The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    that's because there is no arc yet like that.

there was Zamasu but that was another timeline.

everyone got revived in Z.

not to mention in Z, they said that you can revive everyone more than once.

while in DBS, Hakai permanently kills you.
    Yet acrroding to that picture above we know no ones dies z didn't have that and thus felt like there were real stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    There were real stakes in z at least look at the end of the cell saga going into buu goku stayed dead. Them resing him in the buu saga is fine for an end of series happy ending but now with super there are no stakes.
    Honestly is there ever any stakes?

Heroes will win, that's just hbow it goes. And even if there is a scenario presented where heroes have lost, that's not the end, it's a prediction/alt timeline/something else the heroes will start to work to fix.

Dragon Ball even has teh unique element that they have instant rset button available that even fixes death.

Yet acrroding to that picture above we know no ones dies z didn't have that and thus felt like there were real stakes.
    there were never stakes to begin with... not after the Frieza arc.

and you are running in circles.

in DBZ, no one died permanently.

in DBS, no one died permanently.

not yet anyway.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-08-28 at 05:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    there were never stakes to begin with... not after the Frieza arc.

and you are running in circles.

in DBZ, no one died permanently.

in DBS, no one died permanently.

not yet anyway.
    You don't seem to be picking up what I'm laying down. When dragon ball z was orginaly airing we didn't know it would end with no one dieing thus it felt like there were stakes even if there wasn't. While if they stick with that picture we know 100% no one will die which takes out even te illusion of stakes.

You don't seem to be picking up what I'm laying down. When dragon ball z was orginaly airing we didn't know it would end with no one dieing thus it felt like there were stakes even if there wasn't. While if they stick with that picture we know 100% no one will die which takes out even te illusion of stakes.
    but we don't know that lol.

DBS will go through DBZ ending but it won't end there.

there will be more arcs.

it will go further and the fact that they can permanently die now is a big stake indeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Honestly is there ever any stakes?

Heroes will win, that's just hbow it goes. And even if there is a scenario presented where heroes have lost, that's not the end, it's a prediction/alt timeline/something else the heroes will start to work to fix.

Dragon Ball even has teh unique element that they have instant rset button available that even fixes death.

It's possible to have stakes even if the heroes win in the end te Roshi episode would have been a good way to show that, if Roshi had died it woul have been of natural causes and they wouldn't be able to wish him back with te dragon balls that would show that people can die the same way the cell arch kept goku dead leading into the buu saga.

- - - Updated - - -

but we don't know that lol.

DBS will go through DBZ ending but it won't end there.

there will be more arcs.

it will go further and the fact that they can permanently die now is a big stake indeed.
    They could go past that picture or make it uncanon sure but the permanent death thing is hogwash there is no reason in the past they couldn't have just destroyed both sets of dragon balls if they wanted some one to stay dead.

They could go past that picture or make it uncanon sure but the permanent death thing is hogwash there is no reason in the past they couldn't have just destroyed both sets of dragon balls if they wanted some one to stay dead.
    they cannot get revived when they are Hakaied.

Android 16 died permanently :'(

Still gutted he was never resurrected to become one of the Z Fighters

7+ Year Old Account
    they cannot get revived when they are Hakaied.
    That doesn't mean it will happen to any one of note just as they didn't kill any one ib z thn just destory both sets of balls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post

That's a good point no one ever remembers 16.

SSJ4 isn't Canon, btw.

Both this new form, as well as the info we've been getting, kind of announces that, already.

SSJ4= The Max a Saiyan can get (Limited to GT only. GT is a side-story, not an exact continuation).

Super Saiyan God Forms= The Deity lvls of Super Saiyan, a million times Stronger than 4, and has the potential to easily rival/defeat a God Of Destruction. Though the exact Super Saiyan God transformation isn't yet capable of rivaling Beerus yet, it was still capable of taking on a small percentage of his Power. (These forms are part of the Dragon Ball Canon).

Goku's new form= Likely the TRUE Super Saiyan God Form. AKA, The one Beerus had in his dreams. Beerus dreamed of a God with Black hair, and a determined look. Here, Goku's in his base, with Deity/Angelic esc Ki. He also has a determined ass look on his face. :/

- - - Updated - - -

16? Who? /s

That doesn't mean it will happen to any one of note just as they didn't kill any one ib z thn just destory both sets of balls.
    who knows, they can surprise us.

7+ Year Old Account
    who knows, they can surprise us.
    Maybe maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why the hell would you remind me about this shit!

At least they got their act together for Kai and produced something decent. Schemmel is still the worst (maybe 2nd worst) English Goku I've heard. He ain't meant to sound like a US super hero. He has screams going for him and that is it. But people let him get away with anything just because of those screams.

The US dub will always be inferior to the original Japanese, imo.
    How can you think he sounds like a super hero? Even in battle when he is more serious he still has that childish tone to his voice.

Dubs are almost always better imo because every character sounds like an actual person while the Japanese versions usually have 1-2 people that have such exaggerated voices it takes me out it.

It's possible to have stakes even if the heroes win in the end te Roshi episode would have been a good way to show that, if Roshi had died it woul have been of natural causes and they wouldn't be able to wish him back with te dragon balls that would show that people can die the same way the cell arch kept goku dead leading into the buu saga.
    But Roshi is alive at the end of Z. He cannot die on any cause. Not before Super goes beyond that end, if it ever does.

- - - Updated - - -

16 couldn't be resurrected. He was full android, and technically was never alive.

Now, they could have fwished for his body to be fixed, but he doesn't have soul so he couldn't have regained his memories or personality from before his destruction.

You're welcome to your opinion but, I stopped reading at the bold, honestly.

And yes, Goku literally sounds like Superman in the US dub. And it's on purpose... how can you not know this?
    He sounds like a childish adult and at least in dubs everyone sounds like an actual living being.

Actually, I'm not going to get into this in this thread again. It's pointless. You prefer dubs? Cool. Enjoy dubs.

- - - Updated - - -

I would continue to debate this, because you're wrong and do a massive disservice to the original VAs, but I know better than to do so in this thread.

Way too many Americans.
    48% of the Japanese voices actors use, no Japanese person in real life would ever use.

Secondly, no shit cartoons are exaggerated.
    Thirdly, they do it in dubs, too.
    No, no. every western voice actors speaks perfectly calm with their normal voice.

only problem I have with jap dub is sometimes their voices are extrem high (goku and luffy are prime examples here) especially when a female voices a mal character (again goku and luffy prime examples)
    Naruto was/is bearable and an angry naruto is so much better than the normal voice.
    voices like sasuke, jiraya, zorro, ichigo and the like are okay. I even like them.
    but imo db(s) jap VA are most of the time to high
    that's one of the few anime where I don't like the original dub. and the english dub isn't better. some voices are way toooooo deep but I know german dub will have the kai VA which sucks so I stay with jap dub

no grown ass man should sound like a kid.

it's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no grown ass man should sound like a kid.

it's stupid.
    Not even a near Autistic Saiyan, that cares more about Fighting fucking Gods than his whole Family should sound like that.

I second your claim. :/