1. #4941
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    I think you are thinking of the rule that states that there is a porn for everything on the internet.. I forgot what the number is.. 36 i think.

    And that SS4 picture is pretty cool, they both look insane.
    I knew that one. I figured there was rule 62 or whatever that anything can be cute.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  2. #4942
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Probably. Anything is possible on the Internet, that's why we love it!
    He's a pretty talented artist, in fact his art is better than the show's. I'm disappointed there was no fusion dance though.
    Pretty sure its a homage to the Super Buu Vs Goku and Vegeta fusion scene, just with ponies instead. Hence the earrings instead of the dance, and the artist even has the quotes pretty much the same. You did check out the first two pages as well right? The links are kind of hiding at the bottom.

    I thought it was pretty well done and a good homage. Can't really say more then that as I've never watched the pony stuff in my life to compare it too.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  3. #4943
    Yeah I linked that before I watched it, that's not how Goku would fight at all.

  4. #4944
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,464
    I liked how they added the TFS Kaioken joke though

  5. #4945
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,644
    That video was painful to watch.

    "Goku increases his ability proportional to the strain he trains under". This is the base on how they judged Goku's power yet its completely flawed. Since in the Andriod saga Goku stops training as intensely because he realizes that there's more then one way to raise your power level. He even tells Vegeta this. After this point Goku continues to train under much less stressful environments yet increases in power and strength faster then he ever has before. The people obviously have never watched DBZ in its entirety before or they would of scene this. I also thought the multiplier for some of the SSJ forms was not known? Yet they seem to use them there.

    They also judged his speed by his travel along snake way in the Saiyan saga. LOL.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-11 at 02:54 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  6. #4946
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

    They also judged his speed by his travel along snake way in the Saiyan saga. LOL.
    To be fair, anytime he needs to fly somewhere, it takes hours, but based on all the math, he should be able to fly around Earth about 5,000 times a second. Maybe he just keeps missing his stop.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  7. #4947
    Bloodsail Admiral Mortisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Same country as Radek Zelenka
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair, anytime he needs to fly somewhere, it takes hours, but based on all the math, he should be able to fly around Earth about 5,000 times a second. Maybe he just keeps missing his stop.
    Goku isn't known for his intellect...

    "Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

  8. #4948
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    To be fair, anytime he needs to fly somewhere, it takes hours, but based on all the math, he should be able to fly around Earth about 5,000 times a second. Maybe he just keeps missing his stop.
    Didn't he land on Namek, and locate Gohan fighting the Ginyu force and fly across the planet pretty much instantly? Like he left the ship and he was there. The only time it ever seemed to take hours was during the saiyan saga when he wasn't really all that fast. Namek? Instant travel by him on the planet. Buu Saga? Same thing from what I remember. Even when he's done healing in the ship after Ginyu he gets to Frieza within seconds to help Vegeta out. After that he just uses instant transmission for the rest of the show but I would assume he keeps getting faster.

    The Goku at the end of DBZ(even pre-time skip) could prob do the entirety of snakeway within seconds going all out.

    But yes I also would not put that by Goku lol. To busy thinking about food.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-01-11 at 04:02 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  9. #4949
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Didn't he land on Namek, and locate Gohan fighting the Ginyu force and fly across the planet pretty much instantly? Like he left the ship and he was there. The only time it ever seemed to take hours was during the saiyan saga when he wasn't really all that fast. Namek? Instant travel by him on the planet. Buu Saga? Same thing from what I remember. Even when he's done healing in the ship after Ginyu he gets to Frieza within seconds to help Vegeta out. After that he just uses instant transmission for the rest of the show but I would assume he keeps getting faster.

    The Goku at the end of DBZ(even pre-time skip) could prob do the entirety of snakeway within seconds going all out.

    But yes I also would not put that by Goku lol. To busy thinking about food.
    I stopped when they put his base strength at 40 tons. His base strength should've been more than that (much more) after the Buu Saga.

    I didn't watch after that, but I'm assuming they didn't use anything past Namek or Cell (if that) Sagas. The entire thing smells of Superman fanboyism (not that I don't like Superman, I just think Goku would destroy him).

  10. #4950
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    I think you are thinking of the rule that states that there is a porn for everything on the internet.. I forgot what the number is.. 36 i think.
    Rule 34. Learn it. Live it. Love it. Rule 34 is the best rule.


    This video is pretty much what I hoped it would be. I'm glad we actually got to see a battle, and to honest, I think I have to agree about Superman being stronger. The dude is insane. There's a reason I don't find Superman interesting: He's just too strong. He's never truly vulnerable, and you can't really kill him. Not very fun imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Pretty sure its a homage to the Super Buu Vs Goku and Vegeta fusion scene, just with ponies instead. Hence the earrings instead of the dance, and the artist even has the quotes pretty much the same.
    Ah, gotcha. Didn't notice the earrings, I thought they were just standard pony wear.
    You did check out the first two pages as well right? The links are kind of hiding at the bottom.
    I did not see those links.

  11. #4951
    Don't even have to watch that video to find out Superman is a bitch. Goku all the way.

  12. #4952
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,860
    goku is awesome

    and would totally be an assassin

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  13. #4953
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    This video is pretty much what I hoped it would be. I'm glad we actually got to see a battle, and to honest, I think I have to agree about Superman being stronger. The dude is insane. There's a reason I don't find Superman interesting: He's just too strong. He's never truly vulnerable, and you can't really kill him. Not very fun imo.
    I mean i don't mind Superman winning there, that doesn't make it bad for me. I just dislike how they knew tons of shit about superman but missed a ton of key points about Goku and just said things that are not true and made assumptions. Like you didn't see them taking benchmarks of Superman from when he was a kid learning his powers in smallville. Why take them from Goku in the Saiyan saga. Just really biased was my beef. The fight itself actually looked pretty cool though.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  14. #4954
    Whether or not the outcome was what we think it should be, I will still say that the fight was entertaining. The dialogue was a bit TFSish (and unless Im mistaken, they actually pulled in the TFS voice actors for it), which made the fight very funny at times (out of hair styles, eh?). The animation was pretty good for a fan-made fight, good enough at least to do it justice. So, bias math aside, it was worth watching

  15. #4955
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    Whether or not the outcome was what we think it should be, I will still say that the fight was entertaining. The dialogue was a bit TFSish (and unless Im mistaken, they actually pulled in the TFS voice actors for it), which made the fight very funny at times (out of hair styles, eh?). The animation was pretty good for a fan-made fight, good enough at least to do it justice. So, bias math aside, it was worth watching
    "Starring MasakoX". So yes.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  16. #4956
    I knew their result was gonna be nonsense way back in the research phase when they tried to say power levels are meaningless and then tried to calculate Goku's speed based on the length of Snake Way and Super Saiyan multipliers.

    The one thing that every fan got right though is that this battle will solve nothing.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  17. #4957
    The Patient Ðemonhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    241
    Video was pretty entertaining, i just feel they didnt do Goku enough justice, like i dont think he would use that pole anymore at SS levels, also why the f does he fly there on nimbus when he couldve just insta transmission like he did later on... i mean they make it pretty clear he can sense him from Kame Island.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:19 AM ----------

    Ah Laurcus my fellow Goku fanatic, why did they not ask you for that video, bet Goku wouldve won then :P

  18. #4958
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,986
    I finally watched it. Had to, if nothing else because they used the TFS cast. the problem at the end, after the fight, is they try to justify Goku's strength by using statistics from a time when he wasn't even that strong. You can't take his base power level from the damn Saiyan Saga and use that. He trained far and above after that, to the point he could destroy planets with merely a thought.

    Other than him using Nimbus and the Power Pole, they got his personality down pretty good. Except I don't think he would even bother with Kaio-ken, unless they were just trying to demonstrate what it could do.

    What I really don't get, is at the end they say the difference between Goku and Superman is that Goku has challenges that he has to overcome, then say "but he didn't here" basically. Goku would find a way, or at the very least, you have to allow him that possibility. Remember he used a Spirit Bomb that contained energy from an entire galaxy to beat Buu. Who's to say he couldn't do it here?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  19. #4959
    The Patient Ðemonhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    241
    Well he would have to "ask" for the energy and i dont think people would grant him it to beat another "hero" in a semi-friendly match.

  20. #4960
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Well he would have to "ask" for the energy and i dont think people would grant him it to beat another "hero" in a semi-friendly match.
    I could just imagine that conversation...

    Goku: "People of the universe, give me your energy"
    People: "Oh crap, did Buu go evil again? Is there a new stronger enemy?"
    Goku: "Superman is by the sun"
    People: "You're fighting Superman? Did he turn evil?"
    Goku: "Nah, I saw him in the news and thought it would be a good fight"
    People: "..."
    Goku: "Aww, the only person to send me energy was Lex"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •