10+ Year Old Account
    the dragon ball AF that features lord Ize is Young Jijii

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...18841741518297

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    super saiyan god and the blue one are pure shit. just like the rest of super.
    looking for hater pipipiipipipipipipipipipi hater found pipipiipipipipiipipipipi

Quote Originally Posted by GokuSSG View Post
    looking for hater pipipiipipipipipipipipipi hater found pipipiipipipipiipipipipi
    What do you expect when you have this?

The animation is embaressingly bad at times.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, they're fixing the awful animation in the blu-ray version. At least it's something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

forms are fun and exciting. its part of what makes things like pokemon and digimon so fun.

personally id rather more coo;l one off forms instead of escalating power.

say, different forms to suit different villains. maybe each universe has a form he can attain which works well against the villains there but is mediocre in our universe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    LOL Don't for a second think DB/Z/GT has had the most amazing art/animation on a consistent basis. It hasn't even had the most consistent art style. Each series is just as inconsistent as the other.
    DB/DBZ had fantastic animation, it progressed through time of course but it was always really good. This is amateur quality in DBS, it's completely embaressing at times, at least the originals had a consistent quality about them, a quality that generally only got better with time. In DBS they completely changed how all the characters looked (talk about weight loss and anti-aging cream), but that's not really the issue.. The issue is how poorly animated a lot of it is, it's cringeworthy at times.

Until DBS I'd never even thought about animation quality in anime, it's something I picked up on from DBS.

Take this fan redraw, on the left we have DBS and on the right we have a fan redraw.. Fan redraw looks like DBZ Buu era, DBS looks like shit. I only wish this was one of the bad examples, if anything the DBS frame here is not among the poor animation in DBS, relatively speaking.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-01-07 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    What do you expect when you have this?

The animation is embaressingly bad at times.
    they are fixing the animation for DVD release.so you are basically watching Dragon Ball series because of animation???episode 12 and 13 had better animation than DBZ.now,it would be better if it's consistent.

they are fixing the animation for DVD release.so you are basically watching Dragon Ball series because of animation???episode 12 and 13 had better animation than DBZ.now,it would be better if it's consistent.
    None of the DBS episodes so far have had animation that is as good as DBZ, only the movies that were released. DBS are not only inconsistent but the bad is really bad, while the good is still not that good.

DB/DBZ had fantastic animation, it progressed through time of course but it was always really good. This is amateur quality in DBS, it's completely embaressing at times, at least the originals had a consistent quality about them, a quality that generally only got better with time. In DBS they completely changed how all the characters looked (talk about weight loss and anti-aging cream), but that's not really the issue.. The issue is how poorly animated a lot of it is, it's cringeworthy at times.

Until DBS I'd never even thought about animation quality in anime, it's something I picked up on from DBS.

Take this fan redraw, on the left we have DBS and on the right we have a fan redraw.. Fan redraw looks like DBZ Buu era, DBS looks like shit. I only wish this was one of the bad examples, if anything the DBS frame here is not among the poor animation in DBS, relatively speaking.
    Drawing that fan redraw propably took ten times as long as the actual animation frame.

The schedules and deadlines in modern anime business are ridicilous, and Toei has fallen far from it's grace. Every studio is not like KoyAni, which just can do it's thing without worrying about deadlines or Madhouse which somehow has accumulated ridicilous amounts of mad talent into it.

Does anyone have stills from DBZ showing crappy animation?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

SOrry for the image dump

oh and I wont like this 1 as this post is large enough, but this 1 was a freakin movie with a higher budget
    http://i.imgur.com/7WSfTCS.png

Deleted
    None of the DBS episodes so far have had animation that is as good as DBZ, only the movies that were released. DBS are not only inconsistent but the bad is really bad, while the good is still not that good.
    maybe you didn't pay attention much.sure,it's not perfect but episode 12 and 13 were the best.sure,it has one flaw here and there but overall it was the best.DBZ also had flaws.when DBS is at it's best then it is better than DBZ.DBZ is better because they don't have flaws while DBS has many.

So something bugs me about the timeline between DBZ-Super, I see lots of talk about Battle of Gods being 4 years after the death of Buu, so that it somehow ties into the ending of DBZ.. But in Super they specifically say that it has been 6 months, Gohan/Videl are married, Videl is pregnant with Pan already and Goten/Trunks are still visibily young children no different from when fighting Buu, even in the latest episodes that is still the case.

So there is a clear conflict, it seems that they are just retconning the end of DBZ (which is fine by me, since it's a pretty terrible ending). If I check the wiki page timeline though they are going with the original DBZ timeline and slotting Super in based on the original DBZ ending, rather than what is actually stated and shown in Super.

Confusing.

maybe you didn't pay attention much.sure,it's not perfect but episode 12 and 13 were the best.sure,it has one flaw here and there but overall it was the best.DBZ also had flaws.when DBS is at it's best then it is better than DBZ.DBZ is better because they don't have flaws while DBS has many.
    You've named 2 episodes out of 24 that have decent animation, that there says more to support my annoyance of the shit animation than to defend it. In DBZ I never noticed flaws because the overall quality was very consistent, in DBS there are so many and it gets so bad at times that you can't help but notice it, very big difference. Anyway I guess this discussion is pretty irrelevant, if you can see past it and enjoy it then more power to you.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-01-08 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Nope. Even DB was better than DBZ in terms of consistency. Especially when it came to art. I agree that every character looks somehow younger but that is just the style TOEI wants to use for DB stuff now. Not a major issue. But DBZ never had consistent art or even animation. You're crazy if you think they did. Especially when you look at how many artists actually worked on DBZ and how different their art was.

- - - Updated - - -

Super effectively retcons both new movies to fit with Super.
    Regarding animation - I meant consistently quality, not consistent styling. Though those stylings are not so far apart that it would break the experience and the quality is always there. DBS has so many occasions of really really rough and wonky looking animation that it starts to feel like a joke. I think Vegeta is the character with the biggest swing in animation styling during DBZ, from early on.. But the quality of the animation as a whole was always fantastic and consistently fantastic with very few blips.

Regarding Super (Story) - I wasn't talking about the movies compared to the series, but instead the end of the DBZ anime and the DBS (or 2 new movies).. The end of DBZ jumps to 10 years in the future where Pan is 4 years old and where Goku leaves to train a young Uub... However in DBS Pan would have been born less than 2 years after Buu died.

So the age of Trunks + Goten in Super, the timeline of Gohan/Videl getting married and Videl getting pregnant all conflict with how it happens at the end of DBZ.

Deleted
    So something bugs me about the timeline between DBZ-Super, I see lots of talk about Battle of Gods being 4 years after the death of Buu, so that it somehow ties into the ending of DBZ.. But in Super they specifically say that it has been 6 months, Gohan/Videl are married, Videl is pregnant with Pan already and Goten/Trunks are still visibily young children no different from when fighting Buu, even in the latest episodes that is still the case.

So there is a clear conflict, it seems that they are just retconning the end of DBZ (which is fine by me, since it's a pretty terrible ending). If I check the wiki page timeline though they are going with the original DBZ timeline and slotting Super in based on the original DBZ ending, rather than what is actually stated and shown in Super.

Confusing.

You've named 2 episodes out of 24 that have decent animation, that there says more to support my annoyance of the shit animation than to defend it. In DBZ I never noticed flaws because the overall quality was very consistent, in DBS there are so many and it gets so bad at times that you can't help but notice it, very big difference. Anyway I guess this discussion is pretty irrelevant, if you can see past it and enjoy it then more power to you.
    I think he is talking about that if DBS is consitent as episode 12 and 13 then it would be better than DBZ.to answer your question,DBZ happened like 20 years ago end.in that time,Uub was the last part of it and no one thought that there will be another series.then came 2013 and BoG movie which is 4 years after Majin Buu defeat.then came RoF.after RoF,they decided to do the series and with that they changed the timeline that DBS takes place after 6-8 months.it is basically a retcon.
    Last edited by mmoc0fb7ce36e2; 2016-01-08 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaProudmoore View Post
    I think he is talking about that if DBS is consitent as episode 12 and 13 then it would be better than DBZ.to answer your question,DBZ happened like 20 years ago end.in that time,Uub was the last part of it and no one thought that there will be another series.then came 2013 and BoG movie which is 4 years after Majin Buu defeat.then came RoF.after RoF,they decided to do the series and with that they changed the timeline that DBS takes place after 6-8 months.it is basically a retcon.
    Problem with the BOG movie is that nothing makes sense, Goten and Trunks have not aged a day since Buu and Dende looks like he has actually been re-incarnated as his child self from Namek, looking easily 7 years younger. On the other hand in DBS Bulma looks a lot younger than she does in the BOG movie, due to the animation style, while Videl in both BOG and DBS is looking about 14 years old and like shes never thrown a punch in her life, after previously looking like an athletic tomboyish fighter girl in her late teens/early 20s.

Goten and Trunks not ageing seems to make it impossible for it to be 4 years later, but then even more impossible is dende re-discovering his childhood so I guess why the hell not. I can't remember if there is a timeline suggested/spoken in BOG movie but there definitely is in the DBS series and after all it is following the exact same story, just with more filler and a few tweaks.

This whole Super Saiyan God thing makes the end of DBZ pointless anyway, it was extremely poor writing to begin with to suggest that Goku is going to leave his family for years (guy can travel at light speed, but needs to move out?) to go and train a re-incarnation of a fighter he has already defeated, not to mention that Gohan was even stronger than Goku at that point, and stronger than Buu. Now everyone relevant has god powers and Buu/Uub is not even a spec on their radar.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-01-08 at 03:34 PM.

Problem with the BOG movie is that nothing makes sense, Goten and Trunks have not aged a day since Buu and Dende looks like he has actually been re-incarnated as his child self from Namek, looking easily 7 years younger. On the other hand in DBS Bulma looks a lot younger than she does in the BOG movie, due to the animation style, while Videl in both BOG and DBS is looking about 14 years old and like shes never thrown a punch in her life, after previously looking like an athletic tomboyish fighter girl in her late teens/early 20s.

Goten and Trunks not ageing seems to make it impossible for it to be 4 years later, but then even more impossible is dende re-discovering his childhood so I guess why the hell not. I can't remember if there is a timeline suggested/spoken in BOG movie but there definitely is in the DBS series and after all it is following the exact same story, just with more filler and a few tweaks.

This whole Super Saiyan God thing makes the end of DBZ pointless anyway, it was extremely poor writing to begin with to suggest that Goku is going to leave his family for years (guy can travel at light speed, but needs to move out?) to go and train a re-incarnation of a fighter he has already defeated, not to mention that Gohan was even stronger than Goku at that point, and stronger than Buu. Now everyone relevant has god powers and Buu/Uub is not even a spec on their radar.
    Maybe Dende died and threw up an egg and that is Dende Jr.! I don't understand the time skip either. Gohan and Videl are married so I presume this is after they have finished high school right? Gohan just started there in DBZ so it must be like 3-4 years later.

Deleted
    So when they thought Goku died, Yamcha asked King Kai if there wasn't anything he could do, to which King Kai responded'' Im sorry, but that part of the galexy isn't in my juristiction.'' ( or something like that). So which kai did rule over that section?

Deleted

Gohan was not really stronger than Goku during Buu saga.it was said by Vegeta in Super that right after they killed Buu,Goku became the undisputed number one in the Universe.anyway,this is irrelevant.this is all just a retcon which I gladly accept.BoG was good and bad while Super is filling the plot holes.
    Last edited by mmoc0fb7ce36e2; 2016-01-09 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaProudmoore View Post
    Gohan was not really stronger than Goku during Buu saga.it was said by Vegeta in Super that right after they killed Buu,Goku became the undisputed number one in the Universe.anyway,this is irrelevant.this is all just a retcon which I gladly accept.BoG was good and bad while Super is filling the plot holes.
    Of course Gohan was stronger, Goku wasn't even sure he could beat fat Buu, was impressed with how strong Gotenks was and commented how even he was not at that level, while Gotenks was fighting super Buu, then Gohan powers up and makes super Buu look like a weakling.. Then while inside Super Buu, Goku mentions that they can't just leave because even without the power of Gohan and the others in his fused self Buu is still stronger than both Vegeta and Goku and they would still lose... They are talking about the same Buu that Gotenks was equal with and Gohan was far superior to.

Every single thing about the whole story here including out of the horses mouth on multiple occasions shows that Gohan was the strongest character and suggests that Gotenks was also stronger than Goku.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-01-09 at 05:29 AM.