Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Wow, Frieza even plays with his dying body; that's brutal. I think the Frieza saga has to be the most violent part of the whole series. Frieza getting sliced by his own Destructo Disc was pretty gnarly too. We don't see anything that bloody throughout the Cell saga right? Certainly not in the Buu saga.
    The Android/Cell saga had parts that could have been considered brutal if they hadn't been done to machines. Imagine Android 16's death as a biological being. Or imagine Cell after taking Vegeta's Final Flash, except with red blood and organs instead of some puffy gray stuff by the wound.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    now imagine buu not being bubble gum

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The Android/Cell saga had parts that could have been considered brutal if they hadn't been done to machines. Imagine Android 16's death as a biological being. Or imagine Cell after taking Vegeta's Final Flash, except with red blood and organs instead of some puffy gray stuff by the wound.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    now imagine buu not being bubble gum
    Yeah this is kinda why I considered them less violent. They both get exploded a lot but they are all stretchy and gooey instead of turning into pulpy chunks of flesh.

I mean the whole thing with 16's head was still somewhat violent. I think he even had some blood like fluids

Yeah this is kinda why I considered them less violent. They both get exploded a lot but they are all stretchy and gooey instead of turning into pulpy chunks of flesh.
    Speaking of pulpy chunks of flesh...

Not as bloody as you'd expect.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 07:36 PM ----------

And then there is this

Yes, definitely not as bloody as one would expect from such a scene.

What's interesting about that though, is that in DBZ Kai, King Cold tries to dissuade Frieza from blowing up the planet. Another interesting thing about watching the old Funimation dubs is seeing how far the old voice actors have come in their craft since then. All of them sound more comfortable with their roles and the script then they did back then. I know Frieza has a different voice actor in Kai, but I was referring to Trunks here.

Hey guys, i have a question! No doubt it has been asked before ( maybe even here but i really don't want to search 245 pages and it might not even be there ) anyway!

You know the part where vegeta sacrifices himself in the fight against fat buu ? I think that was a mistake of the maker's part because fat buu survived by putting himself together from the bits and pieces that were left after the blast. BUT as you can see in that video ( if you have it or look for it ) the blast engulfs buu ( he is already inside it, notice the background) it doesn't blow him away so normaly there would be NO little parts of him laying around after the blast.

And he would of died just like he did with the spirit bomb from goku at the end, just be completely disintegrated. Sooo....since the day i saw those episodes untill now i think vegeta should of won that fight and killed buu for good but it was a writer's mistake. Unless someone can clear that up for me now?
    Last edited by Anagram; 2013-01-05 at 04:03 AM.

I think that the reason vegeta didnt kill him but goku did was because of the nergy difference in their attacks. Vegeta's was powered just by him, Goku's had a lot behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Hey guys, i have a question! No doubt it has been asked before ( maybe even here but i really don't want to search 245 pages and it might not even be there ) anyway!

You know the part where vegeta sacrifices himself in the fight against fat buu ? I think that was a mistake of the maker's part because fat buu survived by putting himself together from the bits and pieces that were left after the blast. BUT as you can see in that video ( if you have it or look for it ) the blast engulfs buu ( he is already inside it, notice the background) it doesn't blow him away so normaly there would be NO little parts of him laying around after the blast.

And he would of died just like he did with the spirit bomb from goku at the end, just be completely disintegrated. Sooo....since the day i saw those episodes untill now i think vegeta should of won that fight and killed buu for good but it was a writer's mistake. Unless someone can clear that up for me now?
    Visually speaking, I never noticed. But, I've always wondered why Vegeta blowing himself up wasn't enough to destroy him, given the sheer amount of power that is released when that happens.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

vegetas explosion was not strong enough

plus buu had more "padding"

the spirit bomb was much stronger and buu had less padding

Yes, definitely not as bloody as one would expect from such a scene.

What's interesting about that though, is that in DBZ Kai, King Cold tries to dissuade Frieza from blowing up the planet. Another interesting thing about watching the old Funimation dubs is seeing how far the old voice actors have come in their craft since then. All of them sound more comfortable with their roles and the script then they did back then. I know Frieza has a different voice actor in Kai, but I was referring to Trunks here.
    And I've got to say that's the main reason I prefer Kai (and dubbed anime, among other reasons). It's really cool being able to go back and see, for instance, Chris Sabat's original Vegeta voice (which was a bad imitation of the [IMHO] already bad Ocean dub Vegeta) and compare it to his work nowadays. Even in DBZ, you can see the evolution in everyone's acting from the point where they acquired the series (Captain Ginyu Saga) up until the end of the Buu Saga and even (shudder) GT. Seeing the actors grow more skilled as time goes on is a treat.

I think this is a pretty good representation of the evolution in quality of acting evolution for Funimation's DBZ, especially since the Original Funi clips are (if memory serves) from Funimation's very first episode of DBZ:

Last edited by Nadev; 2013-01-05 at 09:24 AM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

VIRGINIA, HANGING OUT WITH LITTLE BOYS IN SPANDEX I SEE

Quote Originally Posted by Creeper View Post
    It's not right, but it's not really frowned upon so much either. A man hits a woman and he's a terrible excuse for a human being and should be put in jail. A woman hits a man and the man is a wimp for feeling pain.

Either way, if you have a penis, you lose.

I still can't believe Goku gave Cell a Senzu bean when he wanted Gohan to fight Cell.

It's a threat to Earth, not a fucking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    And I've got to say that's the main reason I prefer Kai (and dubbed anime, among other reasons).
    I prefer Kai as well, it's just better quality all around (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I still can't believe Goku gave Cell a Senzu bean when he wanted Gohan to fight Cell.

The earth is put in jeopardy just as many times because of the Z fighters as it is saved by them. Many times the situation spirals out of control because they do indeed treat it like a game. They chose not to stop Gero before he created the Androids, Piccolo doesn't defeat imperfect Cell because he's more interested in explanations, Vegeta doesn't kill Cell's second form because he wants to test his limits, Krillin doesn't shut Android 18 down because he's got a hard on for her, Goku refuses to beat Fat Buu because he wants his kids to have a crack at saving the world, the list really goes on.

I prefer Kai as well, it's just better quality all around (imo)

The earth is put in jeopardy just as many times because of the Z fighters as it is saved by them. Many times the situation spirals out of control because they do indeed treat it like a game. They chose not to stop Gero before he created the Androids, Piccolo doesn't defeat imperfect Cell because he's more interested in explanations, Vegeta doesn't kill Cell's second form because he wants to test his limits, Krillin doesn't shut Android 18 down because he's got a hard on for her, Goku refuses to beat Fat Buu because he wants his kids to have a crack at saving the world, the list really goes on.
    I know, it annoys me to no end.

Yea thats probably a big difference between DB/early DBZ and the end of DBZ. When fighting against the Saiyans the Z-Fighters did everything they could just to kill them, nobody was playing around. The same goes for King Piccolo and Frieza.

Moreover you shouldnt even start to think about logic in DBZ... of course Goku could have Instant-teleported away from King Kais planet after bringing Cell there, of course Kid Buu could have simply dodged Gokus Genkidama, of course Goku and Vegeta could have picked up Gohan and co. (who were laying just a few meters away from them) when they were leaving earth before it exploded and let Mystic Gohan kill Kid Buu without much effort. In the end it didn't happen and its just a anime

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    It's revealing in the sense that it would mean Bill's is THE strongest character in the DBZ universe, hands down. As in, not the strongest known being, but the but the flat out strongest being total. There is currently no stronger being existing in the Dragon Ball Z universe. No other character up to that point, whether we know if its existence or not, surpasses him. He's the strongest character that the Z warriors could possibly fight by that period of time.

We knew Buu wrecked universe and all, but there was never any confirmation that he was the strongest being in the universe. There never was for Freiza, either. There was never a confirmed "strongest being in the universe". And now we have one.
    Until Goku finds a way.

/jurassic park theme

I know buu is squishy and the bullets didn't hurt him, but it seems like they wouldn't have even made marks. Otherwise it seems like every punch that he received would have blown him into pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

He has some of that Saiyan pride in him. Imagine if Goku were the one who let Cell become complete. He is looking for a challenge as much as Vegeta is, and I can see him doing it.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds