Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Pendulous, you have voted against all the DBZ characters in this round of the Ultimate Showdown. This is a betrayal worse than Vegeta killing Nappa, 17 killing Gero, Frieza destroying Planet Vegeta, and Mercenary Tao killing his tailor combined. I demand you remove Gohan from your signature, and exile you from this thread for one Krillin lifespan. The stool has spoken.
    Some light betrayal is missing from there ......

I would add commander Violet betraying Red Ribbon Army in there

Captiain Ginyu, is that his original body or is it a body he's stolen before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    Captiain Ginyu, is that his original body or is it a body he's stolen before?
    Since Jeice knew about the Captain's ability, it seems likely he has used it before, so he probably switched to the purple body. We don't know how many he had before that.

10+ Year Old Account

true story right here

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 06:08 PM ----------

Alright who wants to determine king colds full power

in his second form he is stronger then freiza in his final form. Also he sees no threat in someone able to beat his son, so i would conservativly put him at 200 million or 300 million. even in his 2ed form his power lvl exceeded full power frieza according to those who sensed it.

freizas multiplyer for his first to second form is times 2, his 3rd form is unknown but his final form is 12 million at 1% power. lets put freizas form 3 at 6 million meaning cold would multiply that 300 million times 6, in his final form at 1% doubling again that is now over 6 billion more than enough to topple cell and even broly (according to some numbers) now i saw a number on cooler putting his final form around freizas level, but his 5th form as over 400 million. so multiply 6 billion times 4 and we get cold in his 5th form at 24 billion.

ifany 1 has better math do it. i did not even factor in the 1% to 100% but we did that. 6 billion going to 100 percent makes him 600 billion times that by 4 and we get 2.4 trillion

king cold really is powerful. no wonder they never let him transform,

10+ Year Old Account
    Pendulous, you have voted against all the DBZ characters in this round of the Ultimate Showdown. This is a betrayal worse than Vegeta killing Nappa, 17 killing Gero, Frieza destroying Planet Vegeta, and Mercenary Tao killing his tailor combined. I demand you remove Gohan from your signature, and exile you from this thread for one Krillin lifespan. The stool has spoken.
    And yet you've seen the results. I'm like Goku, I just want an even fight.

@Genn We don't know Frieza's power when he fought Trunks. I do believe it got a boost from his mechanical parts. But Cold couldn't have been that much stronger, because trunks had just as easy a time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

@Genn We don't know Frieza's power when he fought Trunks. I do believe it got a boost from his mechanical parts. But Cold couldn't have been that much stronger, because trunks had just as easy a time with him.
    Frieza was in final form enhanced by robot parts. King Cold was in original form(maybe 2nd since he was so freaking huge). The fact that Trunks handled both so easy shows to me that Cold or Frieza were about on the same level at the time. Frieza also thinks he's King of everything. Why would he take orders from "daddy" and be all nice with him unless his dad could kick his ass if he wanted. With the the conversations between them it seems that Frieza is subordinate to him. That being said though, Cold makes no mentions of transformations ever or even tries to.

So we either have the options he is immensely more powerful then Frieza. Or he simply never was powerful enough to reach a higher transformation and taught his kids how to instead, and they respect him for it. Seems to me like Frieza fears Cold's wrath though, Frieza doesn't take orders from anyone but yet he takes them from his father without question. It has to be more then just father-child love because Frieza isn't the type for love.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-27 at 08:09 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Frieza was in final form enhanced by robot parts. King Cold was in original form(maybe 2nd). The fact that Trunks handled both so easy shows to me that Cold or Frieza were about on the same level at the time. Frieza also thinks he's King of everything. Why would he take orders from "daddy" and be all nice with him unless his dad could kick his ass if he wanted. With the the conversations between them it seems that Frieza is subordinate to him. That being said though, Cold makes no mentions of transformations ever or even tries to.

So we either have the options he is immensely more powerful then Frieza. Or he simply never was powerful enough to reach a higher transformation and taught his kids how to instead, and they respect him for it. Seems to me like Frieza fears Cold's wrath though, Frieza doesn't take orders from anyone but yet he takes them from his father without question. It has to be more then just father-child love because Frieza isn't the type for love.
    You don't have to be more powerful to be the leader. At least in this case. I would like to think that Frieza actually respected his father. He shows a little gratitude toward Ginyu, I think there's something there.

Also I thought that their race could automatically transform. Not sure why, we don't really know anything about them, but I thought that was true. If so, I wonder how powerful Cold could have really been. Surely he wouldn't let himself die if he had higher forms.

10+ Year Old Account

dont forget that trunks was much stronger then even goku was in the freiza saga simply because the androids were a greater enemy (not in terms of perspective i mean evil empire is worse than androids, but on the home front)

also that was cold in his second form. even if he was equal to freiza in that form his power level is enormous in his 4th (final) and 5th(after final for some reason) form keeping all multipliers the same.

i think they just killed off cold because keeping all multipliers the same.... he's potentially stronger then some of the buu forms. or just to put closure to the whole empire of freiza.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 08:13 PM ----------

and frieza, cell, cold, cooler, dabura, and a few others. i guess they meant human (since they are cyborgs) but then again piccolo is no human. i guess he meant earth based.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-06-27 at 08:14 PM.

You don't have to be more powerful to be the leader. At least in this case. I would like to think that Frieza actually respected his father. He shows a little gratitude toward Ginyu, I think there's something there.

Also I thought that their race could automatically transform. Not sure why, we don't really know anything about them, but I thought that was true. If so, I wonder how powerful Cold could have really been. Surely he wouldn't let himself die if he had higher forms.
    In the movies (yes I know they are not cannon but I think some things can be taken from them), Cooler says that he was finally able to reach another form(5th form) beyond Frieza's final form and would be the more powerful of the two now if Frieza was still alive. So at some point pre-Namek Frieza and Cooler learned to reach their 4th forms and they battled but Frieza was stronger. They have to train and fight in order to be able to evolve their bodies.

I personally think Frieza's race are kind of like insects. Hence cell's 1st form's being all buggy from Frieza's cell's. All the body transformations and lack of females or mentioning them seem to hint to it as well. As well as their ability to survive despite fatal injuries. There is a queen(maybe queens) out there somewhere that they all drool over. They fight eachother for rights to breed with her. Only the strongest who go on a path of conquest and domination and lead the empire gets this privilege and impress her enough. In recent times, it has been Frieza. Who bested his father and brother in combat for the rights. That's where I think maybe the respect comes from.

Thinking on it more, I really don't think Cold is the leader, more of an highly respected ex-leader who led the empire to prosperity in his day and was watching over his favorite son. Frieza respects him on a tyrant-intellectual level because of his past leadership and that's why he listens. Just my theories on the whole Frieza species anyways.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno they seem much more lizard like to me

also speaking of queens

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i dunno they seem much more lizard like to me

also speaking of queens

Lizards are no where near as tough or as durable as insects. After all guess what survived what killed the dinosaurs? Tiny mammals and insects, very few lizards. Lizards also don't show an ability to transform their bodies numerous times in their life.

Nameks are the lizards. Hence the dragons, regeneration and the green.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-27 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they seem more like slug people hence most of their names being sluggy in the nameks case

well the dinosaurs starved out and had little food while insects and mammals back then needed far less.

Lol, he was called Lord Slug cause he was fat and ate everything. Think Super Kami Guru. You can even say the Asexual reproduction of Nameks come from Lizards as some can.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno they just drink water

nail and snail

its pretty much been said they are slug people

Nameks are humanoid with slug-like characteristics, including green skin and antennae.
    he name "Namek" is taken from the word namekuji, which means "slug" in Japanese.
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Namekian
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-06-27 at 09:11 PM.

Ouch, you win Genn lol. Here's your prize. Now please don't throw me off the lookout.

Kills me every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    *eats a muffin* throws duncan off the look out

Don't worry about being banned for a krillin lifetime pendulous, it isn't very long.
    I think the primary thing that makes namekians sluggy is their antenae seeing as they aren't slimy and slugs do not have teeth or arms.. but yeah all that stuff genn said :P
    Maybe king cold would have transformed if things had been dragged out (dramatic and he would realise that he needs to) but after what trunks had been through in the future he didn't take chances. King cold thought it was all in the sword so he didn't bother trying, but I guess it is possible that he hadn't unlocked higher transformations. I'm curious as to whether they transform back down to lower levels. It would seem that they do since they know what their higher transformations are like, but it seems kind of weird that they would. It did not seem like it took more energy to maintain a transformation and they were actual physical changes. Their arrogance and pride also seems like it would make them want to remain at max strength (unless they are thinking they are so strong their is no need and just like being dramatic if they do need a higher stage)

10+ Year Old Account

snip
    Ah! Perfect, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Maybe king cold would have transformed if things had been dragged out (dramatic and he would realise that he needs to) but after what trunks had been through in the future he didn't take chances. King cold thought it was all in the sword so he didn't bother trying, but I guess it is possible that he hadn't unlocked higher transformations. I'm curious as to whether they transform back down to lower levels. It would seem that they do since they know what their higher transformations are like, but it seems kind of weird that they would. It did not seem like it took more energy to maintain a transformation and they were actual physical changes. Their arrogance and pride also seems like it would make them want to remain at max strength (unless they are thinking they are so strong their is no need and just like being dramatic if they do need a higher stage)
    King Cold didn't really think it was all in his sword. At least that's not how I interpreted it. He was just bluffing. Or really really stupid. It's just weird that you never see any fights resolved before each combatant transforms into their best power. King Cold not transforming is an anomaly throughout the show. But yeah, Trunks wouldn't take the chance, he'd kill anyone that fast if he could.