10+ Year Old Account
    d'awwwww vegeta

10+ Year Old Account
    I like DBZ simply for what it is: a simple fighting show.

American cartoons have always favored humor over action, which made DBZ new and innovative for it's time.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I like DBZ simply for what it is: a simple fighting show.

American cartoons have always favored humor over action, which made DBZ new and innovative for it's time.
    Well, shows like Saiyuki, and movies like The Avengers have ruined that for me. I can't have my action without a little comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    That's pretty awesome, Zoma. xD Woulda never imagined to see that little sphere as a Saiyan pod.
    Hadn't checked the thread in a couple days, been busy. That pic is pure win Zoma. Also that Vegeta comic is too cute.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 05:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cargath View Post
    Can I ask you all something? I've recently been watching the DBZ Abridged Series by TeamFourStar, and I had this question on my mind but, what made DBZ and the other Dragonball series so memorable?
    I still remember what I was doing as a kid when I came across Dragonball on TV for the first time. Fell in love with it instantly. As a young boy of course I loved the action. I also wished so bad that I could be Goku lol. I always had trouble getting to watch it though because I was in hockey and it was always at the same time. So here's me seeing maybe 4 episodes of dragonball as a kid and it was by far my favorite show. Upset me that I always missed it and then it was canceled or whatever for a few years.

Then i got a little older and DBZ appeared and the show had seemed to grow up with me. I was so jacked. By then I had figured out how to record stuff on VHS so I did that and me and my best friend at the time would come to my house after hockey and watch it. Plus most people hate it, but I love the anticipation of a battle or a big move. The more episodes they put for building the big climatic battle or whatever, just makes the climax more memorable for me. I really loved the feeling of anticipation after every episode.

That's what makes it memorable for me at least. Along with all the normal stuff of course, like Super Saiyans, Vegeta and Goku's chemistry and Goku's unstoppable will and calm.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-03 at 09:34 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Anticipation of battle is good. Titles of episodes spoiling the story of the episode were really bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Anticipation of battle is good. Titles of episodes spoiling the story of the episode were really bad though.
    To be honest it didn't bother me much as a kid. If anything it just made me look forward to the next week more.

It would annoy me now though if I was watching it with fresh eyes. My line of thinking then was so what if I know Frieza's dead next episode, I cant wait to see how it goes down! Being older now though, I need a little surprise in my shows for interest. Not being told what's exactly coming next is nice.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Yeah the titles always are .. funny. Show ending, "Will goku beat frieza? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!" *Title appears "Goku Beats Frieza!"*

10+ Year Old Account
    DL'ing 35gb of DBZ Kai, it's so slow...but it's in 720p dual-audio goodness, gonna be something I keep forever!

Although DBZ is the ONLY anime in which the original japanese voices freak the shit out of me because Goku sounds like a retarded goat and throws water all over my childhood memories.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-07-03 at 06:36 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 10:48 PM ----------

best of super buu

on the subject of why DBZ was so good when it came out, i remember getting up one morning, and did any of you used to put in hair gel? well i got up and i had hair gel in from the day before, so my hair was all up and puffy and stuff ( i cant explain it any better than this) and my mother makes the comment "you look like dragonball z"

i felt pretty awesome then, it also may have nothing really to do with it, but was just an awesome moment from my childhood that had DBZ
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    also does any 1 else think that if trunks was a pure breed saiyan

he would be a LSS?

He does end up looking a lot like broly

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also does any 1 else think that if trunks was a pure breed saiyan

he would be a LSS?

He does end up looking a lot like broly

...What does looking like Broly have anything to do with being/becoming a LSS?

To answer your question though, I think the only reason he became a Super Saiyan so easily in the first place (well except Future Trunks I guess) was because he was half human...so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    ...What does looking like Broly have anything to do with being/becoming a LSS?

To answer your question though, I think the only reason he became a Super Saiyan so easily in the first place was because he was half human...so no.

very similar appearance, same muscle mass, loss of pupils

also to add to the fandom

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    very similar appearance, same muscle mass, loss of pupils
    Well when he goes Ultra I could see it, but anyone could do that. And the loss of pupils thing, if I remember correctly was only just after he powered up to fight Cell, and they went back to normal before he told Krillin to take Vegeta.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could totally picture him saying "Smashing" while punching through Omega Shenron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, shows like Saiyuki, and movies like The Avengers have ruined that for me. I can't have my action without a little comedy.
    Believe me. A healthy overdose of both is the best. Like I said, for its time, it was rather unique in American television.

DBZ has plenty of action and comedy bits, like Goku slapping Frieza silly right before the Destro Discs bi-sect him.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Action/comedies are the best. It's always great to hear a good one-liner right before or after an epic action scene.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2012-07-04 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Action/comedies are the best. It's always great to here a good one-liner right before or after an epic action scene.
    "Shakespeare in the park!"
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    and if u scroll up u can even see majin buu being hilarious