Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Did frieza have his golden form during the Namek saga? Because, Beerus keeps being surprised that Goku managed to kill Frieza. Even when Goku went SSJ in episode 5, Beerus is like ''This form couldnt be strong enough to kill Frieza''
    No, Frieza used his maximum power on Namek and was still curbstomped by Goku. The thing is, back then Frieza had never trained because he was just so damn strong naturally. It didn't take that much effort for him to reach the golden form after he started training.

Beerus propably could gauge Friezas hidden potential and what he could become if he work for it. But Frieza never had any reason to work to get that power because before Goku he had never met anyone who could come close to his power.

Saw the movie, i'll drop my own personal opinion.

It felt rushed.
    Fights seemed simple, and didn't introduce any unique or bad ass techniques. (Most DBZ movies have some sort of ultimate attack finish, done in a unique way)
    A lot of characters were left out and didn't fight, for example Buu didn't even make an appearance.
    No further explanations are really given on Beerus and Whis's roles in the DBZ universe.
    Blue hair super saiyan, just sorta happened and was achieved off screen.
    Golden Frieza, kinda silly.
    Vegeta needed more fight time.
    Realistically Piccolo shoulda been able to dummy the majority of Frieza's men, that "rivaled Zarbon & Dodoria" considering how much stronger he got during the androids/ cell.

I appreciate the movie, but its not like the original. It's more of a continuation of Kai.

I've seen Frieza in hell and he was chillin with the Ginyu Force and Cell.
    He got dummied by Pikkon & Goku.
    He wasn't mecha in hell, he got his body back.
    Gohan one punched Frieza in Fusion Reborn.

The new stuff is meh.
    The old stuff did it before, and did it better.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You know, I never really minded those episodes 'cos I could kinda see what they were trying to do. It was just a shame it was so different to the usual art style.

well, the animation was good but the artstyle was like... mine who didn't draw over 10 years.

Deleted
    Any idea when/if is the movie getting released in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    well, the animation was good but the artstyle was like... mine who didn't draw over 10 years.
    AFAIK those episodes had a visiting director doing them, and in anime director has pretty strong word on how the thing will look.

The style itself isn't even that bad, the problem arose from teh fact that it was so different from the usual look of Naruto, so everyone instantly picked on it and deemed it bad.

Same thing happened with TTGL episode 4. It too had different director than rest of the series and he wanted to make the episode look "like him".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda hoping they done some fuckup and aired the wrong version(like an unfinished one)....

The art in episode 5 is absolutely dreadful, what a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so jelly Dedomoazul would watch 5 times also if it was shown here

i didnt really like it that much
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I only noticed them because I saw them

I didnt even see the one with SS3 Gokus face

- - - Updated - - -

Check out all animation, its always like that. Like DIZNY WOORLDDD

- - - Updated - - -

i havent watched super yet because i need it dubbed but its been generating alot of memes online, i saw a caveman dinosaur lookin alien dude. that looked pretty cool.

im hoping maybe it will have more of a dragon ball feel instead of a super feel. maybe a more carefree journey type feel instead of "OH MEH GAD STRONKEST IN UNIVERSESESESES END OF WERLD"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    its a continuation of Z its gonna be about fighting. A journey would be terrible since well.... its not like there is any real danger with Goku around, look at GT. The travel/exploration episodes had no tension.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Yamcha treated Beerus like a bro, and nothing bad happened as Beerus accepted the Bro back slap, this making Yamcha and Beerus total dude bros
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2015-08-10 at 01:19 PM.

yamcha has the biggest balls to backslap the god of destruction

10+ Year Old Account
    they totally had a dude bro moment

there fore yamcha is awesome stfu haters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Must have had your eyes shut. They are so obvious to anyone with open eyes that nobody can miss them.

And no, animation is not always like that...
    I Likely would not have looked for it so hard, but I didnt see half of them

the ones with beerus I saw, but that was it.

well with a face like that, I am inclined to agree

I found the animation during that battle in Naruto to be terrible. At first I thought I was watching some fan made shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I found the animation during that battle in Naruto to be terrible. At first I thought I was watching some fan made shit.
    The animation is great, the direction of it is the problem. The animation is fluid and fast, but seeing the Sonic the Hedgehog legs and Pain going all cone head is about the direction and art and not the animation.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Beerus propably could gauge Friezas hidden potential and what he could become if he work for it. But Frieza never had any reason to work to get that power because before Goku he had never met anyone who could come close to his power.
    Really? You think a guy that sleeps for multiple years would really care about some commoner as .. Frieza? And if he really was an issue to begin with, he could've killed him.

The movie was simply made as an special to bring nostalgia back. Sure Frieza becomes stronger faster than other people when training, however it isn't as described by many. Frieza from training did not achieve much. It's simply the transformation that did the trick. It's probably the kinda "Legendary Super Saiyan" theme which is achievable by a very few and increases their power by a lot.

Because clearly you can hear him saying - I'll manage to get to power level 1.3M by 4-5 months. And that isn't much. Even if we assume that's post transformation.
    Even without the transformation Freiza would've tried to fight Goku, and as we saw. He was crushed, without even using Super Saiyan. And that's at his "Last Form".

Then somehow, Frieza turns Gold, and he's not only stronger than Goku in a regular form. But stronger than Goku in God Form and even being Super Saiyan in that form.
    And yes, he WAS and IS stronger. He just didn't handle the transformation well enough and wasted too much on the form. Similiar to Goku and the rest when fighting Cell. They trained their Super Saiyan forms to be able to power up even further in the forms, and make actions in the transformation feel natural.

So really, Frieza could've trained for 5 years and he wouldn't have become as strong as he was in the Movie WITHOUT the silly transformation. I mean it's canon. But it's almost as the bad guy turns "Gohan Mode Super Saiyan 2". It was only made for Nostalgia.

Why Gohan got so badly beaten up by Frieza without even going in any transformation beats me. Either Gohan has gotten, not only a bit WEAKER. But ALOT. Or it's broken. Same goes for Piccolo. Piccolo fused with Kami and Nail. He's at around Cells strength, and as we know, Piccolo always trains. But being beaten by someone at the strength of Zarbon or Dodoria? That's.. I mean. It's so wrong. Krillins wife would've been able to handle them easily. So much is broken.

And where the fuck was Buu.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2015-08-12 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frieza in his suppressed form is def powerful, maybe almost fat buu or kid buu level. This is shown with Sesime (the big red dude) fighting Piccolo and the need for Gohan to beat that guy

Frieza then goes, wooop,

then he transformers, certainly putting him on a new level beyond the buu forms and then we got his gold form which puts him at a gods lvl

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Really? You think a guy that sleeps for multiple years would really care about some commoner as .. Frieza? And if he really was an issue to begin with, he could've killed him.

The movie was simply made as an special to bring nostalgia back. Sure Frieza becomes stronger faster than other people when training, however it isn't as described by many. Frieza from training did not achieve much. It's simply the transformation that did the trick. It's probably the kinda "Legendary Super Saiyan" theme which is achievable by a very few and increases their power by a lot.

Because clearly you can hear him saying - I'll manage to get to power level 1.3M by 4-5 months. And that isn't much. Even if we assume that's post transformation.
    Even without the transformation Freiza would've tried to fight Goku, and as we saw. He was crushed, without even using Super Saiyan. And that's at his "Last Form".

Then somehow, Frieza turns Gold, and he's not only stronger than Goku in a regular form. But stronger than Goku in God Form and even being Super Saiyan in that form.
    And yes, he WAS and IS stronger. He just didn't handle the transformation well enough and wasted too much on the form. Similiar to Goku and the rest when fighting Cell. They trained their Super Saiyan forms to be able to power up even further in the forms, and make actions in the transformation feel natural.

So really, Frieza could've trained for 5 years and he wouldn't have become as strong as he was in the Movie WITHOUT the silly transformation. I mean it's canon. But it's almost as the bad guy turns "Gohan Mode Super Saiyan 2". It was only made for Nostalgia.

Why Gohan got so badly beaten up by Frieza without even going in any transformation beats me. Either Gohan has gotten, not only a bit WEAKER. But ALOT. Or it's broken. Same goes for Piccolo. Piccolo fused with Kami and Nail. He's at around Cells strength, and as we know, Piccolo always trains. But being beaten by someone at the strength of Zarbon or Dodoria? That's.. I mean. It's so wrong. Krillins wife would've been able to handle them easily. So much is broken.

And where the fuck was Buu.
    Misconceptions gotta clear up so maybe it was a bit better to understand, the movie was still meh but there were a few points off.

Frieza said billion not million, the new form was created by him to fill the void, I am guessing his species "makes" forms to hold the increases of power, think megaman and the E tanks :P

Gohan got weaker by a lot, but I am guessing the powerup from whats his face elder kai was temporary, kinda like an overcharge that wears out. Could be wrong but ya.

Goku in the blue hair form said "Its super saiyan with a bit of god energy put in" meaning he has minor god power, but not the full blown red head put in. God mode goku with red hair was about 70~% strong as Beerus was at his full power, Whis mentions that in his training as well with Vegeta and Goku that if they teamed up they "might" be able to overpower Beerus at their current levels. You still have to do the little ritual thing to become a god for a while, but you have remnants of the energy left over so they just fused that little bit with their SSJ forms. The name of the form makes it sound like they went SSG then transformed to Super Saiyan while being god mode, when in fact its just regular super saiyan with a little extra kick.

I will give you the training thing too, but Frieza was trying to put as little effort into his stuff as possible, he thought it would be enough, he was wrong. 4-6 months of training gave him that level of power, he should have done it for a year and came back, he would have curbed stomped everyone :P. Prodigies exist, Frieza was one. Oddly enough so was Vegeta, eventually his little gimmick wore off, but up till they both hit SSJ mode, Vegeta was stronger.. goku just had Kaioken to even the playing field. Goku traveled to namek 100X gravity or whatever, gave Vegeta a senzu and Vegeta's powerlevel rose to pretty close to his, Vegeta fought frieza's 4th form at 33%~ and while he got his ass kicked he was doing pretty well, meaning he was probably in the 10-15m power level range most likely, Goku for the record was only 3 million. Goku was using Kaioken the ENTIRE time in the fight, in short bursts up till he had to go full 20x to face 50% frieza (who was 60million powerlevel).

The dude piccolo was getting his asskicked by wasnt the favorite, so was overlooked, he actually was pretty strong himself, it doesnt make sense as to why Android 18 wasnt there and krillin takes care of the kid. Buu was in his "sleep cycle" or something dumb. They made up excuses for most of the newer cast to not be there. Although, I do not understand how roshi was there, even at his best, he should be about 1/3rd the level of the weakest henchman, on top of that, everyone else was getting tired... TIRED after randomly beating people, that does not make sense, all of the weakling could have been beaten by Yamcha.

Anyways... The only thing I dont like was the Gohan thing, I think him being weak was a cop out, as well as the whole Whis (I can travel 3min in the past!) thing to give goku the kill, Vegeta should have finished frieza off =/
    Last edited by Nilinor; 2015-08-12 at 03:10 PM.