Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Ok here's my question and I really want some thoughtful answers on this one. The saiyans all knew that they recovered from near death and grew stronger after the recovery right? So why didn't Vegeta and Goku just spend time beating each other to near death and healing? Especially while the Earth was safe and no immediate threat was at hand, they'd have had all the time they needed to recover.
    Because saiyans have honor, and this would be an extremely cheap way to gain power. Besides, they wanted to train separately to see who would be stronger. And to whoever said the power boost quits after hitting super saiyan, that is false. Why do you think they powered up so much in the time chamber, a place that basically destroys their body daily?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i think they lose zenkai after hitting super saiyan
    I don't think they lose it, the power boost just becomes less noticeable. Then again, Cell's boost after self-destructing was very noticeable.

I've noticed that the amount gained from the zenkai is quite inconsistent. Vegeta's first few healing boosts on Namek were just a few thousand each time, then after the Recoome fight he is suddenly able to take on Frieza's first form.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Recoome takes a dive. Goku floored him with one punch? Just how strong is he?

Oh well. He's no match for the universe's highest rated doubles tennis team. Burter and Jeice step up to the plate.

Jeice: "After you."
    Burter: "No I fucking insist. Go!"
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, they go so fast, it looks like Goku isn't even moving compared to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the farmers market with my "so called girl-friend"
    Here's something I've always wondered about the history of trunks special. I haven't seen it in a while, but does it explain explicitly that the Namakian Dragon balls no longer work? I know with Piccolo being dead the earth ones would turn to stone, but i cant recall if they even mention the Namakian ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Q: What's Black, White and Asian all at the same time?
    A: Pandas. Easing racial tensions since 1999.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    Here's something I've always wondered about the history of trunks special. I haven't seen it in a while, but does it explain explicitly that the Namakian Dragon balls no longer work? I know with Piccolo being dead the earth ones would turn to stone, but i cant recall if they even mention the Namakian ones.
    plot holes

OH SNAP they can do double team attacks!

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Burter's attack went right through Goku's stomach? He deflected the Crusher Ball? Goku must be a ghoooooooooooooooost.

Or Japanime Jesus.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they have access to the Namekian Dragon Balls? For all we know, the Capsule Corp spaceship has destroyed by the Androids, and they don't know where New Namek is anyway. King Kai knows where New Namek is, but King Kai didn't know about the Androids and Cell until Goku told him, and he had already been dead for a while. Also, there is a 1 year deadline on rezzing, so they can't bring anyone back anyway now.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you zoma

OMG GOKU WRECKED THEM! im glad the aussie was able to get away, hes dreamy

10+ Year Old Account
    Goku is faster than the fastest being in the universe? Holy crap, he can beat anyone easily now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no. Burter and Jeice lost. Oh well, at least Goku is merciful. Because of Goku, Burter and Recoome will live to see another day and change their wicked ways...

Also, two epic Goku vs. Burter & Jeice tracks from DBZ:

Men!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i think they lose zenkai after hitting super saiyan

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 05:19 AM ----------

yoooo recoom is a bad ass, goku is gunna have a hard time with him
    Okay, two questions for you.

1. Where did you actually hear the term Zenkai? I've seen it used before by other people, but I have never once seen it in any official DBZ material. It's not in the manga, the anime, the Super Exciting Guide, the Daizenshuu, or any interviews. Where the hell does this term come from? According to the wiki, the term is mentioned once in the Japanese end theme song of DBZ. That's kind of a ridiculous reference for a term that's so widely used. Other than that, the wiki doesn't have much information.

2. I have also heard the opinion before that they lose this ability after going Super Saiyan, and I've never found a source for this, or even a shred of circumstantial evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. i dunno that is how i heard it was described let me find it (i think the abridged referenced to it a bit)

2. because it seems no saiyan has it after becoming super.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 05:52 AM ----------

i may be wrong on 2

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Zenkai

10+ Year Old Account
    I first heard Zenkai on the dbz wiki. I just went with it.

I think they just stopped bringing it up in DBZ after the Frieza Saga, causing people to speculate they can't use it after Super. I've heard some people say a Super Saiyan can't use Kaioken.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 10:56 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, because I'm a Kai whore:

Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hulk Eraser Gun!

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:24 PM ----------

Who'd win in a fight? Mecha-Frieza or Android 19?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Hulk Eraser Gun!
    Who'd win in a fight? Mecha-Frieza or Android 19?
    I personally think Mecha Frieza. Goku was pounding 19 until the heart virus took over and when Vegeta showed up, he just wasted him. Part of me is biased since Frieza is my favorite saga villain and 19 is rather lame by comparison. Now, Android 20 vs. Mecha Frieza? Far more interesting.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I personally think Mecha Frieza. Goku was pounding 19 until the heart virus took over and when Vegeta showed up, he just wasted him. Part of me is biased since Frieza is my favorite saga villain and 19 is rather lame by comparison. Now, Android 20 vs. Mecha Frieza? Far more interesting.
    I think Mecha-Frieza too, but it's hard to tell. Goku definitely could have beaten 19 if not for the virus, but 19 was able to hurt both Goku and Vegeta. Future Trunks wasted Mecha-Frieza without trying, and he was about the same strength as Goku was three years prior to the Androids. Three years later, after lots of training, we can assume Goku has grown stronger in that time. Now, when Vegeta goes SS, he claims to be stronger than Goku (This is just my memory, plus Vegeta always thinks he is better than Goku when he gets stronger).

19's power-absorption might give him an edge, though I think that would only work if he grabbed one of Frieza's biological parts, which is only about a quarter of his body.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 11:35 PM ----------

Hmm, who is more 'natural'? Mecha-Frieza or 17/18?

10+ Year Old Account
    mecha frieza

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I've heard some people say a Super Saiyan can't use Kaioken.
    They would be the ones that didn't watch every filler episode of DBZ. As I remember, Goku used "Super" Kaioken, while being Super Saiyan, during the fight with Pikkon in the Tournament, in the afterlife.