1. #4961
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    44
    Is it just me, Or did Goku seem also out of character as well?

    It seemed like he was going for the kill (Which he only does when he is forced to, I.E. Buu and Omega Shenron), Secondly, It seems he was fighting with no regard for the planet at all, Like fighting superman right in the middle of the city, Assuming it isn't an abandoned city, there are people there, And It's not like Superman started attacking first, Goku would've done like he did in the start of the android saga, Lead Superman away from the city to keep innocents out of the conflict, and also when he Kamehameha'd Superman into the sun, Surely Goku knew that he risked destroying the sun (With obvious consequences), A risk he would only take if, like I said, Superman was threatening to destroy the universe like Buu was
    Also, Power Pole and Nimbus? He stopped using both of those after Frieza saga, Why on earth would he still use them? Using them would even decrease his efficiency at that point!

    Lastly, I don't watch or follow Superman, But wouldn't Superman have been concerned about the planet too? The both of em were fighting with no concern for the planet at all it seems, they even destroyed the earth, when if they were so content on a fight to the death, Goku could have Instant Tranmissioned them both, (Or himself and Superman fly, Either or) To a lifeless planet and have at it

    Does this make sense to anyone else or am I crazy?

    (Yes I know it is a fan-made hypothetical fight, but personality and characteristics still apply!)

  2. #4962
    Fun Fact, did you know the sun is an endless amount of energy? Endless, like infinite, as in cannot be depleted! Remember when Cooler said he could destroy the sun? What a moron. Remember when Cell, quote, "Has enough chi to blow away the entire solar system"? Well, silly Cell forgot that the solar system has the sun, I know guys, THE ACTUAL SUN, The same sun that totally ISN'T dwarfed by other stars in the galaxy (which was apparently destroyed by Broly pre-LSS, whatever). I'm glad I watched this riveting, factual video
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

  3. #4963
    If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

    Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  4. #4964
    Banned Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

    Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    hey lucious. Did you know, some things are fiction? I did.

  5. #4965
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

    Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    And Simon the Digger is still the most powerful.

  6. #4966
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    hey lucious. Did you know, some things are fiction? I did.
    I don't get your point.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  7. #4967
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I don't get your point.
    She means you take these things way too seriously and back your "facts" up with numbers you pull from your ass.

  8. #4968
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    She means you take these things way too seriously and back your "facts" up with numbers you pull from your ass.
    My numbers aren't pulled from my ass. I cite specific sources for all the numbers I use, and they can be verified quite easily using a calculator. And I'm not taking this that seriously. Writing a blog for 4 hours is my idea of a good time. Though I'm also the sort of person that enjoys learning a new programming language, so I'm not exactly the be all end all authority on what's fun.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  9. #4969
    Banned Ms Andry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North of the law
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    My numbers aren't pulled from my ass. I cite specific sources for all the numbers I use, and they can be verified quite easily using a calculator. And I'm not taking this that seriously. Writing a blog for 4 hours is my idea of a good time. Though I'm also the sort of person that enjoys learning a new programming language, so I'm not exactly the be all end all authority on what's fun.
    but you're apparently the end all authority on what's right in a fictional battle with fictional people. Because you know, everyone is so wrong but you right

    do you see why people think everything you say is bull shit yet or do I need to go in vivid detail and start using the word sextillion

  10. #4970
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    but you're apparently the end all authority on what's right in a fictional battle with fictional people. Because you know, everyone is so wrong but you right

    do you see why people think everything you say is bull shit yet or do I need to go in vivid detail and start using the word sextillion
    I don't know why you're harassing me. I even credited Death Battle where I believed them to be correct. Using Dr. Gero's bomb to calculate Goku's durability at a power level of 32k is absolutely brilliant and something I never would have thought of.

    And no, I know I don't know everything there is to know about fictional battles. There are many fictional characters I've never even heard of, just in American comics alone. It's why I always strive to learn more.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  11. #4971
    The Patient Ðemonhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    but you're apparently the end all authority on what's right in a fictional battle with fictional people. Because you know, everyone is so wrong but you right

    do you see why people think everything you say is bull shit yet or do I need to go in vivid detail and start using the word sextillion
    some1 obviously has not read the pecking order on page 1

  12. #4972
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,636
    If you want to have a discussion, feel free, but pointless arguing is not the way to go.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  13. #4973
    DBZ is awesome. Goku is awesome. I like Dragon Ball more than most DC Comics (though the best Superman stories trump most anime, DBZ included). Long live Dragon Ball.

    That out of the way, Superman would totally kill Goku in a Death Battle. I haven't seen one argument to the contrary (no, not even on here, and yes I lurk and I read) that is credible, but plenty of what even I did way back when I thought Goku would easily win: attribute a bunch of feats and stats to Goku he has never proven to possess. There's no logical way to phrase "well Goku should theoretically be this because of how he becomes stronger after each loss, right?" and get to a stable frame of reference.

    That's not even going into the ridiculousness of something in Dragon Ball that has always bothered me: the fragility of planets. Do you know how hard it would honestly, truly be to blow up the Earth? Like the real world Earth we're standing on (or, if you're in the ISS, orbiting)? We're on a hunk of iron that has survived events that would wipe out our entire species many times over; there is no damn way a Dragon Ball character should be able to destroy a planet with an energy beam, but still fear being blasted into the sun. Unless planets in the DBZ universe are just super fragile for some reason.

    Superman wins, in that scenario. And that's key here: according to Death Battle's rules (including removing inhibitions that keep competitors from killing), Superman wins. And by those rules, Akuma beats Shang Tsung, Leonardo beats the rest of the TMNT, and a lowly Goomba and Koopa Troopa kill each other in a surprisingly brutal draw. And it isn't because of the animation: as has been stated by Death Battle's creators multiple times, the animation is purely for kicks and giggles. It's ultimately irrelevant; for funsies, so Team Four Star fans get to see the usual reaction to Kaioken, so DBZ fans smile when Goku doesn't think twice in blasting Superman into the Sun, when Superman heat visions a bunch of homing ki blasts, etc. No, it's because of the rules and the measure of abilities put Superman waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Goku. It's a mismatch for Goku, even with very liberal interpretations of his overall power. And if we're going to do ascended DBGT Goku vs. DC 1,000,000 Supes, well, that's not what Death Battle is about.

    Why even be mad? I think Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon is a better character than Goku. Golly I guess I better defend Hiccup's ability to beat Goku in a fistfight? It's nonsensical. Death Battle is about the analysis of who'd win a freakin' Death Battle, and nothing more. Hell if I wrote a Superman vs. Goku scenario, it'd be a mind-controlled Superman fighting a Goku who just barely wins because of Goku's fighting ability and some shred of Supes fighting the mind control. And then they'd be like best buddies, with Goku pestering Superman to spar, and Superman always holding back. Because Superman's power isn't why Superman is a great character nor why he has some amazing stories told about him (Kingdom Come, Red Son, etc.); it's because of what he holds back, because for all his power he wants peace and justice. And Goku's a great character because of his infectious tenacity and heart, a story of the traditional zen martial artist on crack because flying and energy beams and cosmic tyrants who can blow up planets are cool and junk.

    Bleh, ramble over. Back to lurking. Have the Horde and Alliance finally become one faction yet?

    Warning: No need to bring religion into anything
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-01-11 at 10:42 PM.
    Jab piledriver with Fierce damage.

    http://hfm.wtf — Pondering Entertainment

  14. #4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    DBZ is awesome. Goku is awesome. I like Dragon Ball more than most DC Comics (though the best Superman stories trump most anime, DBZ included). Long live Dragon Ball.

    That out of the way, Superman would totally kill Goku in a Death Battle. I haven't seen one argument to the contrary (no, not even on here, and yes I lurk and I read) that is credible, but plenty of what even I did way back when I thought Goku would easily win: attribute a bunch of feats and stats to Goku he has never proven to possess. There's no logical way to phrase "well Goku should theoretically be this because of how he becomes stronger after each loss, right?" and get to a stable frame of reference.

    That's not even going into the ridiculousness of something in Dragon Ball that has always bothered me: the fragility of planets. Do you know how hard it would honestly, truly be to blow up the Earth? Like the real world Earth we're standing on (or, if you're in the ISS, orbiting)? We're on a hunk of iron that has survived events that would wipe out our entire species many times over; there is no damn way a Dragon Ball character should be able to destroy a planet with an energy beam, but still fear being blasted into the sun. Unless planets in the DBZ universe are just super fragile for some reason.

    Superman wins, in that scenario. And that's key here: according to Death Battle's rules (including removing inhibitions that keep competitors from killing), Superman wins. And by those rules, Akuma beats Shang Tsung, Leonardo beats the rest of the TMNT, and a lowly Goomba and Koopa Troopa kill each other in a surprisingly brutal draw. And it isn't because of the animation: as has been stated by Death Battle's creators multiple times, the animation is purely for kicks and giggles. It's ultimately irrelevant; for funsies, so Team Four Star fans get to see the usual reaction to Kaioken, so DBZ fans smile when Goku doesn't think twice in blasting Superman into the Sun, when Superman heat visions a bunch of homing ki blasts, etc. No, it's because of the rules and the measure of abilities put Superman waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Goku. It's a mismatch for Goku, even with very liberal interpretations of his overall power. And if we're going to do ascended DBGT Goku vs. DC 1,000,000 Supes, well, that's not what Death Battle is about.

    Why even be mad? I think Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon is a better character than Goku. Golly I guess I better defend Hiccup's ability to beat Goku in a fistfight? It's nonsensical. Death Battle is about the analysis of who'd win a freakin' Death Battle, and nothing more. Hell if I wrote a Superman vs. Goku scenario, it'd be a mind-controlled Superman fighting a Goku who just barely wins because of Goku's fighting ability and some shred of Supes fighting the mind control. And then they'd be like best buddies, with Goku pestering Superman to spar, and Superman always holding back. Because Superman's power isn't why Superman is a great character nor why he has some amazing stories told about him (Kingdom Come, Red Son, etc.); it's because of what he holds back, because for all his power he wants peace and justice. And Goku's a great character because of his infectious tenacity and heart, a story of the traditional zen martial artist on crack because flying and energy beams and cosmic tyrants who can blow up planets are cool and junk.

    Bleh, ramble over. Back to lurking. Have the Horde and Alliance finally become one faction yet?

    Warning: No need to bring religion into anything
    I have a question for you. Have you read my blog? I ask because if you still disagree with me I wish to know what parts of my argument you feel are incorrect. Maybe there's something I missed, or a way that I can improve them.

    Oh, and no DBZ/GT character ever dies strictly from the sun. In the cases of Cooler/Broly/Baby, they die from hitting the sun at FTL speeds and then being crushed between it and a kamehameha wave. Basically a hammer and anvil effect where they're taped to the front of the hammer head. I hope that analogy makes sense.

    And I'd like to go on record saying I'm not mad. In fact I delight in this sort of thing, and if Goku had won the Death Battle I probably wouldn't have even come on the mmo-champion to post about it. I'd have just played Dungeons and Dragons Online all day until it was time to go meet my gaming group for D&D.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  15. #4975
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I have a question for you. Have you read my blog? I ask because if you still disagree with me I wish to know what parts of my argument you feel are incorrect. Maybe there's something I missed, or a way that I can improve them.

    Oh, and no DBZ/GT character ever dies strictly from the sun. In the cases of Cooler/Broly/Baby, they die from hitting the sun at FTL speeds and then being crushed between it and a kamehameha wave. Basically a hammer and anvil effect where they're taped to the front of the hammer head. I hope that analogy makes sense.

    And I'd like to go on record saying I'm not mad. In fact I delight in this sort of thing, and if Goku had won the Death Battle I probably wouldn't have even come on the mmo-champion to post about it. I'd have just played Dungeons and Dragons Online all day until it was time to go meet my gaming group for D&D.
    To clarify: had Goku won I would have been okay with that too. I'm more for the theory of the Death Battle than the strict picking of a side.

    I did read your blog, and commented on it there, and I'll sum up what I said here if you like: just because measurements were taken doesn't mean power levels (i.e., Scouter power levels) are somehow being acknowledged as valid. One system of measurement was rejected by Ben and Chad based on it being inconsistent and unclear-at-best, and they opted for another measurement based on established feats; that doesn't mean the first system is somehow valid. Scouter power levels aren't a sound measurement; basing anything on them is heresay, anecdotal evidence at best.
    Jab piledriver with Fierce damage.

    http://hfm.wtf — Pondering Entertainment

  16. #4976
    Pit Lord Martinussen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Denmark, Ørum
    Posts
    2,442
    Laurcus let me give birth to your babies!


    And to post some actual dbz related, Any ideas when the new DBZ abridged is out? Cell saga being my favourite saga i just cant wait for TFS's version of it.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

  17. #4977
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Laurcus let me give birth to your babies!


    And to post some actual dbz related, Any ideas when the new DBZ abridged is out? Cell saga being my favourite saga i just cant wait for TFS's version of it.
    I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's soon. I'm dying to see how they'll handle Piccolo's fusion with Kami... among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  18. #4978
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's soon. I'm dying to see how they'll handle Piccolo's fusion with Kami... among other things.
    It's probably going to be a while before we see that, but Future Trunks should be coming up soon. I'm looking forward to that.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

    Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    Thank you. I hope one of the creators takes the time to read it.

  19. #4979
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It's probably going to be a while before we see that, but Future Trunks should be coming up soon. I'm looking forward to that.
    True. But honestly, if they're anything like seasons 1 and 2, and most of the movies, it'll be worth it, no matter how long it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  20. #4980
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    To clarify: had Goku won I would have been okay with that too. I'm more for the theory of the Death Battle than the strict picking of a side.

    I did read your blog, and commented on it there, and I'll sum up what I said here if you like: just because measurements were taken doesn't mean power levels (i.e., Scouter power levels) are somehow being acknowledged as valid. One system of measurement was rejected by Ben and Chad based on it being inconsistent and unclear-at-best, and they opted for another measurement based on established feats; that doesn't mean the first system is somehow valid. Scouter power levels aren't a sound measurement; basing anything on them is heresay, anecdotal evidence at best.
    Well, I'm not really basing most of my stuff off power levels from scouters. A lot of it is character statements like Goku saying that Vegeta got at least 3 times stronger from training in the Time Chamber, or Goku saying that General Rilldo is 5x stronger than Buu.

    And I do understand that some people feel power levels are irrelevant, but one thing I've tried to demonstrate with my blog, (I replied to you in the comments btw, basically saying the same thing) is that the Death Battle guys dismiss power levels out of hand and then use them by proxy via including Super Saiyan multipliers. I truly don't see a difference in practical theory between Goku getting 50x stronger through a transformation, as opposed to to getting 6x times stronger through training. And I feel that even barring power levels, they failed to include verifiable non-transformation related power increases.

    Also, it's kind of difficult to justify GT Goku being just as strong as Cell saga Goku, when one got demolished by Perfect Cell as a Super Saiyan, and the other demolished Super Perfect Cell in base form. I just feel like they don't ever look at the big picture.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •