Page 6 of 413 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
56
106
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post
    Starting at what point?
    From the point of the OVA, Episode of Bardock. Not to be confused with the TV special, Bardock: The Father of Goku. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up on youtube, though it's subtitles only.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  2. #102
    Bloodsail Admiral Tesk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Squiggley Line In Your Eye
    Posts
    1,091
    I Love Dragonball Z so damn much.

    That is all.
    And Already The World Looks A Little Less Bright.....

  3. #103
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    I Love Dragonball Z so damn much.

    That is all.
    No more needs to be said.

  4. #104
    High Overlord demopolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    From the point of the OVA, Episode of Bardock. Not to be confused with the TV special, Bardock: The Father of Goku. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up on youtube, though it's subtitles only.
    Idk I think it might be better if it were to start before Raditz is born and continue to that point imo.

  5. #105
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    53

    Smile

    Loved all the db series, even though GT wasn't as good as its predecessors I founds it still provided some dark moments like with baby. my favourite saga of all db's was freezas i think , also cooler was pretty cool always play as him or cell on budokai and tenkaichi.

  6. #106
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post
    Starting at what point?

    episode of bardock

    also you cannot deny that the fight with freiza, (even with just goku v freiza) was the most dramatic and dynamic of all of his fights.*

    cell was pretty down to earth, and buu was a lot less dramatic*

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    So, what are the odds Future Trunks is probably dead now because of the Buu in his timeline?
    Well, if Trunks is smart he would contact New Namek and wish everyone on Earth back to life. Then they could train and secure that timeline as well. Problem solved.

  8. #108
    Fluffy Kitten Baiyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Blighty
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by demopolis View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    From the point of the OVA, Episode of Bardock. Not to be confused with the TV special, Bardock: The Father of Goku. If you haven't seen it, you should look it up on youtube, though it's subtitles only.
    Waaah?!

    *watches it (looking past Goku/Bardock's terrible Japanese voice)*

    Mind....blown! Awesome. So, Bardock is actually the one who starts the legend of the Super Saiyan (among Freiza's ancestors) which got Freiza so xenophobic to the point of attempting to annihilate the entire species. Oh, the bitter ironies of paradoxical time-loops... (He's probably his own great, great, great grand-father or something too!)
    Last edited by Baiyn; 2012-03-08 at 05:24 AM.

  9. #109
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    If that's his sister, why did he emphasize her tits so much... /abitcreepedout

    Anyway, I just finished watching GT today, and that ending made me laugh. INC spoilers. He finishes his fight with Omega Shenron, then just climbs on the back of Shenron, says "Bye everyone" and is gone forever to train. No words of explanation or anything to his wife/kids. I have no idea why Chi Chi is still married to him considering he pulls shit like this all the time...
    Two things:

    I thought the reason he left is because he basically became a god, or at least the gods didn't want him becoming stronger than them. I didn't watch the end of GT (I gave up around the time he started fighting the different dragons), but I recall that being somewhere.

    On the topic of Chi Chi, don't Saiyans live a lot longer than humans? If so, she's probably aware of it. That must suck.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  10. #110
    you know what I never understood? How did trunks and goten become super sayains so easily? If you really look at it, Future Trunks being a super sayain was miracle enough given he had lost his master, all his friends, and his entire life was the product of the Android's destroying earth. So, after the defeat of Cell, somehow both boys managed to become super sayains (literally the greatest legendary killing machine of a great warrior race) before they learned to fly (well gotenks atleast, we dont know whether or not trunks learned to fly first or not)???????????????????????????????????????? Just doesn't make sense. That's literally the only complaint i see in the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

  11. #111
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,011
    I always thought it was just a matter of reaching a certain power level, then triggering some huge emotion. For Future Trunks, that had to be cake, seeing all your friends dead at the hands of the androids. The kids....yeah, I can't see that either. It's like the entire universe's power levels just started inflating way too far, to the point where babies were super strong. I don't get it. It's kind of like the stat inflation in WoW

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  12. #112
    I loved the whole DBZ series even tho many of the characters became obsolete and each episode only advanced the plot by a milimeter. I went back at one point and found them on some website and was able to play them all back to back. It was almost like watching a movie.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanmoto View Post
    Defo think the Cell saga is my favourite, how ever Goku's first transformation against freiza was so damn epic
    by far,,, i remember seeing it on its first american showing,,, and still remember the hair standing on my neck
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

  14. #114
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Two things:

    I thought the reason he left is because he basically became a god, or at least the gods didn't want him becoming stronger than them. I didn't watch the end of GT (I gave up around the time he started fighting the different dragons), but I recall that being somewhere.

    On the topic of Chi Chi, don't Saiyans live a lot longer than humans? If so, she's probably aware of it. That must suck.
    Yeah I've heard people say that Goku became a God before, but I don't see how that could be unless it's stated somewhere outside of the anime. Goku, even as a Super Saiyan 4, was not nearly as strong as Omega Shenron when he maxed out his power, and Goku's abilities never stretched beyond that of a mortal. GT really ends as abruptly as I said it: Goku wins the fight, Shenron restores his body and revives all the Earthlings, then Shenron asks Goku if he's coming with him and he replies, "Yeah, see you everyone," and rides Shenron away. The only thing semi-excusable for an explanation that is given is when Gohan looks off and says, "He's leaving... to train."

    So... yeah if anyone has any evidence that he is indeed a God, I'd gladly hear it.

    Edit: On another note, as far as characters and action goes, the Android and Cell sagas were by far my favorites. I loved the whole time travel thing, and Cell was the ultimate badass: he looked cool, was extremely powerful, had a cool concept, and was very intelligent, which I enjoy in a villain. The Buu saga, however, had the best music imo. Just listening to these two make me want to rewatch DBZ even though I just finished my marathon today that I started with episode 1 of the Saiyan saga in late December:



    Last edited by Rageissues; 2012-03-08 at 07:00 AM.

  15. #115
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,993


    true story

    also*

    got to love the dbz villains they are awesome*

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Yeah I've heard people say that Goku became a God before, but I don't see how that could be unless it's stated somewhere outside of the anime. Goku, even as a Super Saiyan 4, was not nearly as strong as Omega Shenron when he maxed out his power, and Goku's abilities never stretched beyond that of a mortal. GT really ends as abruptly as I said it: Goku wins the fight, Shenron restores his body and revives all the Earthlings, then Shenron asks Goku if he's coming with him and he replies, "Yeah, see you everyone," and rides Shenron away. The only thing semi-excusable for an explanation that is given is when Gohan looks off and says, "He's leaving... to train."

    So... yeah if anyone has any evidence that he is indeed a God, I'd gladly hear it.

    Edit: On another note, as far as characters and action goes, the Android and Cell sagas were by far my favorites. I loved the whole time travel thing, and Cell was the ultimate badass: he looked cool, was extremely powerful, had a cool concept, and was very intelligent, which I enjoy in a villain. The Buu saga, however, had the best music imo. Just listening to these two make me want to rewatch DBZ even though I just finished my marathon today that I started with episode 1 of the Saiyan saga in late December:
    Three things for evidence.

    1. In the scene where Goku leaves with Shenron, he absorbs the Dragonballs.
    2. The final scene of GT is 100 years later, and it shows a middle aged Goku. Saiyans do not have an extended lifespan, and Goku should have been roughly 114 for the age of his body.
    3. In the TV special, A Hero's Legacy, Goku is shown to have some very interesting powers. He seems to be able to alter reality, as there were several characters that should have died, but were saved off screen by Goku and have no memory of the event. He also appears as an incorporeal being to Goku jr when he explains how the Dragonballs work to him.

    Also, it's just logical. You say Goku's power never went beyond that of a mortal, but that's not true. He surpassed Grand God King of the Worlds, the guy that created the universe, by the time he could fight even somewhat on par with Majin Buu. Goku's powers have also never been shown to cap out. Yes, Omega Shenron was stronger than him at the time, but there's nothing to indicate that Goku didn't get stronger after that. Omega Shenron also isn't a god, he's the collective negative energy of their frivolous use of the Dragonballs.

    In summary, a 100 million year old god is a bitch to Goku, and he's shown godlike powers and immortality, plus Dragonballs.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  17. #117
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,993
    so laur what do you think of the original piccolo/kami who created the black star dragonballs, the most powerful form of dragon balls, thats power could only be temporarily removed via the power of a ss4

    my guess is that the original piccolo/kami was amazingly powerful more so then piccolo jr/kami/naiiiiillll

    will respond tomorrow, sleepin now

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    so laur what do you think of the original piccolo/kami who created the black star dragonballs, the most powerful form of dragon balls, thats power could only be temporarily removed via the power of a ss4

    my guess is that the original piccolo/kami was amazingly powerful more so then piccolo jr/kami/naiiiiillll
    Highly possible, no way to know for sure.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  19. #119
    Banned Rageissues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, OR
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Three things for evidence.

    1. In the scene where Goku leaves with Shenron, he absorbs the Dragonballs.
    2. The final scene of GT is 100 years later, and it shows a middle aged Goku. Saiyans do not have an extended lifespan, and Goku should have been roughly 114 for the age of his body.
    3. In the TV special, A Hero's Legacy, Goku is shown to have some very interesting powers. He seems to be able to alter reality, as there were several characters that should have died, but were saved off screen by Goku and have no memory of the event. He also appears as an incorporeal being to Goku jr when he explains how the Dragonballs work to him.

    Also, it's just logical. You say Goku's power never went beyond that of a mortal, but that's not true. He surpassed Grand God King of the Worlds, the guy that created the universe, by the time he could fight even somewhat on par with Majin Buu. Goku's powers have also never been shown to cap out. Yes, Omega Shenron was stronger than him at the time, but there's nothing to indicate that Goku didn't get stronger after that. Omega Shenron also isn't a god, he's the collective negative energy of their frivolous use of the Dragonballs.

    In summary, a 100 million year old god is a bitch to Goku, and he's shown godlike powers and immortality, plus Dragonballs.
    But does that really suggest that he became a God? Sure he definitely became some sort of supernatural being post-shenron ride, with the dragon ball absorption (I had forgotten about that, thank you for reminding me) and the reappearing at the world tournament in the future, but his ability to die made him pretty standard... though super, mega-standard might be more accurate. When I mentioned his inferiority to Omega Shenron, I wasn't suggesting that Omega Shenron was a god and therefore Goku is weaker than the gods, but rather that Goku is only half as strong as an entity that was not a god, and therefore Goku is no threat to the actual gods, assuming that Omega Shenron wasn't stronger than them.

    So I guess my point is, it seems more like Goku ascended to some kind of guardian spirit of Earth, but I don't think it can be fairly said that he is powerful enough to destroy the creators of the universe when he couldn't even destroy a semi-mortal creature of his own creation without help.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    But does that really suggest that he became a God? Sure he definitely became some sort of supernatural being post-shenron ride, with the dragon ball absorption (I had forgotten about that, thank you for reminding me) and the reappearing at the world tournament in the future, but his ability to die made him pretty standard... though super, mega-standard might be more accurate. When I mentioned his inferiority to Omega Shenron, I wasn't suggesting that Omega Shenron was a god and therefore Goku is weaker than the gods, but rather that Goku is only half as strong as an entity that was not a god, and therefore Goku is no threat to the actual gods, assuming that Omega Shenron wasn't stronger than them.

    So I guess my point is, it seems more like Goku ascended to some kind of guardian spirit of Earth, but I don't think it can be fairly said that he is powerful enough to destroy the creators of the universe when he couldn't even destroy a semi-mortal creature of his own creation without help.
    Uh, you do know the creator of the universe is the Grand Supreme Kai right? You know, the guy that got chunked by Majin Buu? And I think this is a time where Occam's Razor applies perfectly. There are only 3 types of supernatural beings listed in the Daizenshuus, gods, demons, and dead people. And I suppose you can count genies as well, though Popo is the only one of his kind ever seen, and he may just be a different kind of demon. Goku's not dead, as he has no halo. And between demon and god, god seems more likely to me.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •