Deleted
    I just thought of something.
    What if Sharpner and Vegeta became friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    I just thought of something.
    What if Sharpner and Vegeta became friends?
    that would be odd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    that would be odd
    I know right.

Also when Goten at the end of Z had Yamcha hair...I laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know right.

Also when Goten at the end of Z had Yamcha hair...I laughed.
    goten is the yamcha of the saiyans

i mean raditz at least put up a fight and a series of events that led to the death of goku

Deleted
    goten is the yamcha of the saiyans

i mean raditz at least put up a fight and a series of events that led to the death of goku
    I like Goten as a kid though, just a good kid.

King Cold is stronger than Frieza, the power levels are felt by the Z fighters as they approach Earth, they state I sense Frieza and someone else, that is stronger. (Frieza and his father can't disguise their power levels, only by using transformations)
    We know that Frieza's "final form" is actually his true form and he uses his prior forms to conserve energy and to maintain his power, as he alludes to he would be killing his henchmen too easily (or something like that).

So Frieza's weaker forms are actually transformations, and as he gets stronger, hes untransforming.

This would also be true for his father, who maybe can't reach the weakest transformation.

Here's a point of reference.

Frieza in his Second Form - 1,000,000 (roughly a little higher)
    King Cold in his Second Form - 120,000,000 (roughly probably higher)
    King Cold exceeds Frieza's max power level only in his second form, he can only get stronger and stronger.
    It should also be noted that when they were putting Frieza back together with mechanical parts they said he would be stronger than ever.

"Although King Cold never actually engages in a proper fight in either the manga or anime, his level of power is mentioned several times. In the manga, Gohan, Krillin, and Tien Shinhan acknowledge a "huge ki just like Frieza's". In the FUNimation Dub of the anime, the narrator seems to doubt that Future Trunks can take on King Cold by himself (despite Future Trunks having effortlessly defeated Frieza moments before). Tien, Cold himself, and Vegeta (in the original Japanese version, as well as in the English dub of Dragon Ball Kai) reference King Cold as being even more powerful than Frieza. The video game Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 states that "Officially, King Cold's strength is greater than Frieza or Cooler's". Despite his supposed strength, King Cold is never given the opportunity to showcase his power (outside of the videogames) and like his son, is easily dispatched by Super Saiyan Future Trunks."
    Here's the only thing that would put doubt in my mind.

Daizenshuu 7 states in Cold's bio that he is "somewhat inferior" to Frieza.[1] Cold says nothing while Frieza brags about being the strongest in the universe and he calls Future Trunks the strongest in the universe after the latter defeats Frieza, implying that Frieza is actually stronger than him.
    Idk I just go by Frieza was 1,000,000 is second form and King Cold was 120,000,000 in second form. King Cold would only get stronger as he reached his final form, with his second form already exceeding Frieza's final form, he's pretty much undoubtedly stronger.

Honestly I always recognized Frieza's father as being stronger as a kid watching it, and some-what retaining that memory as I got older and played the games threw my teen years. As an adult (and rewatching it) its rather clear that he's stronger as its pretty much stated in the show. Anyone who really argues against simply didnt watch the show, read the manga, or play the video games, lol. IMO this topic should pretty much go without saying, it's a fair question to ask if you dont know, but its not much of a debate.

EDIT ---

Japanese Anime: Flash back of when King Cold rescues Frieza.
    "I will squeeze the life out of the one who defeated his son."
    - King Cold firmly believes he could defeat whoever defeated his son.

Japanese Anime: As Frieza's space ship comes to Earth, Vegeta is bashing Goku for letting Frieza live.
    "but nevermind that... who is that with him? The one with a ki so much greater than his?"
    - Vegeta recognizes Frieza's ki and states the other one is stronger.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-04-12 at 03:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Goten as a kid though, just a good kid.
    Goten as a kid was fine. As an adult, like most of the characters in GT, he was a nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you aidam, that def helps a lot

also yeah adult goten is yamcha

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 04:40 AM ----------

So, I had an interesting idea. Does anyone have any friends that haven't seen DBZ? I ask, because I want to experiment on someone. Try to think of this from the perspective of someone that has never watched the series. Watch The History of Trunks before Trunks appears. It would fucking invert your perspective up until the point where Trunks finds Android 19's head.

Think about it. When someone normally watches DBZ for the first time, Trunks is this mysterious character when he first shows up and when he says that the Androids of the main timeline are different from the ones in his timeline the viewer is just as confused as the rest of the main characters. You're seeing things from their perspective. But, if you were to watch The History of Trunks first, you'd immediately recognize Trunks, but you wouldn't recognize Androids 19 and 20, and you'd have the same reaction as Trunks. You'd be seeing things from his perspective, immediately wondering why the Androids of this time are different.

I honestly want to know what kind of reaction a first time viewer would have to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, I had an interesting idea. Does anyone have any friends that haven't seen DBZ? I ask, because I want to experiment on someone. Try to think of this from the perspective of someone that has never watched the series. Watch The History of Trunks before Trunks appears. It would fucking invert your perspective up until the point where Trunks finds Android 19's head.

Think about it. When someone normally watches DBZ for the first time, Trunks is this mysterious character when he first shows up and when he says that the Androids of the main timeline are different from the ones in his timeline the viewer is just as confused as the rest of the main characters. You're seeing things from their perspective. But, if you were to watch The History of Trunks first, you'd immediately recognize Trunks, but you wouldn't recognize Androids 19 and 20, and you'd have the same reaction as Trunks. You'd be seeing things from his perspective, immediately wondering why the Androids of this time are different.

I honestly want to know what kind of reaction a first time viewer would have to that.
    I imagine they would be quite surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this online. Not sure if it's correct or not, but I'm sure someone is working on this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S15KfEjZaCU

English subbed trailer for DBZ:BOG
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    im back from the home of infinite losers

10+ Year Old Account
    im back from the home of infinite losers
    I'm ashamed that it took me more than five seconds to remember what that was. And what did you do to the blood fountain?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ate it

with pepper

It's nice how big this thread has become, I wonder if we'll ever get a new dragon ball series or maybe a remake of GT so there's something more to discuss. I was also thinking the other day, Google should make a Scouter version of their google glasses, with a modern touch but definitely recognisable.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I wonder though, how would the tournament fights in the Buu saga would have worked out if everything went on as usual?

Goku vs Vegeta:

They would blow up the freaking ring and Vegeta might accidently kill people I am sure, shit would go crazy but I don't know if Goku would hold back his SSJ3 or not since he didn't know yet that Vegeta held a grudge. If not, Vegeta would get his ass handed to him.

Yamu vs Jewel: Pretty safe to say Yamu would beat the shit out of this pretty boy.

Krillin Vs Pintar: We got to see it, 1 hit KO win for Krillin as expected.

Piccolo vs Shin: Not sure actually because they both are equally strong in my mind, both are still nothing in front of the Saiyans.

Spopovich Vs Videl: She got her ass beat because of Majin powers, otherwise she actually did pretty well.

Gohan vs Kibito: Kibito would get his ass beat of course.

Killah vs Mighty Mask (Trunks and Goten in disguise): Ass whooping of course.

Did I forget anything?

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 03:54 AM ----------

I wonder though, how would the tournament fights in the Buu saga would have worked out if everything went on as usual?

Goku vs Vegeta:

They would blow up the freaking ring and Vegeta might accidently kill people I am sure, shit would go crazy but I don't know if Goku would hold back his SSJ3 or not since he didn't know yet that Vegeta held a grudge. If not, Vegeta would get his ass handed to him.

Yamu vs Jewel: Pretty safe to say Yamu would beat the shit out of this pretty boy.

Piccolo vs Shin: Not sure actually because they both are equally strong in my mind, both are still nothing in front of the Saiyans.

Spopovich Vs Videl: She got her ass beat because of Majin powers, otherwise she actually did pretty well.

18 VS Satan: Got promised the prize money+ bonus when she agreed to lose on purpose, otherwise an asswhooping as expected.

Did I forget anything?

10+ Year Old Account

Goku vs Vegeta:

Did I forget anything?
    I'm assuming the no Super Saiyan rule they made before the tournament is void.

Round One

-Krillin def Pintar (duh)
    -S. Kai def Piccolo
    -Spopovich def Videl
    -Gohan def Kibito
    -18 def Hercule (by now, Satan realizes he's f*cked, and even if 18 lets him past, he needs to beat the others. He'd probably take the loss to 18 and go with stomach cramps again)
    -Goku def Vegeta (W/o the Majin boost, Goku's SSJ2 form beats Vegeta's. I think Goku would use SSJ3 if he thought he was in real danger of losing, but that would hurt his chances later in the tournament due to reduced time and energy used)
    -Mighty Mask def Killah
    -Yamu def Jewel

Round Two

-S. Kai def Krillin
    -Gohan def Spopovich
    -Goku def 18
    -Mighty Mask def Yamu

Round Three

-Gohan def S. Kai
    -Goku def Mighty Mask

Final Round

Depends how much energy Goku and Gohan used before this fight. At this point, Goku is stronger than Gohan, but Goku will have fought SS2 Vegeta, 18 and SS Mighty Mask. Gohan has fought Kibito (stated as equal to Gohan's base form by Daizenshuu), Spopovich (Gohan's only danger here is not getting DQed for killing after what Spop did to Videl), and S. Kai, who is probably a bit stronger than Kibito, but not by much.

The Winner: Chi Chi. She gets the first and second place prize money.