10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    stay with me here

How can the Saiyen saga spirit bomb be the size of the basketball but the frieza bomb be huge? I thought Frieza was the main bad guy during the Saiyan saga?

Or was the main bad guy during the Saiyen saga that guy who came to Earth w/ Vegeta. Forget his name. he has huge black hair and wore that saiyen armor?

Also, if Earth's energy was all taken by Buu's spirit bomb, didnt they use the Dragonball wish to restore all the life to earth? Or did they use it to restore Goku's power?

sorry for being so ignorant. Its a really good story, jsut hard to keep track of after 5 years

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 01:36 AM ----------

Was Buu created to destroy the Earth or whatever? but then teh wizard changed his mind and sealed Buu away?
    Raditz was the first Saiyan to come to Earth. They beat him by having Goku get him in a full nelson, and Piccolo blasted em both. They got word from Raditz that two more Saiyans were on their way, hearing about the dragon balls. That was Vegata and Nappa. Everybody trained for them during the year it took them to get there.

On the topic of the size of the spirit bombs, I can guess that the one used against Vegata was small because he spent less time on it, and that he had less experience building it up.

I can't remember what happened at the end of Buu, but I'm 100% sure they used the balls to wish Goku's energy back. At this time though, I think they were using the new Namek balls, so they had extra wishes left?

10+ Year Old Account
    stay with me here

How can the Saiyen saga spirit bomb be the size of the basketball but the frieza bomb be huge? I thought Frieza was the main bad guy during the Saiyan saga?

Or was the main bad guy during the Saiyen saga that guy who came to Earth w/ Vegeta. Forget his name. he has huge black hair and wore that saiyen armor?

Also, if Earth's energy was all taken by Buu's spirit bomb, didnt they use the Dragonball wish to restore all the life to earth? Or did they use it to restore Goku's power?

sorry for being so ignorant. Its a really good story, jsut hard to keep track of after 5 years

Was Buu created to destroy the Earth or whatever? but then teh wizard changed his mind and sealed Buu away?

Saiyan saga ended with vegeta invading.

Earth's energy wasn't taken, humans raised their arms and gave their energy, not their lives to the spirit bomb. Earth nor the people died.

And I forget what the dragonballs were used to do, also buu was created for..I don't know the reason tbh. I should re-watch the android, buu and seasons after. I was much younger when I saw the end to them and obviously didn't catch ALL of the details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yea, i remember the different types of balls had different amounts of wishes and had more powerful magic in them.

Like, the normal dragonballs couldnt turn Krillins future wife (Android 16 i think) into a human, but the special dragonballs could turn her human

10+ Year Old Account
    stay with me here

The Saiyan Saga refers to Raditz (the hairy Saiyan), Nappa (the bald Saiyan) and Vegeta.

Raditz, Goku's brother, was killed when he come to Earth by Piccolo and Goku. Nappa and Vegeta come to Earth after they heard about the Dragon Balls. Goku, who died in the fight against Raditz, went to the King Kai's planet for training so that he could face Nappa and Vegeta when they reached Earth. After he learned the Spirit Bomb technique, he was wished back to life and fought the Saiyans. He attempted using the Spirit Bomb on Vegeta, but was incapacitated before he could use it. He gave the energy to Krillin, who through it and missed. Gohan rebounded it into Vegeta.

Frieza was the main villain of the Frieza/Namek Saga. When Goku was unable to defeat Frieza's 50% Final Form, he made a Spirit Bomb using the remaining energy of Namek (which was diminished by the dead populace) and the surrounding solar system. Frieza survived, but was pissed off by his injuries and killed Krillin, making Goku turn Super Saiyan for the first time.

In the Buu Saga, Earth was destroyed. Using the Namekian Dragon Balls, which give three wishes, they a) returned the Earth and b) resurrected everyone. Once this happened, Mr. Satan/Hercule convinced everyone to lend their energy to Goku for the Spirit Bomb. The third wish was used to return Goku's energy.

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 10:52 PM ----------

Oh yea, i remember the different types of balls had different amounts of wishes and had more powerful magic in them.

Like, the normal dragonballs couldnt turn Krillins future wife (Android 16 i think) into a human, but the special dragonballs could turn her human
    Android 18 is his wife. 16 is the tall ginger with green armor. And she wasn't turned into a human. She started as a human, was turned into a cyborg by Dr. Gero and couldn't be turned back by the Dragon Balls, so instead they wished for her self-destruct bomb to be removed. Because of her human base, she is capable of bearing children and other non-robot stuff.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-03-25 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was it ever confirmed that Raditz, or Turles, were ACTUAL brothers of Goku? I always thought they meant it in a more of a way of they were all Saiyans.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, thank you for clearing that up. Pics were a nice touch

but goddamn, three wishes for Namek balls and one for Earth balls? seems fair.

So tell me this. How did Krillins wife (android 16 i think) become human? or was she an android the entire time? But i doubt she stayed an Android since she ended up having kids with Krillin.

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, thank you for clearing that up. Pics were a nice touch

but goddamn, three wishes for Namek balls and one for Earth balls? seems fair.

So tell me this. How did Krillins wife (android 16 i think) become human? or was she an android the entire time? But i doubt she stayed an Android since she ended up having kids with Krillin.
    17 and 18 were never fully automated. They were just altered humans, and I guess her reproductive organs were still intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Was it ever confirmed that Raditz, or Turles, were ACTUAL brothers of Goku? I always thought they meant it in a more of a way of they were all Saiyans.
    maybe the bear hug Goku gave him was just a "cant believe i haven't seen you since birth new brother" hug and Piccalo was super jealous of Goku's new friend so he used Special Beam Cannon to kill them both...

10+ Year Old Account
    Raditz is confirmed. Turles just happens to resemble him (and is non-canon anyways).

In the Dragon Ball Z: Anime Film Comics, it was stated that the reason why Turles and Goku looked alike is because within the low-rank Saiyans, the facial patterns of each warrior were similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    17 and 18 were never fully automated. They were just altered humans, and I guess her reproductive organs were still intact.
    so fully functioning human, but they had a bomb inside them that could destroyed an entire city?

seems legit

10+ Year Old Account
    so fully functioning human, but they had a bomb inside them that could destroyed an entire city?

seems legit
    Yeah, I don't fully get it either. 16 was definitely created, not exactly sure about 17 and 18. Also would like to know what happened to 17 after Cell was dead. Didn't 17 live ( or get rezzed)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't fully get it either. 16 was definitely created, not exactly sure about 17 and 18. Also would like to know what happened to 17 after Cell was dead. Didn't 17 live ( or get rezzed)?
    He was rezzed by the wish to bring back those killed by Cell and the androids.

stay with me here

Breakdown of the sagas and how the enemies were defeated.

Saiyan saga. First villain is Raditz. Defeated by Goku and Piccolo. Killed by Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. The next two villains are Nappa and Vegeta. Nappa is beaten by Goku using the Kaio-Ken. Nappa is killed by Vegeta for being weak. Vegeta is beaten by Goku, Krillin, and Gohan, using the Spirit Bomb. This Spirit Bomb was made with the energy of the entire Earth, but was small because Goku lost the majority of the energy when Vegeta in his Great Ape form hit him with an energy blast. The bomb was made by Goku, thrown by Krillin, and then bounced into Vegeta by Gohan.

Namek saga. No major villain is defeated in this saga, unless you count Zarbon and Dodoria. This is where Frieza is introduced.

Ginyu saga. The main villain is Captain Ginyu. He's defeated by Goku, Gohan, Krillin, and Vegeta working together. Ginyu is not killed, but is instead put into the body of a toad when Goku turns his body switching technique against him.

Frieza saga. Frieza is the main villain. Goku uses the Spirit Bomb against Frieza. It was made with the energy of the entire solar system. The Spirit Bomb fails to kill Frieza. Goku turns into a Super Saiyan and defeats Frieza in combat. Frieza survives.

Garlic Junior saga. The main villain is Garlic Junior. He's defeated by Gohan when he is trapped in the Dead Zone.

Trunks saga. Frieza and King Cold are the main villains. Both are killed by Super Saiyan Trunks.

Android saga. The main villains are Androids 16-20. Android 19 is killed by Super Saiyan Vegeta's Big Bang. Android 20 is killed by Android 17. Androids 16, 17, and 18 are not killed.

Cell saga. Cell is the main villain. He is not defeated in this saga. Androids 17 and 18 are absorbed by Cell.

Cell games saga. Cell is killed by Gohan with help from Goku using the Father-Son Kamehameha Wave.

Great Saiyaman and World Tournament sagas have virtually no fighting.

Babidi saga. The main villains are Babidi and Dabura. Dabura is killed by Majin Buu when he is introduced at the end of the saga. Babidi survives.

Buu-Fusion sagas. The main villain is Majin Buu. He is not defeated in these sagas.

Kid Buu saga. The main villain is Kid Buu. He is killed by Goku using the Spirit Bomb. This Spirit Bomb is formed with the energy of all of Earth.

It is common among fans to refer to the various sagas by the main villains of the series. Mainly Saiyan saga, Frieza saga, Cell saga, and Buu saga. This is essentially shorthand, as it combines the less important sagas. Many see the 4 main villains of the series as Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am pretty sure Mr. Landing Strip Forehead man (Android 17)

ended up dying somehow.

but android 16

was the one whom exploded and destroyed a city.

but it was involuntary i think. He turned good im pretty sure

We never get a complete explanation of 17 and 18, either in series or in the Daizenshuus. One of the video games claims that 17 and 18 were Dr. Gero's interns, and they are just altered humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Breakdown of the sagas and how the enemies were defeated.

Saiyan saga. First villain is Raditz. Defeated by Goku and Piccolo. Killed by Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon. The next two villains are Nappa and Vegeta. Nappa is beaten by Goku using the Kaio-Ken. Nappa is killed by Vegeta for being weak. Vegeta is beaten by Goku, Krillin, and Gohan, using the Spirit Bomb. This Spirit Bomb was made with the energy of the entire Earth, but was small because Goku lost the majority of the energy when Vegeta in his Great Ape form hit him with an energy blast. The bomb was made by Goku, thrown by Krillin, and then bounced into Vegeta by Gohan.

Namek saga. No major villain is defeated in this saga, unless you count Zarbon and Dodoria. This is where Frieza is introduced.

Ginyu saga. The main villain is Captain Ginyu. He's defeated by Goku, Gohan, Krillin, and Vegeta working together. Ginyu is not killed, but is instead put into the body of a toad when Goku turns his body switching technique against him.

Frieza saga. Frieza is the main villain. Goku uses the Spirit Bomb against Frieza. It was made with the energy of the entire solar system. The Spirit Bomb fails to kill Frieza. Goku turns into a Super Saiyan and defeats Frieza in combat. Frieza survives.

Garlic Junior saga. The main villain is Garlic Junior. He's defeated by Gohan when he is trapped in the Dead Zone.

Trunks saga. Frieza and King Cold are the main villains. Both are killed by Super Saiyan Trunks.

Android saga. The main villains are Androids 16-20. Android 19 is killed by Super Saiyan Vegeta's Big Bang. Android 20 is killed by Android 17. Androids 16, 17, and 18 are not killed.

Cell saga. Cell is the main villain. He is not defeated in this saga. Androids 17 and 18 are absorbed by Cell.

Cell games saga. Cell is killed by Gohan with help from Goku using the Father-Son Kamehameha Wave.

Great Saiyaman and World Tournament sagas have virtually no fighting.

Babidi saga. The main villains are Babidi and Dabura. Dabura is killed by Majin Buu when he is introduced at the end of the saga. Babidi survives.

Buu-Fusion sagas. The main villain is Majin Buu. He is not defeated in these sagas.

Kid Buu saga. The main villain is Kid Buu. He is killed by Goku using the Spirit Bomb. This Spirit Bomb is formed with the energy of all of Earth.

It is common among fans to refer to the various sagas by the main villains of the series. Mainly Saiyan saga, Frieza saga, Cell saga, and Buu saga. This is essentially shorthand, as it combines the less important sagas. Many see the 4 main villains of the series as Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu.
    very nice.

I applaud thee sir

10+ Year Old Account

ended up dying somehow.

but android 16

17 was brought back to life. He is seen lending energy to the Spirit Bomb in the Buu Saga.

16 died trying to kill Cell. He grabbed Cell and attempted to use his self-destruct, but it had been removed by Bulma when they were repairing him. Cell destroys 16's body, but the head survives. 16 asks Hercule to throw his head at Gohan so he can talk to him. After telling Gohan it's okay to unleash his anger to protect the world, Cell steps on his head and crushes it. This causes Gohan to transform into Super Saiyan 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    He was rezzed by the wish to bring back those killed by Cell and the androids.
    Yeah, but after that? He just kind of...vanishes, at least until GT.

[IMG]http://www.maiken2051.com/images/cropped/A17%20bust.jpg[IMG]

ended up dying somehow.

but android 16
    [IMG]http://0.tqn.com/d/anime/1/0/A/C/a16.jpg[IMG]

16 died during the Cell games, but 17 lives on somewhere.

16 died trying to kill Cell. He grabbed Cell and attempted to use his self-destruct, but it had been removed by Bulma when they were repairing him. Cell destroys 16's body, but the head survives. 16 asks Hercule to throw his head at Gohan so he can talk to him. After telling Gohan it's okay to unleash his anger to protect the world, Cell steps on his head and crushes it. This causes Gohan to transform into Super Saiyan 2.
    A.k.a. best moment of the entire show.

10+ Year Old Account
    A.k.a. best moment of the entire show.

10+ Year Old Account
    [video=youtube;80TkH6VFH6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80TkH6VFH6k[video]
    Is that Kai? All the voices sound different. 16's is weird.