at first I also had a problem with freezer and some of his guys being stronger than everyone but then I remembered saiyans are a warrior race with an ability getting a (huge) power boost the moment they almost die and having two transformations(giant ape and ssj).

what if freezers race and his minions have similar traits and abilites? that's the only reasonable thing I can think of (sure still a bit BS in my tase but waaay better than gohan not able to lift a rock anymore)

also I still have a problem with freezer being revived after more than a year (yeahyeah, I know dende could have made shenron stronger and stuff but why removing that rule? reviving is still against the nature)

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    at first I also had a problem with freezer and some of his guys stronger being than ever but then I remembered saiyans are a warrior race with an ability getting a (huge) power boost the moment they almost die and having two transformations(giant ape and ssj).

what if freezers race and his minions have similar traits and abilites? that's the only reasonable thing I can think of (sure still a bit BS in my tase but waaay better than gohan not able to lift a rock anymore)

also I still have a problem with freezer being revived after more than a year (yeahyeah, I know dende could have made shenron stronger and stuff but why removing that rule? reviving is still against the nature)
    It seems Freiza's race is strong naturally, thanks to their ability to transform multiple times as well, but he himself is just exceptional among them. Kind of like Goku is different for the Saiyans, attitude and personality wise at least.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm mixing something up, but wasn't Frieza's family abnormally powerful even by their race's standards?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Maybe I'm mixing something up, but wasn't Frieza's family abnormally powerful even by their race's standards?
    Their race is naturally strong compared to others

They are exceptional for their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, all these people in Frieza's army are aliens of multiple races. We don't have any knowledge of their potential other than the fact that they have a naturally high (by Namek saga's standards) power level that makes them suitable for Frieza's army.

Sure, the fact that Tagoma was, according to Gohan, at his strength when he was at his peak, is an asspull. But is it really so hard to believe that an unknown race alien became that powerful after training with the beast that is Frieza? This is DBZ we're talking about, after all. Piccolo went from a "weakling" to stronger than Frieza's second form from fusing with Nail. Goku went from barely able to fight Vegeta on Earth to more powerful than Ginyu in a very short time span, and then from that to strong enough to not get disintegrated by Frieza's fourth form just from healing from that fight's wounds. Even the humans grew a lot in power in short time spans, even if not as much as the saiyans.

I don't think it's such a huge stretch that in a world where there's a race with something like the saiyan's Zenkai, that there'd be aliens with as much potential as Tagoma. Apparently even Shisami was pretty powerful. Shame he got backstabbed before Gohan could actually do something.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Goku can go from maybe 15k after fighting Vegeta, to 180k fighting Ginyu by training intensely for a week (It took Goku like 6 or 7 days to get to Namek). Togama can get stronger by fighting Frieza for 4 months straight until he almost died, ever single day, while Frieza was getting stronger too.

But did they do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10 km runs every day?

i still say they should revive nappa and raditz and make them good guys.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But did they do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats and 10 km runs every day?
    I swear to god... if we get a Frieza/Togama training flashback and that is what they are doing... I WILL BE SO FREAKIN HAPPY

BTW I think that fusion is only additive. Because if it was multiplicative, Kibito Kai would have been a lot more powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

btw

here you guys go

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i still say they should revive nappa and raditz and make them good guys.
    I've wanted this forever, just so we can have some other Saiyans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I've wanted this forever, just so we can have some other Saiyans.
    Eh I like how they are going to handle the new tournament. I didnt like GT's saiyan overload

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    If Goku can go from maybe 15k after fighting Vegeta, to 180k fighting Ginyu by training intensely for a week (It took Goku like 6 or 7 days to get to Namek). Togama can get stronger by fighting Frieza for 4 months straight until he almost died, ever single day, while Frieza was getting stronger too.
    Goku was higher than 15k during bursts against Vegeta, but he got stronger due to a Saiyan trait of getting much stronger after every fight, especially if ending in near death. After the Vegeta fight Goku was ruined, so he was naturally much stronger when he finally recovered, he got ruined again when his machine got stuck on 100x gravity, after Senzu bean restoration he then continued to train at 100x gravity until it he again recovered via senzu bean, all focussing in on the Saiyan specific ability to get stronger after a fight, much stronger if recovering near close to death.

Then he got ruined again due to being stupid and fooled by Ginyu, having his body smashed up by Krillen/Gohan/Vegita and he once again recovered from being ruined to increase his power once again exponentially.. Gohan and Vegeta also both powered up multiple times like this during the Frieza saga, it was a "Saiyan" specific theme of the whole thing and so you can't just apply that to other characters, only Saiyans have ever shown this trait in the whole of DBZ until now. Not to mention the fact that for him (new guy, Frieza training partner) to be so strong his beatings and healings would ultimately mean that he is far stronger than Frieza was when they started their training, and Frieza was maybe a thousand times or more stronger than him at that point. All of the Z-Fighters were stronger than him to begin with, none of them share the Saiyan trait of getting exponentially stronger after recovering from near death.

Look at the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, they effectively spent years training in there and didn't see anywhere near the level of progress that this dude has seen by being beaten up by Frieza, even Gohan didn't see that kind of progress.

About Gohan, it's 6 years between him going SS2 against Cell and Majin Buu but Gohan even though he is weaker because he spent his time studying instead of training is still extremely strong and still able to comfortably go SS2 at will. Vegeta and Goku have surpassed him during this time but after only days of training with a sword he could barely lift Gohan has sharpened his skills and is stronger than ever, soon after Elder Supreme Kai powers Gohan up to once again be the strongest Saiyan.

Which is why I don't understand why after less than 1 year between him being the strongest of all and Frieza ressurection Gohan is now seemingly weaker than he was when he faced Cell. I don't understand why they had to go down the same road as DBGT in terms of writing Gohan into a useless weakling has been with a few cameos.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-10 at 04:16 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember I only spoke of Goku from vegeta to Namek. He went from 9001 to 180k. then in less than an hour went from 180k to a few mill, and then got up to 150 mill with super saiyan

So lets see
    in a week
    Goku went from post vegeta battle strength, to 150 million.

Goku in the time chamber was holding back a lot to let Gohan get stronger.

Togama in a short time of being beaten to near death every single day gets super strong. I can buy it.

Eh I like how they are going to handle the new tournament. I didnt like GT's saiyan overload
    What Saiyan overload?

In GT there was Goku and nothing or no-one else...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    What Saiyan overload?

In GT there was Goku and nothing or no-one else...
    To be fair, most of the supporting cast was saiyan. Pan and Trunks spent most of the series with Goku. Heck, one of the major villains spent most of his time on Earth hopping between saiyan bodies.

That is definitely a point, although all characters took a back seat to Goku, even when they were Saiyans. Still can't believe they didn't even use Gotenks. I think it would be neat to see Raditz and Nappa, but then again if they could resurrect them they could just do the rest of the race if they wanted to fully save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    To be fair, most of the supporting cast was saiyan. Pan and Trunks spent most of the series with Goku. Heck, one of the major villains spent most of his time on Earth hopping between saiyan bodies.
    To be fair Pan and Trunks barely did anything, and hardly that. You would think Pan would have gone Super Saiyan, considering Goten and Trunks did it even younger. While they are Saiyans it isn't much overload if the most they do is yell "Grandpa!" or be useless.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2015-12-10 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That is definitely a point, although all characters took a back seat to Goku, even when they were Saiyans. Still can't believe they didn't even use Gotenks. I think it would be neat to see Raditz and Nappa, but then again if they could resurrect them they could just do the rest of the race if they wanted to fully save it.

To be fair Pan and Trunks barely did anything, and hardly that. You would think Pan would have gone Super Saiyan, considering Goten and Trunks did it even younger. While they are Saiyans it isn't much overload if the most they do is yell "Grandpa!" or be useless.
    Pan is only 1/4 Saiyan so you cant expect her to be on the same level as Trunks an Goten, especially with those 2 training the way they did.

if people in the far future can go super saiyan so can pan
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Pan is only 1/4 Saiyan so you cant expect her to be on the same level as Trunks an Goten, especially with those 2 training the way they did.
    And at the end of GT we had two kids that were probably 1/16 to 1/32 Saiyan and could go Super Saiyan by the time they were like 8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Goku was higher than 15k during bursts against Vegeta, but he got stronger due to a Saiyan trait of getting much stronger after every fight, especially if ending in near death. After the Vegeta fight Goku was ruined, so he was naturally much stronger when he finally recovered, he got ruined again when his machine got stuck on 100x gravity, after Senzu bean restoration he then continued to train at 100x gravity until it he again recovered via senzu bean, all focussing in on the Saiyan specific ability to get stronger after a fight, much stronger if recovering near close to death.

Then he got ruined again due to being stupid and fooled by Ginyu, having his body smashed up by Krillen/Gohan/Vegita and he once again recovered from being ruined to increase his power once again exponentially.. Gohan and Vegeta also both powered up multiple times like this during the Frieza saga, it was a "Saiyan" specific theme of the whole thing and so you can't just apply that to other characters, only Saiyans have ever shown this trait in the whole of DBZ until now. Not to mention the fact that for him (new guy, Frieza training partner) to be so strong his beatings and healings would ultimately mean that he is far stronger than Frieza was when they started their training, and Frieza was maybe a thousand times or more stronger than him at that point. All of the Z-Fighters were stronger than him to begin with, none of them share the Saiyan trait of getting exponentially stronger after recovering from near death.

Look at the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, they effectively spent years training in there and didn't see anywhere near the level of progress that this dude has seen by being beaten up by Frieza, even Gohan didn't see that kind of progress.

About Gohan, it's 6 years between him going SS2 against Cell and Majin Buu but Gohan even though he is weaker because he spent his time studying instead of training is still extremely strong and still able to comfortably go SS2 at will. Vegeta and Goku have surpassed him during this time but after only days of training with a sword he could barely lift Gohan has sharpened his skills and is stronger than ever, soon after Elder Supreme Kai powers Gohan up to once again be the strongest Saiyan.

Which is why I don't understand why after less than 1 year between him being the strongest of all and Frieza ressurection Gohan is now seemingly weaker than he was when he faced Cell. I don't understand why they had to go down the same road as DBGT in terms of writing Gohan into a useless weakling has been with a few cameos.
    Honestly...this feels a lot like a rehash of GT...a big F-U to GT.

Both have a special saiyan form that likely only Goku and Vegeta will achieve...
    Both are going to be chasing after special dragon balls
    Both have Gohan and pretty much all of the Z fighters being heavily inferior to Goku and Vegeta

Sure stories and characters are different...but seems like a bunch of elements taken from GT.