren't what I was hoping" or something like that, and then after recovery and more plot, Goku somehow one ups Bils and satisfies both of their wants in finding someone super strong.

Also maybe Bils has some gimmick that Goku needs to overcome, idk.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer seemed more like a short movie. Too much...well story. Other than that, it wasn't bad. Although I think I heard Goku say K-o-ken. If that's the case, I'm gonna strangle someone.

And now I have a sudden urge to go watch Kai again.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    added to the OP