Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    One thing still troubles me.

Sometimes, saiyans get hurt by rocks thrown at them (krillin) but not by the extreme punches thrown out.

-_-

It was filler though.
    Power suppression. DBZ characters can suppress their power levels down to 5.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    exactly. Gohan and Goku had spent their time in the hyperbolic time chamber to learn to control the wild power and rage from the SSJ 1 form. This way they could power down to a normal human strength, while being SSJ and get hurt by small rocks
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pretty sure Funimation said they were already going to dub the movie. The trailer, well, guess there's not much point, at least not yet.
    Can you show me where? my dreams got instantly shattered when i saw the comments on the video.
    The fun police took my signature.

5 what ?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    5 what ?
    just a power level of 5. Which is the power level of a human in DBZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    just a power level of 5. Which is the power level of a human in DBZ
    But 5 what? What's the unit of measurement for a power level?

Their isnt one as its a constant coefficient. If your wanting to be clever :P

IIRC is about what a really strong normal human fighter would have, or it is what a normal farmer has. Either way power levels and strength/ki strength doesn't scale linealy, But a 10000 power level fighter will very often be beaten by a 11000 power level figther.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

Power levels are their own unit of measurement. We don't know exactly what they mean, but we do have some benchmarks.

5 = Normal human.
    10 = Bulletproof and able to lift a small car over your head.
    110 = 300+ ton strength, (this may in fact not be an upper limit)
    180 = Enough force to destroy the Earth's moon.
    5,000 ~ 13,018 MPH in flight speed.
    18,000 = Enough force to destroy the Earth. (possibly several times over)
    90,000 = Faster than light.
    Somewhere over 900,000,000 = enough force to destroy a quarter of the universe.
    Somewhere over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 = enough force to shatter dimensions and destroy the multiverse.

The above data suggests an exponential scaling for power levels.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2013-02-05 at 01:34 AM.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Power levels are their own unit of measurement. We don't know exactly what they mean, but we do have some benchmarks.

5 = Normal human.
    Somewhere over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 = enough force to shatter dimensions and destroy the multiverse.

so if 2 humans did the fusion dance (and its additive assuming) they will be bullet proof?

LAUC

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    so if 2 humans did the fusion dance (and its additive assuming) they will be bullet proof?
    Maybe that's why Fusion is stronger than double teaming. Assuming Fusion Dance adds their PL instead of their strength, two fused humans would be bulletproof, even though if you doubled a regular person's physical attributes, they shouldn't be bulletproof or able to lift a car.

I always thought the reason the bullet bounced off of Goku was because he's a saiyan, tough skin and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    I always thought the reason the bullet bounced off of Goku was because he's a saiyan, tough skin and what not.
    The higher physical attributes of Saiyans though have also been shown as higher power levels. So that would be inconsistent with what we know.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    The higher physical attributes of Saiyans though have also been shown as higher power levels. So that would be inconsistent with what we know.
    i dont know if any of the stronger dragon ball humans were bullet proof

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i dont know if any of the stronger dragon ball humans were bullet proof
    Roshi and Krillin were shown as bulletproof, though their PL was higher than 10 at the time of their shooting.

5 = Normal human.

My god where are you getting these numbers from!

5 = Normal human.

So, basically, what you're saying is you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making stuff up based on an arbitrarily decided system of measuring someone's capabilities?

Just spouting out numbers doesn't really make any sense. There's no units of measurement.

But, something slightly related to this nonsense unit of determining one's strength. According to this chart, Superman has a power level of over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000. I guess that solves the Goku vs Superman debate, doesn't it?
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2013-02-05 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    My god where are you getting these numbers from!
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Power_Levels

The official ones are either from the manga or the Daizenshuu 7.

5 was Raditz's scouter reading of the farmer.
    10 was Goku's PL on the very first episode (where he was shot in the forehead and picked up a small car)
    180 was Roshi's when he blew up the moon.
    5000 was Vegeta's reading on Goku when Goku was heading to the battle
    18000 was Vegeta attempting to blow up the Earth.
    The last two are rough estimates of Broly's and Super Buu's (w/ Gohan) PLs

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 07:27 PM ----------

So, basically, what you're saying is you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making stuff up based on an arbitrarily decided system of measuring someone's capabilities?
    How is taking stuff directly from source material making stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    How is taking stuff directly from source material making stuff up?
    It's just spouting numbers. There's no cohesion.

But, something slightly related to this nonsense unit of determining one's strength. According to this chart, Superman has a power level of over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000. I guess that solves the Goku vs Superman debate, doesn't it?

No. We dont know Goku's strength by the end of GT, and we dont know Super mans exact strength. Besides, super man is in my opinion a stupid character made to never be able to fail. Even through all the super things he does, that seems quite unrealistic and unreal to me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:31 AM ----------

It's just spouting numbers. There's no cohesion.
    how is he spouting numbers?