Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    I gotta go with the first time Goku hits Super Saiyan as my favorite scene ever. It's the first time you really see rage inside of Goku. He's generally so cool and so composed and he just rages and loses it and tadaa, Super Saiyan Goku is born.
    It's funny how in order to reach Super Saiyan (excluding Kid Trunks and Goten who are freaks) the character has to do something totally out of character. Goku, Gohan and future Trunks had to release their rage when they are normally really calm and compassionate, while Vegeta had to give up and not give a damn anymore and it finally came to him.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

[QUOTE
    This is by far my favorite scene in DBZ. That music is so incredibly epic... goosebumps every time. The past few times I've worked out, I just turned the ascension theme on repeat and powered ahead. By far the most inspiring workout song I've had lol.[/QUOTE]

I think my favorite SS transformation would have to be Gohan after Cell steps on 16's head. You knew right then and there Cell was about to get jack'd up. You also had a connection with 16 because he didn't go out of his way to fight, He just wanted to chill and talk with the birds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    SS3 is my favorite transformation, because Goku just does it out of nowhere. However my favorite scene (without thinking about it too much) would be when Goku fully heals on Namek and zaps over to Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta and Frieza, and they're all surprised to see him. And he just walks up to Frieza like it's just another day, and we see his aura. Pretty cool moment, to me.
    love this scene too,its that moment in a show/movie you hope to see that raises your neck hair up and just feels epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Got me a new avatar Took me so long to find the image I wanted. Had to do some work to it so it would fit too.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:53 AM ----------

O ya, also funny story. If you google search "Goku vs Frieza" and look through the pics you will eventually see Laurcus' avatar with a link to this thread. Made me laugh anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 02:05 AM ----------

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
    KaiserNeko: Episode 29 went over well with the Khaotic Kon crowd today! Expect it up tomorrow night, barring connection issues.

Something to look forward to tomorrow. Also I hate being the only one to use the thread this late. Always feel like I'm talking to myself lol. Then I log on the next day after work and there's like 2 pages of stuff.
    episode 29???!?!?!?! SO SOON!!!! OOOMMMMGGGGG

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what other Manga's are out there other than DBZ Multiverse?

Also, gotta say Wrath of the Dragon is my favorite movie. Only seen it in original Japanese, with Subtitles. Would love to see a Funimation Dub of it, though.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    episode 29???!?!?!?! SO SOON!!!! OOOMMMMGGGGG
    Well, they said on their twitter when they released 28 that it was originally going to be twice as long, but an error forced them to split 28 into 2 parts. So 29 is really just part 2 of 28. ^_^ But yes, it's going to be awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post

Also, gotta say Wrath of the Dragon is my favorite movie. Only seen it in original Japanese, with Subtitles. Would love to see a Funimation Dub of it, though.
    The Funimation dub is really good, as always, because Sean Schemmel is a boss.

have 45 books in my room 42 of them are Dragonball
    i really liked the ending of dbz much more than the of normal dragon ball (chichi und goku flying away)
    or gz

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched Wrath of the Dragon yet, but finished the rest of the movies. I gotta say, it's pretty anti-climatic when several of the movies end about 5 seconds after the main fighter transforms.

Cooler's Revenge - Goku goes Super Saiyan, beats Cooler w/o even trying.
    Bojack Unbound - Gohan goes SS2, beats everyone w/o even trying.
    Fusion Reborn - Goku and Vegeta fuse, Gogeta beats Janemba w/o even trying.

An english version of that movie is on nicktoons (lol). Found it with google
    And so the newest abridged is coming out today or soon? hooray

Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    An english version of that movie is on nicktoons (lol). Found it with google
    And so the newest abridged is coming out today or soon? hooray
    There's been a Funimation dub for Wrath of the Dragon for years lol.

But yeah, the newest DBZ Abridged episode should be out sometime today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    SS3 is my favorite transformation, because Goku just does it out of nowhere. However my favorite scene (without thinking about it too much) would be when Goku fully heals on Namek and zaps over to Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta and Frieza, and they're all surprised to see him. And he just walks up to Frieza like it's just another day, and we see his aura. Pretty cool moment, to me.
    My favourite is Vegeta's speech just before he dies to Frieza, was fighting back tears really hard. 2nd would be Final Flash =)

10+ Year Old Account

there is also toyble's Dragonball AF which takes place after GT, and starts out with the Ize saga (son of freiza) and into the xicor saga (relation to goku ill keep a secret)

10+ Year Old Account
    I asked earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer. Where can you find Dragon Ball AF? The results I find on Google only do about half the Xicor arc (the longest I've found only goes up the Broly rez). Is there a place with the complete series?

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:24 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    i looked it up with Toyble

there is more to the broly saga, with pikcon (epic battle)

it sadly only ends (not sure if its because toyble quit) with master roshi telling goku and vegeta jr no more story time for today

ou have to look up the ize saga seperatly

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 09:03 PM ----------

Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-04-14 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of 16, we know 17 and 18 weren't fully explained, but what about 16? Was he fully automated? And if so, then what was his connection to peace and nature? Was he a robot that gained feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well, they said on their twitter when they released 28 that it was originally going to be twice as long, but an error forced them to split 28 into 2 parts. So 29 is really just part 2 of 28. ^_^ But yes, it's going to be awesome.
    Think they're close enough to hit Super Saiyan? I can't remember much of the filler between Goku fighting Freeza and him going Super Saiyan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Speaking of 16, we know 17 and 18 weren't fully explained, but what about 16? Was he fully automated? And if so, then what was his connection to peace and nature? Was he a robot that gained feelings?

Think they're close enough to hit Super Saiyan? I can't remember much of the filler between Goku fighting Freeza and him going Super Saiyan.
    16 was a full robot, don't remember at what point betwean escape from Dr. Gero's lab and his death at Cell Games, but he did say he's a full robot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think it should be close. The last episode ended after Goku's Kaiokenx20 Kamehameha Wave, and I think he started making the Spirit Bomb right after. So Spirit Bomb > Krillin Owned: Fatality > Super Saiyan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I think it should be close. The last episode ended after Goku's Kaiokenx20 Kamehameha Wave, and I think he started making the Spirit Bomb right after. So Spirit Bomb > Krillin Owned: Fatality > Super Saiyan.
    Yeah and considering it was originally a 20+ minutes episode, one would think something important happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    16 was a full robot, don't remember at what point betwean escape from Dr. Gero's lab and his death at Cell Games, but he did say he's a full robot.
    So then how did he develop feelings? He already had them as soon as he was awakened.

Yes, 16 was fully robotic. As for how he developed feelings... Magic.

Being serious, I think it's more accurate to say that it's because he's such an advanced AI that he was able to learn and understand feelings and morality through his interactions with the rest of the world. He may be a robot, but he does have the capacity to learn and change.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep as explained 16 was a full robot

only 17 and 18 were human

20 had a human brain, but a full robot body. 19 was a full robot aswell

13, 14, and 15 were also robots.... with accents