I watched the episode of bardock like last week.. and I never saw him go Super saiyan.. how could I miss that unless I watched some shortened version, but it was like 45 minutes..
    And how is Broly's different? I know he is legendary and magically comes back to life but he doesn't actually look or seem different than other super saiyans (other than that he has no pupils half the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    I watched the episode of bardock like last week.. and I never saw him go Super saiyan.. how could I miss that unless I watched some shortened version, but it was like 45 minutes..
    And how is Broly's different? I know he is legendary and magically comes back to life but he doesn't actually look or seem different than other super saiyans (other than that he has no pupils half the time.)
    I reckon you watched the Bardock TV special where he gets the ability to see the future. Episode of Bardock is a Japanese special that came out not too long ago, and it's impossible to miss him go Super Saiyan.

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto View Post
    Do you have a tumblr or something, Laurcus? I found something by googling your signature ages ago. Was like a pages long rant. I wish I could find the whole thing.
    Nope. I really only post here. Well, at least concerning DBZ stuff. I am actually familiar with that Tumblr post though. It was a reposting of what I posted on page 2 of the Goku vs Superman thread here. I have no idea who made that Tumblr post, but oh well lol.

I do go by Laurcus on basically any site I register on though. So if you see a Laurcus on the BioWare forums, Animesuki, science.net, Youtube, and a few others, it's probably me.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    bardock never reached the legendary form

he only reached SS1 and is confirmed to be the saiyan that freiza was afraid of (because bardock killed chilled)

the real first legendary super saiyan of vegetas legends is some one else

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Yeah, as Rageissues said, you probably watched the tv special Bardock: The Father of Goku. There's another special with Bardock in it called Episode of Bardock. Hint, Bardock survives the destruction of planet Vegeta.

Broly's form, Legendary Super Saiyan, is actually quite different from normal Super Saiyan. It's more powerful, and in his case it produces a green aura. It also vastly increases his muscle size, and appears to burst forth from under his skin when he transforms. Supposedly, the form is accessible because he has a tail, (you never see his tail except when he's a baby but trust me it's there) which Bardock also has when he goes Super Saiyan. So in theory, Bardock should have access to the form as well.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Broly does have a tail

he keeps it in his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    bardock never reached the legendary form

he only reached SS1 and is confirmed to be the saiyan that freiza was afraid of (because bardock killed chilled)

the real first legendary super saiyan of vegetas legends is some one else
    We don't know for sure that Bardock never reached LSS. It's not like he died immediately after Episode of Bardock. You are right though in that he is not the Saiyan of legend that Vegeta spoke of. It is likely though that both were alive at the same time.

inb4 Fight between Bardock and Original Super Saiyan.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    We don't know for sure that Bardock never reached LSS. It's not like he died immediately after Episode of Bardock. You are right though in that he is not the Saiyan of legend that Vegeta spoke of. It is likely though that both were alive at the same time.

inb4 Fight between Bardock and Original Super Saiyan.
    I would love to see an episode of bardock based series, why not have him be the main character and basically reset power levels to namek-freiza saga levels so the universe does not implode

rumors have it its a plan, i want it to be so

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Because they were recommended by people I just got to and finished watching the Super Android 13 and Wrath of the Dragon movies.

I didn't think the Super Android film was anything special, in fact I'd call it very much a typical DBZ film, almost a generic one amongst the others, although I was instantly confused because I tried to place the film inside the show's time line and I couldn't do so comfortably, what with the very start showing Doctor Gero being killed by 17. (Just how many projects does that guy have on the go at once? Seems almost like me!... If only I could create a computer that could do my own work (but about a dozen times better it seems) without my input.) I did like 13's southern voice though and his little rant against free will, he has a point that I don't think is very well rebutted, if at all.

However, Wrath of the Dragon was a different beast entirely and I must say I was enthralled, it did seem very different from what I'd consider the norm and I know there was a little discussion on this come pages ago but from now on I consider that sword future Trunks has to be Tapion's enchanted blade, canon or not it will forever be in my mind.

Of course I still sighed when the heroes were taken for a ride by the obvious shifty eyed villain.

Oh and one other very minor point is that I disliked Hirudegarn's sort of transformation or renewal towards the end, it just made him look a bit too similar to that giant bug Nappa and Vegeta met at the beginning of Z, but it's a minor point.
    Yeah, as I said, Wrath of the Dragon is the best. Super Android 13 is fairly average in most respects, I just like the finish. And really, the best thing about the finish is that the zoomed out spot makes a badass clip for AMVs. And for me, the finish is one of the most important parts.

I like how androids 13-15 was basically american

u know why

Oh yep I did watch the one where he got the ability to see the future.. didn't realize there was more than one.

If it's the tail that unlocks LSS then couldn't GT goku technically do it?

Also I just watched Lord Slug in Japanese (because that was the way I found it) and the voices... Goku and Krillin's are just so bad. Yajirobe sounds so funny too. Piccolo sounds ok and King Kai sounds like a narrator.
    What does all the san and chan after the names mean? Is it like a way to show the relationship to that person?
    Also I know movies do not fit timelines n all, but when is it kinda supposed to be because it mentioned frieza and super saiyans and all, but goku never went SS (unless the one I watched was Subbed incorrectly lol)

i'd love to know who the saiyan of legend is,and if he's tied to goku in any way,will probably never find out

freiza in japanese actually sounds pretty normal

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:32 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 02:34 AM ----------

i;m sorry but the animation for that is just to good to not make into its own series or remake aaaaaallll the dbz in that animation

Is there somewhere with the Episode of Bardock with English voices? Not subbed

Quote Originally Posted by Karosea View Post
    Is there somewhere with the Episode of Bardock with English voices? Not subbed
    nope

suffer through bardocks child voice (aka same as gokus)

and enjoy freizas actually..... more masculine then goku voice

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    nope

suffer through bardocks child voice (aka same as gokus)

and enjoy freizas actually..... more masculine then goku voice
    Nooooooooooooooo the japanese voices really annoy me..

found this,atleast it's english lol

(didn't watch whole thing so sorry if it sucks)

Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post

found this,atleast it's english lol

(didn't watch whole thing so sorry if it sucks)

me gusta!!!!!!

me freista

Those aliens in Episode of Bardock are soooooo cute.

Also, the whole premise of that episode confused me. Bardock is hit by Frieza's attack, yet he is transported into the distant past as himself, turns into a Super Saiyan and kills Frieza's ancestor. Is he actually dead and this is some flash of knowledge prior to his demise? Or does he actually go back in time and become his own great x20 grandfather?

Also: DAT english dub. Chris Ayres is amazing!
    Last edited by Nadev; 2012-04-13 at 03:38 AM.

Is episode of Bardock even canon though? I thought it was part of those videos that were side projects for Dragon Ball Online or something. Or at least, not made by Toriyama.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds