10+ Year Old Account
    Was that before or after he killed everyone on Earth? It seems kind of dumb to rob a bakery or sweet shop when you can turn people into food. Most of them don't even fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Was that before or after he killed everyone on Earth? It seems kind of dumb to rob a bakery or sweet shop when you can turn people into food. Most of them don't even fight back.
    It was afterwards, while Goku and Vegeta were inside

The Buu saga was pretty funny in general until it got the end and got serious.

also dont forget

the villains had no terrible past, they were never wronged. they just did it because they wanted to and that is more realistic than all the stuff they have today.

why was freiza evil? because he could

why were the androids evil? because they could

why was cell evil? because he could

why was super/kid buu evil? because he could

why was broly evil? because goku never shut the fuck up as a kid and let him sleep!

why is this more realistic? in real life, are bad people always wronged in some way? are they all a product of a terrible past? no
    I wasn't going to post until I saw this. Being evil purely for the sake of it is entirely unrealistic, there are always underlying causes, except in the case of beings that are wholly evil (perhaps the blackstar-dragonball dragons, except the 4th one, also Buu, the kid one)

Frieza was "evil" likely because how how he was raised, while we get few details I do get the impression he would have been brought up by a very domineering father (probably mother too unless he didn't have one for whatever reason), probably raised to believe his race was 'the best race' because they do generally seem really strong in a universe full of weaker species. He was probably made to kill at an early age ect, ect.

Mostly speculation, but seems reasonable to say, from that alone you have reasonable cause for the guy to become a massive arse.

As for the Androids, 17 and 18? Not sure, I know less about them pre-augmentation then Frieza, they could have just been rotten apples (likely due to their background and society) then being given loads of power and the ability to blow stuff up.

Cell was clearly all programming, he was designed to become perfect and likely do anything within his power to achieve that goal, the first stage would have been to gain enough strength to overpower the androids by means of absorbing Humans.

There is a saying that evil isn't born, it's made and I think that is almost always true, even within fiction, there are always hundreds of sometimes tiny factors that compound and shape a characters life before they are the extremely evil person you see confronting the hero(es).

And with the androids and cell it was Dr. Gero that was really the evil one since he made the others how they were. He was evil from the red ribbon army and wanting revenge upon goku.

I think they were just programmed to be bad. I mean they reprogrammed 16 to be good.
    They were initially people and were probably not "evil" perhaps bad. I vaguely remember 18 being reluctant or upset that Dr. Gero turned them into monsters or something.

On a side note, The tip of Frieza's tail while in his third form is never shown. But he has it in video games and such.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-07-05 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Ironman v. Gohan thread is tearing me apart ;_;
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

So I just watched the movies chronicle and push for the first time. Awesome stuff. Fight scenes are pretty much DBZ minus the ki-blasts.

How come they can do crazy amazing fight scenes for movies with no previous fan base but no one out there can do something quality for a live action DBZ? Bah. If someone honestly put money into a movie that actually stayed true to the story it would make a good amount in theaters I would think. Ah well, Hopefully that Sayian saga stuff turns out good.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    So I just watched the movies chronicle and push for the first time. Awesome stuff. Fight scenes are pretty much DBZ minus the ki-blasts.

How come they can do crazy amazing fight scenes for movies with no previous fan base but no one out there can do something quality for a live action DBZ? Bah. If someone honestly put money into a movie that actually stayed true to the story it would make a good amount in theaters I would think. Ah well, Hopefully that Sayian saga stuff turns out good.
    Most likely because people usually try to milk some cash from the popular series instead of putting real work into it.
    If a movie with completely unrelated to anything storyline is to be a success, it needs good effects and (to some degree) good story.
    Well known IPs usually attract those that just want to make fast cash.

10+ Year Old Account

oh baby, you so funny

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post

I think if there was a movie it would need to be done similar to mortal kombat.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-07-05 at 08:29 PM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    Still say one my favorite scenes is when Tien takes on Cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Still say one my favorite scenes is when Tien takes on Cell.
    Only because it's the only thing he ever did in DBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He deflected Buu's blast from Gohan. (Only to be knocked out two or three minutes later)

10+ Year Old Account
    tien should have been mystic!

atleast krillin tries

---------- Post added 2012-07-06 at 06:52 AM ----------

just ss4 gotanks v daburas replacement (for the most part in the demon world)
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-07-06 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does the demon kind of look like Shin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    He deflected Buu's blast from Gohan. (Only to be knocked out two or three minutes later)
    Tien was a character that could have been so much more I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    be careful rad u get banned for meme pics! no matter how appropriate and edited into a proper picture they are

btw never rustle a oozarus jimmies. on the real note whos shin