Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Krillin you had one job!

Also.... the best ending.... ever

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

What i know so were gohan the strongest but ge had not lunch skill so i am cheering for vegito

I want some Linner....chicken and waffles!
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

The Patient
    Let's go han Gohome.
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Prot/Fury TG Warrior
    Surv Hunter
    Resto Druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Some of them could be, since they take place during timeskips.

5. Cooler's Revenge takes place between Goku's arrival on Earth and the Android Saga
    9. Bojack Unbound takes place a year after the Cell Saga, several years before the Great Saiyaman Saga
    13. Wrath of the Dragon takes place after Kid Buu's defeat, but before Uub.
    14. Battle of the Gods takes place after 13, plus being made by Akira Toriyama himself makes it more canon.
    While there is still debate about Bojack, I don't think he fits in the timeline. Battle of Gods is obvious. Cooler's Revenge doesn't fit. And I guess Wrath of the Dragon fits too.

The other movies don't fit with the series though. The two TV specials, however, are considered fully canon in terms of timeline and story. Mostly because one is kind of a prequel (even though Bardock started out as a filler character ^^) and the other is an alternate timeline where Trunks actually comes to the timeline of the series.

The rest are just standalone movies really.

As for the TFS movie... "Drama queeeeen" xD
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-11-05 at 10:19 PM.

Rarely updated...

a big movie time-line fuck up thing was with the hirudegarn movie. trunks getting his sword from tapion couldn't have happened, because the androids were already dead, goku was super saiyan 3, and everyone else would shit on the androids as well. though really, i always looked at dbz time lines working like it's believed to work irl. meaning when trunks travels through time, he doesn't stay in the same reality, he goes to another that isn't as far ahead as his.

Ha, I just thought of something. TFS loves bringing back Nappa. I wonder if they'll bring him back during the whole Cell arc in relation to those news reporter guys or simply during the Buu arc as the creator of that 'Satan beats Cell' movie. Or even perhaps involved with the Saiyaman movie. Aaah, so many opportunities for Nappa to appear.
    I want it to happen!
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    While there is still debate about Bojack, I don't think he fits in the timeline.
    Bojack Unbound is one of the easiest movies to fit into the timeline of the series.

While there is still debate about Bojack, I don't think he fits in the timeline. Battle of Gods is obvious. Cooler's Revenge doesn't fit. And I guess Wrath of the Dragon fits too.
    Why doesn't Cooler's Revenge fit?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    a big movie time-line fuck up thing was with the hirudegarn movie. trunks getting his sword from tapion couldn't have happened, because the androids were already dead, goku was super saiyan 3, and everyone else would shit on the androids as well. though really, i always looked at dbz time lines working like it's believed to work irl. meaning when trunks travels through time, he doesn't stay in the same reality, he goes to another that isn't as far ahead as his.
    One fan idea I heard of was this

They manage to distract Hir long enough for Tapion to contain both parts for a short time.... Where Trunks then is the one to kill Tapion thus killing Hir. Like Tapion wanted in the movie.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-11-06 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Why doesn't Cooler's Revenge fit?
    Cooler's Revenge can't take place during the 3 years waiting for the androids mostly because Goku doesn't have the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan at will. That was THE most important part of Trunks coming back, him making sure that Goku could transform at will and be able to fight the androids. The only way the movie fits is if it was an alternate universe where Goku came back with the wish from Porunga.

Basically the movies that CAN fit based on both the power scaling and the appearance of characters (in both how they look and the whether or not they're alive) are Garlic Junior, Bojack, Wrath of the Dragon, and Battle of Gods. Everything else is thrown off by things like Goku using kaioken and the spirit bomb with Piccolo and Yamcha alive, Dende being the guardian even though Trunks isn't in the movie at all and Gohan isn't a Super Saiyan, etc.
    Last edited by Avianator; 2013-11-06 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avianator View Post
    Cooler's Revenge can't take place during the 3 years waiting for the androids mostly because Goku doesn't have the ability to transform into a Super Saiyan at will. That was THE most important part of Trunks coming back, him making sure that Goku could transform at will and be able to fight the androids. The only way the movie fits is if it was an alternate universe where Goku came back with the wish from Porunga.

Basically the movies that CAN fit based on both the power scaling and the appearance of characters (in both how they look and the whether or not they're alive) are Garlic Junior, Bojack, Wrath of the Dragon, and Battle of Gods. Everything else is thrown off by things like Goku using kaioken and the spirit bomb with Piccolo and Yamcha alive, Dende being the guardian even though Trunks isn't in the movie at all and Gohan isn't a Super Saiyan, etc.
    What are you talking about? Goku was always able to turn ssj at will. The reason for Trunks coming to the past was to warn everyone of the coming of the androids so they could prepare and in order to give Goku his medicine so he wouldn't die before the androids came.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    What are you talking about? Goku was always able to turn ssj at will. The reason for Trunks coming to the past was to warn everyone of the coming of the androids so they could prepare and in order to give Goku his medicine so he wouldn't die before the androids came.
    That's my point. Cooler's Revenge can't be a canon movie BECAUSE Goku isn't able to. His Super Saiyan transformation against Cooler wasn't at will. It was in response to a life or death situation, like it was against Frieza. If he could have done it at will, he would have BEFORE Cooler almost destroyed the planet.

When Trunks came back in time the first thing he asked was if Goku could turn into a Super Saiyan. I didn't mean it as the MAIN reason for him showing up, I just meant it was an important thing for him. Even if he's warned about the androids and survives the heart virus, what would be the point if he couldn't even turn Super Saiyan at will?
    Last edited by Avianator; 2013-11-06 at 04:22 AM.

Ah ok, sorry, I misunderstood you. Seems like I have to rewatch that movie though, as Goku not being able to turn ssj at will seems very weird.

And lol, i was thinking of the wrong Cooler movie. It's true that he only turned ssj at the very last moment, but I always simply considered that his stubborness. We all know DB characters like to hide their power till the last moment. Anyway, that was just my view on it back when I watched it. And regardless of that, I can find a flaw in almost all movies that prevent them from being canon.

Hmm, though you say ssj required a life and death situation, but that is not true. The trigger to turn ssj was strong emotions (and I think those emotions were supposed to be opposite of your character, though I'm not sure on that).

And lastly about Trunks coming to the past, I doubt it was to check Goku's ability to turn into a ssj. It's more likely that he wanted to check Goku's general power. After all, Trunks was aware that both himself and Gohan were able to transform at will, so why wouldn't Goku. And Goku could easily have learned that in those 3 years, if couldn't already.

i thought goku went ragemode after the bird died in his hand in the cooler movie? it's been forever since i saw it, but i'm pretty sure it was either then or shortly after it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avianator View Post
    Basically the movies that CAN fit based on both the power scaling and the appearance of characters (in both how they look and the whether or not they're alive) are Garlic Junior
    No.
    why? krillin didn't know Goku had a son before radditz appeared. and well... Goku was killed in that fight.
    Garlic Jr. COULD NOT happen. (atleast not the manga-universe-timeline)

The two TV specials, however, are considered fully canon in terms of timeline and story. Mostly because one is kind of a prequel (even though Bardock started out as a filler character ^^) and the other is an alternate timeline where Trunks actually comes to the timeline of the series.
    Filler is when an anime adaptation stretches out the story more than the original source-manga did (a lot of the time with new content. e.g. characters, plot arcs etc). Bardock, however did actually appear in one panel of Toriyama's original DBZ manga, so he technically didn't originate as a filler character.
    An example of a filler character in DBZ would be Marron (Krillin's girlfriend) as she never once appeared in the manga.

Didnt babidi appear in the show before the manga?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    Well there were three timelines due to the interference of time-travel. The Prime timeline which is probably future Trunks' timeline. The current which was made by Trunks interfering with the medicine and with Dr. Gero making himself into a cyborg while also releasing 16. Then there is the timeline in which Cell killed future Trunks after he left back to the future and stole his time machine to go back to the past to hunt for the present day and alive androids. So you're more or less right.
    Romans 1:20

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."