1. #1021
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    1,407
    I know it specifies Z but i have to start from beginning.

    Dragon Ball saga Favourite chars and why:

    Son Goku from start to end and not because he is destine to be the ssj4 but thanks to his polite, fun and innocent behavior that gives me a good laugh at everytime i watch at him.

    Muten the old perv yes, he can be a real perv most of the time but when the needs call he doesnt back off. Full power kamehameha is just fabulous done by him. And he too is funny.

    Karin for .. everything ?

    The other chars go equally with each other but wont match those 3 for me.

    DBZ :

    Goku , even if slightly less than in the original saga, i like his power ups, training styles, fighting techs and... POTARA FTW.

    Vegeta is the anti hero yeah but his being stubborn gives him an odd fashion not to mention his forever behaviour of the -Prince of the Saya jins- and... POTARA FTW.

    Trunks from future has his past as background and gives him a good lore and look if you check his motivations.. and he is not as whimpy as the actual trunks.

    Gohan vs Cell .. you'd ask me why not just Gohan ? Because Gohan vs cell is 1 thing and gohan before and after cell are different things. Gohan Ssj2 Kamehameha plus Goku its just wonderful, makes me sad that im not gay during those times.

    Fat Boo .. well he is funny as hell isnt he ?

    DB GT :

    Goku again but less , if it wasnt for Baby's fight i wouldnt even put him here actually since he is totally annoying before that. During the fight with super c17 he does few mistakes like charging him with a kamehameha x10 but he makes up for it later so i forgive him. And against Shenlong ... Gogeta's Big Bang Kamehameha says all.

    I'd say Vegeta here too but his role is too little apart from giving Baby a body and the fusion with Goku.

    Favourite times in all DBs ?

    Second tournament Goku's takes part in. DB 1

    Cell's Game. DBZ

    Shenlong's fight. DBGT

  2. #1022


    Oh god, why ......... such blasphemy ........

  3. #1023
    Haha.. how he said saiyan at the end of that Kinect video...
    @Justforthis I'm not sure who Karin is, but it seems you are using some of the japanese words and I watched the english >.< (Muten = Master Roshi?)
    also yes, Fat Buu was hilarious!

  4. #1024
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Haha.. how he said saiyan at the end of that Kinect video...
    @Justforthis I'm not sure who Karin is, but it seems you are using some of the japanese words and I watched the english >.< (Muten = Master Roshi?)
    also yes, Fat Buu was hilarious!
    Yeah, in japanese version it's Muten Roshi. I've watched only the japanese version with english subs.

    And as I was writing that I don't know who Karin is it hit me ........ Karin Tower! The man-cat hermit called Karin on top of the Karin Tower!

    EDIT: aka this guy:
    Last edited by rad586; 2012-04-17 at 09:05 PM.

  5. #1025
    been looking for some new shoes lately and came across these

    http://www.suprainn.com/supra-vaider...low-white.html

    namek armor ftw

  6. #1026
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,128
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Yeah, in japanese version it's Muten Roshi. I've watched only the japanese version with english subs.

    And as I was writing that I don't know who Karin is it hit me ........ Karin Tower! The man-cat hermit called Karin on top of the Karin Tower!

    EDIT: aka this guy:
    [img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KnBPzWPAxq4/TjNhgVy4qoI/AAAAAAAABCk/2a-pIMgrH-I/s1600/db61-16.jpg[img]
    His name was Korin.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  7. #1027
    Something funny I came across whilst browsing youtube (describing Majin Buu's transformations):

    When anorexic people eat fat people, they become muscular people, and when those muscular people un-eat the fat people they become even more muscular people before becoming children. protercool

  8. #1028
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    btw super buu in dbz multiverse is awesome. he is no longer a being of pure evil and choas since he absored everything in his universe, he absored scientists philosphers, artists, so basically he is super god
    So it seems, but don't forget Bardock's vision of Zen Buu yelling "This masquerade ends now!"
    http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-419.html

  9. #1029
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,708
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post


    Oh god, why ......... such blasphemy ........
    "Become a Super Sy-in"

    I literally facepalmed when I heard that. They keep pumping out the DBZ games, yet they've all been terrible since the PS2 days. *sigh*

  10. #1030
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    With the Kinect, they don't even show any other fight then with Frieza. I wonder if he is the only available person to even fight lol.

    Kinect games are sooo bad. Motion senors with games just don't work out well for the most part. For concepts like a DBZ fighting game the technology just isn't there yet to make it feel realistic and fun. With a controller in a fighting game, when your character gets hit, you feel it with the rumble and it's like you got hit almost because you see your character feel the consequences immediately and they were the result of your bad controls. But with the Kinect there is just some disconnect between you and the character your playing I find, in any game. The tech just isn't out their yet to make it flow and feel right.

    I feel like I'm some random dude doing motion stuff on the Kinect and the game happens in the meantime. I don't actually feel immersed into the game and that I'm one with whoever I'm playing. My bro owns a Kinect so I've messed around with it on a few occasions. The only game I actually like it for is ME3, because it's just voice commands for your squad so it actually works for the immersion factor. It's actually really good for fitness games too I should mention. That's because I actually feel my body crumbling because some of it can be pretty intense lol.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-18 at 02:17 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  11. #1031
    The Kinect game looks horrible yes, but I like the potential that systems like this have, especially with franchises such as Dragonball. Looking to the future, if they improve on the movement sensor technology and (especially) somehow include the advent of the Google Glasses, I might not end up dying a fat slob. Also, another thing about the future (but probably won't happen) just imagine if a game like this accidentally unlocked some human control of "Ki". How awesome and deadly and government controlled would that be?! Fuck yea!

  12. #1032
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Also, another thing about the future (but probably won't happen) just imagine if a game like this accidentally unlocked some human control of "Ki". How awesome and deadly and government controlled would that be?! Fuck yea!
    Could you imagine how many people would accidentally destroy their TVs with Kamehamehas?

  13. #1033
    High Overlord Ðemonhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Could you imagine how many people would accidentally destroy their TVs with Kamehamehas?
    over 9000?

    Also hooked up my PS2 with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 again <3 I like playing as NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL or Future Gohan

  14. #1034
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    over 9000?

    Also hooked up my PS2 with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 again <3 I like playing as NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL or Future Gohan
    I did the same thing last week and foolishly thought I still had the skills I used to and set it to hard. Raditz and then Nappa were destroying me lol. Not an easy game by any means.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 01:15 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Could you imagine how many people would accidentally destroy their TVs with Kamehamehas?
    Fair trade imo. Kamehameha waves are way more fun anyway.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  15. #1035
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,128
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    The Kinect game looks horrible yes, but I like the potential that systems like this have, especially with franchises such as Dragonball. Looking to the future, if they improve on the movement sensor technology and (especially) somehow include the advent of the Google Glasses, I might not end up dying a fat slob. Also, another thing about the future (but probably won't happen) just imagine if a game like this accidentally unlocked some human control of "Ki". How awesome and deadly and government controlled would that be?! Fuck yea!
    Your sig is 1.5x too high. Max height is 100px, yours is 150px.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  16. #1036
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Fair trade imo. Kamehameha waves are way more fun anyway.
    Hold up an electronic store for a new TV once you've mastered the Kamehameha wave.

    "Give me a new TV, or I'll blow you out of the atmosphere! KA... ME..."
    "What the hell? What's the glow in your hands?"
    "HA... ME..."
    "Let me talk to the manager."
    "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

  17. #1037
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,636
    Here's something I've pondered maybe some people can answer.

    What on Earth makes the Z fighters and the villains there so special? What I mean by this is that the fighters trained on Earth are capable of hiding their true power levels and raising them at will when the need arises. This is something everyone on Earth takes for granted that we do not even notice in Dragonball up until the arrival of Raditz in DBZ. Vegeta and Nappa made it much more clear though, as did Frieza and the Ginyu force. Which was a force of the strongest fighters in the known galaxy. None of them had the power except Ginyu, but we don't even know Ginyu's original species for sure.

    After going through an absolute war on Earth, Vegeta then gains this ability and is the only villain who does not have the ability at first who does. Is it because he was battling on Earth? Or was it because he is a cunning warrior and learned it from the fighters? Or was it both? Cell and Buu and the androids were created or were on Earth for a very long period of time and had that ability from the beginning anyway. The other villains of the galaxy do not have this power and Captain Ginyu refers to it as a "rare and coveted power" during the Namek saga.

    Then there are the Nameks, the only other race of people we see with this power.

    So I ask again, what about Earth allows the fighters to have this power? Is it earth itself? Or something else influencing it. Did Kami maybe(A Namek) hand down his techniques to various masters on Earth when he became Guardian, and over the years it has spread everywhere. Is that why the people on Earth have this power, because it all stems back to Earth learning it from the Namekians?

    Anyone got any answers? I haven't watched dragonball in years or all of DB:GT so I maybe missing something.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-18 at 06:17 AM. Reason: grammer
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  18. #1038
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Here's something I've pondered maybe some people can answer.

    What on Earth makes the Z fighters and the villains there so special? What I mean by this is that the fighters trained on Earth are capable of hiding their true power levels and raising them at will when the need arises. This is something everyone on Earth takes for granted that we do not even notice in Dragonball up until the arrival of Raditz in DBZ. Vegeta and Nappa made it much more clear though, as did Frieza and the Ginyu force. Which was a force of the strongest fighters in the known galaxy. None of them had the power except Ginyu, but we don't even know Ginyu's original species for sure.

    After going through an absolute war on Earth, Vegeta then gains this ability and is the only villain who does not have the ability at first who does. IS it because he was battling on Earth? Or was it because he is a cunning warrior and learned it from the fighters? Or was it both? Cell and Buu and the androids were created or were on Earth for a very long period of time and had that ability from the beginning anyway. The other villains of the galaxy do not have this power and Captain Ginyu refers to it as a "rare and coveted power" during the Namek saga.

    Then there are the Namek's the only other race of people we see with this power.

    So I ask again, what about Earth allows the fighters to have this power? Is it earth itself? Or something else influencing it. Did Kami maybe(A Namek) hand down his techniques to various masters on Earth when he became Guardian, and over the years it has spread everywhere. Is that why the people on Earth have this power, because it all stems back to Earth learning it from the Namekians?

    Anyone got any answers?
    It's nothing special about Earth. Vegeta likely picked up the technique just because he's a brilliant warrior and martial artist.

    I think it mainly comes down to a difference in philosophy. To beings like the Ginyu Force, energy manipulation is just about killing. It's also not something they learn. It's instinctual for them. Even for Saiyans, energy manipulation is taught and learned, not inherited like it is for many powerful aliens.

    The reason the Z warriors can all sense and raise/lower energy is because they're all students of Master Roshi or Master Shen in the case of Tien and Chiaotzu. Those techniques were originally invented by their master, Mutaito. Mutaito's style wasn't just about brute force, and using energy like a cudgel. He invented many ki based techniques that had uses other than just killing, such as the Evil Containment Wave.

    The only one that's not indirectly a student of Mutaito is Piccolo, and well, he's a Namekian.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  19. #1039
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    "Become a Super Sy-in"

    I literally facepalmed when I heard that. They keep pumping out the DBZ games, yet they've all been terrible since the PS2 days. *sigh*
    A Kinect is nowhere near enough for a DBZ game. They need something to tell how loud and long you're screaming for when you're powering up.

  20. #1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Your sig is 1.5x too high. Max height is 100px, yours is 150px.
    Was afraid of that. I couldn't crop it to the allowed size and still have the same effect of the image. Guess I'll use this one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •