Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

epic art

epic vegeta momments, btw he only really reacts when his son says hes passive

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 12:16 AM ----------

any 1 ever notice that vegeta got taller when he became a semi good guy?
    Pretty sure he would let the first 9 pass to make sure the last one didn't come true...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    Pretty sure he would let the first 9 pass to make sure the last one didn't come true...
    yes i think he would listen to yamcha, watch the tapes, and get every single detail as well as make love to freiza to make sure goku never gave up training

oh and i mean freizas second and 3ed forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something just occurred to me. In the three years they were waiting for the Androids to appear, why didn't Vegeta steal the dragon radar, get the balls and wish for immortality. Vegeta probably still wanted it, he had easy access to the radar, and it would have been useful against the Androids.

---------- Post added 2012-03-13 at 09:55 PM ----------

yes i think he would listen to yamcha, watch the tapes, and get every single detail as well as make love to freiza to make sure goku never gave up training

oh and i mean freizas second and 3ed forms.
    Well, the 3rd form was the horniest.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess vegeta was caught, got laid, aannnndddd felt like fighting goku with his own power...... until he gets the M

also

we all know freiza was horny in all forms, but i would be much more afraid of his weaker forms. 2 and 3 were the biggest

Psh he didnt have any horns in his final form!

(and he never had genitalia)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Something just occurred to me. In the three years they were waiting for the Androids to appear, why didn't Vegeta steal the dragon radar, get the balls and wish for immortality. Vegeta probably still wanted it, he had easy access to the radar, and it would have been useful against the Androids.
    His Saiyan pride. The only reason he wanted immortality I think was so that he could not die to Frieza, who was so ridiculously far above everyone at the time. I don't think he saw any other way to win, he had hit a wall. Then he met Goku, who at one point could not beat Raditz solo and was now going Super Saiyan on Frieza's ass without any fancy dragonballs. I think it showed him that all a Saiyan truly needs is his will and pride to overcome anything. There is a significant personality shift in Vegeta after the Frieza saga and I think it because Goku showed him this.

How can a Saiyan grow stronger from the challenge of a stronger enemy when he is immortal himself and therefore in no danger? That kind of thinking. From his Saiyan perspective wishing for immortality would be the ultimate way to grow stagnant. Just like Frieza more or less had over his long rule, I think he realized this. Saiyan's crave challenges and only grow stronger through them, and with immortality there is no challenge.

He could potentially just hit a wall and watch Goku and others get more powerful while he stayed at his power level, or increased it slower and eventually he becomes everyone's punching bag. He would lose his Saiyan drive without the threat of death in battle. That's how I see it anyway.

I think it makes sense or else every problem in DBZ could of been solved by simply getting someone (because he wouldn't do it himself) to wish to give Goku immortality. Good guys win. Or any of the good guys could handle it in that case really.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-14 at 08:10 AM. Reason: added a bit
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Two things I think.

A. Complacency. He actually started to sway away from his evil self then. I remember I think during the Buu Saga when he called Earth his home or something. As early as the Android Saga, I think he felt that way.

B. Immortality was worthless by then. Realistically, the powers the Saiyans had went way beyond simply not dying. Remember Garlic Jr. succeeded in that, and look how it turned out for him.

currently rewatching DBZ from the end of the cell saga.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    No thread is safe from Godwin's law.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 03:00 AM ----------

I feel like beneath dirt right now...

Playing Budokai 3 right now on hard, because that's how I roll. Can't even beat Nappa... Vegeta's going to destroy me.

Game is hard as hell to master but super fun.

Edit: Sweet! I'm a dreadlord now. I HATED being a gnome, how I loathe them. Maybe this will motivate me to squash Nappa.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-14 at 05:03 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    currently rewatching DBZ from the end of the cell saga.
    Episodes 200+, eh ? Same as me then :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i kiiinnddaaa wish kai went with the buu saga

because now nick is showing gt.... fuck gt

i kiiinnddaaa wish kai went with the buu saga

because now nick is showing gt.... fuck gt
    Yeah, I was quite dissapointed when Kai ended with Cell saga

10+ Year Old Account
    New question, won't say Goku since he's god mode, lets say... Buu vs. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (last episode version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

I donno if any of you remember the DBZ TCG (Trading Card Game). You had heroes according to their sagas and they had the power levels written on them. I've GBA game Dragon Ball Z: Collectible Card Game and they all had their power levels written on the side of the cards. I know that I got to Cell saga and Goku's max power level was around 5-6 million. Gohan SSJ2 was a bit over 6 million and Cell was about 100.000-200.000 lower than Gohan. Can't say the exact power levels but honestly the guys who made the TCG got it right in my oppinion.

Per example there was the episode when Frieza powered up and they were tracking the power levels from space and those guys(NOTE: depending on what version you saw some scenes were changed/altered/missing - this was on the UNCUT) said that the computer could calculate up to 1 million power, and when Frieza got to 100% the computer blew up which made Frieza just a bit over 1 million. They honestly couldn't have gotten 10 times or 100 times stronger than what they were back then in just a few years regardless of training. I mean lets face it those androids weren't 10 times stronger than Frieza, nor was Cell. Judging by how the fights happened, abilities and their destructive force they gained power at a steady pace.

Imo due to changes, script translation errors and various magazines and internet sources power levels kinda blew out of proportion. Knowing how much a person with around 180k power level (charged up Goku before Ginyu swapped bodies) can lift and move immagine a guy who has 180 million power level (according to some internet sources that's how much Goku & team had during the Cell tournament).

Sry if some1 already pointed out to the TCG powerlevels but they're honestly the most reasonable assumptions. Heck even those numbers seem inflated if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    New question, won't say Goku since he's god mode, lets say... Buu vs. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (last episode version)

DAAAYYYYUUUM i dunno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Per example there was the episode when Frieza powered up and they were tracking the power levels from space and those guys(NOTE: depending on what version you saw some scenes were changed/altered/missing - this was on the UNCUT) said that the computer could calculate up to 1 million power, and when Frieza got to 100% the computer blew up which made Frieza just a bit over 1 million. They honestly couldn't have gotten 10 times or 100 times stronger than what they were back then in just a few years regardless of training. I mean lets face it those androids weren't 10 times stronger than Frieza, nor was Cell. Judging by how the fights happened, abilities and their destructive force they gained power at a steady pace.

Imo due to changes, script translation errors and various magazines and internet sources power levels kinda blew out of proportion. Knowing how much a person with around 180k power level (charged up Goku before Ginyu swapped bodies) can lift and move immagine a guy who has 180 million power level (according to some internet sources that's how much Goku & team had during the Cell tournament).

Sry if some1 already pointed out to the TCG powerlevels but they're honestly the most reasonable assumptions. Heck even those numbers seem inflated if you ask me.
    Some of the high power levels (such as Frieza's 120 million and Goku's SS 150 million were confirmed by the Dragon Ball creator. I don't see how a trading card game is more canon than that.

I'm not ashamed to say I spent a lot of time watching Dragonball/Z/GT, and the movies.

I even went as far as reading episode dialogue.

My favorite character would have to be Young Super Saiyan 2 Ghoan.

10+ Year Old Account
    shenron is actually very weak, king piccolo killed him. Omega shenron on the other hand was the power of all the wishes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    I donno if any of you remember the DBZ TCG (Trading Card Game). You had heroes according to their sagas and they had the power levels written on them. I've GBA game Dragon Ball Z: Collectible Card Game and they all had their power levels written on the side of the cards. I know that I got to Cell saga and Goku's max power level was around 5-6 million. Gohan SSJ2 was a bit over 6 million and Cell was about 100.000-200.000 lower than Gohan. Can't say the exact power levels but honestly the guys who made the TCG got it right in my oppinion.

The official power levels are here http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Power_levels
    Goku's SS1 Frieza saga power level is 150 million according to the Daizenshuu, the official guidebook written by Akira Toriyama's assistants.

Also, your assumptions on what is or is not reasonable is flawed. The TCG is not only not canon, it is extremely meaningless. Mathematics have shown that Goku gets roughly 25 times stronger, (averages are very easy to do on a calculator btw, you simply divide the sum by the number of events) per major power increasing event, such as recovering from injuries, transformations, learning techniques, etc. The Z warriors were not shown to get stronger at a slower pace post Frieza saga, that is a ridiculous fan myth with no basis on fact.

Note how much stronger Goku gets from recovering from his fight with Captain Ginyu, PL of 90,000 to 3,000,000. In fact, in series the assumption that they don't increase in power very much over the years is debunked by Supreme Kai's statement that each Supreme Kai was 1000 times stronger than Frieza. Note that Supreme Kai is weaker than Pui Pui, as he makes the statement that it will take all of their combined power to defeat him.

That means Vegeta's base form power level without powering up is > 120 billion. That makes his SS1 PL > 6 trillion. Both mathematics and all circumstantial evidence points to me being correct.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    No, I don't think Buu would have any issues. Keep in mind Super Buu nearly destroys the cosmos by getting mad. That's both the physical universe, and the afterlife.