We have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Dismiss
  1. #5541
    The Lightbringer Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    What gender was Supreme Kai again?
    Male.

    Queue TFS Krilling saying: THAT THING'S A GUY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  2. #5542
    Bloodsail Admiral Rendia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arse-end of Nowheresville
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Sure, but indirectly he created Super Buu >_> No doubt he actually did something worthy to be deemed hero for, but he is still the cause for the creation of super buu
    By that note, Vegeta is a non-hero because he let Cell go perfect. (He was "technically" a hero at that point (more anti-hero, but semantics))

    On the note of that Screw attack post... Damn. If that guy and Laurcus teamed up, I think the entire galaxy would explode from the sheer amount of math that would follow, lol.

    @Laurcus: I can see why he didn't use PLs, though. He wanted to prove Goku using the same quantifiable stats that can be used for "Stuperman".
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

  3. #5543
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    By that note, Vegeta is a non-hero because he let Cell go perfect. (He was "technically" a hero at that point (more anti-hero, but semantics))

    On the note of that Screw attack post... Damn. If that guy and Laurcus teamed up, I think the entire galaxy would explode from the sheer amount of math that would follow, lol.

    @Laurcus: I can see why he didn't use PLs, though. He wanted to prove Goku using the same quantifiable stats that can be used for "Stuperman".
    I agree completely. Many comic fans for some reason do not accept power levels as legitimate in any way, (they also try to make up excuses for why things like Cell being able to destroy a solar system or Broly destroying a galaxy and anything that proves anyone is FTL, are not legitimate) so it makes perfect sense to try and show that Goku is stronger without using them, just to "satisfy" all the haters.

    Basically, if you go to a comic site like Comic Vine and ask for people's opinions on Goku vs Superman, nearly everyone will tell you that Superman wins easily due to being many times faster and stronger than Goku. And if you try to argue against it people will literally just make up excuses for why your arguments don't count. I guarantee, as good as this guy's post is, it would be ignored and laughed at if posted on Comic Vine, because people are just that fucking stubborn. They're only looking for facts that favor Superman and it basically goes as far as willful ignorance and full blown self deception. It's kind of sad. I have over 1000 posts on Comic Vine, and the number of people that I've managed to convince that Goku can beat Superman is in the single digits.

    And to many of these people, Death Battle is now fucking canon, just because they said Superman would beat Goku. I actually appreciate the rare Superman fanboys I've ran into that don't know anything about DBZ and hate Death Battle purely on the basis that they got numerous Superman facts wrong.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2013-03-01 at 02:57 AM.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  4. #5544
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Searching for dank memes
    Posts
    34,448
    Greymane/Kanye 2020: Kanye Westmane for MMO Champion Party!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hampion-Party!

  5. #5545
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaccountforthiscontest View Post
    but goku wouldnt do that..

    he wants his opponents at their strongest


    its just something we wont ever find out till the creators of both sit down and pen out a story between em
    Once Goku meets a certain threshold, he just wants to stop them.... Spirit Bomb.

    But in the words of Stan Lee "When you have two super heroes fight each other you want it to end in some what of a tie, that way you have the fans content with their hero, and leaves the discussion up to them"

    If Goku and Superman ever fought I'd imagine that would happen.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-01 at 04:45 AM.

  6. #5546
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Searching for dank memes
    Posts
    34,448
    soooo when it comes to super saiyans

    do the carpets match the drapes

    especially for ss3......
    Greymane/Kanye 2020: Kanye Westmane for MMO Champion Party!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hampion-Party!

  7. #5547
    Bloodsail Admiral Rendia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arse-end of Nowheresville
    Posts
    1,180
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Once Goku meets a certain threshold, he just wants to stop them.... Spirit Bomb.
    If you read the post, spirit bomb was taken as not likely for him ti use against Stuperman because of the long charge time. Basically, it would give him too much time to get off his IMP, which would be very detrimental to Goku, despite his extremely high durability.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

  8. #5548
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Searching for dank memes
    Posts
    34,448
    i wonder if old kai still wont give a damn about ssgod

    i mean he didnt even care about ss4
    Greymane/Kanye 2020: Kanye Westmane for MMO Champion Party!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hampion-Party!

  9. #5549
    The Patient Ðemonhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    253
    Spirit Bomb wont work on superman anyways cuz he isnt evil in his heart

  10. #5550
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Searching for dank memes
    Posts
    34,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Spirit Bomb wont work on superman anyways cuz he isnt evil in his heart
    well it seems in some universes it manifests it self
    Greymane/Kanye 2020: Kanye Westmane for MMO Champion Party!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hampion-Party!

  11. #5551
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,883
    And the manga came out in 1984. It's almost 30 years old. The manga finished in Japan before we even got the dub.

    I feel old.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  12. #5552
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Searching for dank memes
    Posts
    34,448


    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 09:32 PM ----------

    Super Buu on DBZ fights

    "ALL YOU PEOPLE DO IS TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:34 PM ----------

    *upon being stuck in the item chamber lol*

    Super buu: But but, no ice cream? no candy no sweets????

    Piccolo: nope


    Super buu: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO


    Priorities.... buu has the best ones
    Greymane/Kanye 2020: Kanye Westmane for MMO Champion Party!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hampion-Party!

  13. #5553
    I'll see your shameless merchandising pic, and raise you this.



    Something about them saying the English words with a heavy Japanese accent just kills me.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-01 at 10:57 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Frog is more like Vegeta in quite a few ways.

    Honor, pride and all of that. They both have pretty tragic pasts. Magus draws parallels to some of Vegetas more negative traits and how he lived for the first few seasons of DBZ though.

    Plus in the remake of Chrono Trigger for the PS1 that had Toriyama do the cinematics one of the endings shows Glenn (Frog) being knighted in 600 AD and his physical appearance (facial, hair structure) is almost exactly like Vegeta.
    THERE'S A REMAKE FOR PS1?!?! To google I go. Thank you for that, I just recently got back into the game so these things are new to me.

    I agree with that totally as well. I just thought Magus was a little closer to Vegeta since his entire civilization was wiped out by Lavvos (He was even a prince and loves to wear gloves) and he just lives for that revenge and after awhile you see he's really not so evil afterall. As well as always insulting Crono yet you know he still respects him. The later vegeta definitely resembles Frog though.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-02 at 04:04 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  14. #5554

  15. #5555
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,239
    Hmm, what a pity. On the wikia of Pan it states she is 1/4 Saiyan.
    After that it says Goku Jr is 1/16th Saiyan at most.

    Meaning the Saiyan race was ended after that..

    Real shame tbh.

  16. #5556
    Meaning the Saiyan race was ended after that..

    Real shame tbh.
    I havnt watched DBZ in a long time. I just finished watching DBGT today for the first time, Planning on rewatching DBZ but this time in Japanese with english subs instead of dubbed.
    As far as I know, Pure blooded Saiyans dont age, and dont die from old age. So unless they die in combat or from a virus, Goku and Vegeta will always be alive (unless you count goku as dead at end of GT).

    Ill post my thoughts on GT at some point

  17. #5557
    Fluffy Kitten Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    As far as I know, Pure blooded Saiyans dont age, and dont die from old age. So unless they die in combat or from a virus, Goku and Vegeta will always be alive (unless you count goku as dead at end of GT).
    They do age, but they stay in their prime longer. Their lifespans are about the same as humans.

  18. #5558
    Mechagnome the9tail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    I havnt watched DBZ in a long time. I just finished watching DBGT today for the first time, Planning on rewatching DBZ but this time in Japanese with english subs instead of dubbed.
    As far as I know, Pure blooded Saiyans dont age, and dont die from old age. So unless they die in combat or from a virus, Goku and Vegeta will always be alive (unless you count goku as dead at end of GT).

    Ill post my thoughts on GT at some point
    You are wrong. Vegeta mentions after the time skip for Buu saga that Saiyans do age but dont show it to keep in top fighting condition. They do die from old age.

  19. #5559
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    2,011
    Kind of off topic from the current discussion, but I just realized at the start of DBZ, Bubbles the monkey was stronger than any of the Z fighters. Come on, you have to admit that's pretty funny. He's a fucking monkey.

  20. #5560
    Fluffy Kitten Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    He's a fucking monkey.
    Well, if you ask Frieza, so are Saiyans.

    Wait a moment... the reason Bubbles was strong was because he lived on King Kai's planet, getting used to the gravity. Where did King Kai get a monkey capable of surviving on his planet? It probably wasn't born there, considering the size of the planet and the lack of other monkeys. It's not the spirit body of a monkey since Bubbles was alive, proven by his gaining of a halo after Cell blew up the planet. Assuming Earth monkeys have a power level of around 5 or so, they couldn't be brought to the Kai's planet and survive the initial shock. Hmm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •