10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched Yugi-Oh in so long, still collect the cards from time to time though lol.

Someone stole my DBZ collection.

That Genn guy gets ban the thread ends up on the second page, and everyones talking about yu-gi-oh..

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a massive DBZ fan but from what i remember of watching yu-gi-oh it was just boss. I loved my shiny 3 headed blue white dragon thingy card its a shame I chucked all my cards away when I was have a clean out a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I'm a massive DBZ fan but from what i remember of watching yu-gi-oh it was just boss. I loved my shiny 3 headed blue white dragon thingy card its a shame I chucked all my cards away when I was have a clean out a couple of years ago.
    I still have fun playing on-line and everything, but the fun of it's taken away a little because everyone uses the new, OP synchro and XYZ monsters =/

Damn it Genn! Get back so this thread can get back to talking about Dragon Ball Z

i really hate to do this, but we may need something more....
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh god, not the Black Star balls. Using those just means this thread will die in a year when the Earth explodes.

Deleted
    I loved DBZ even after the last saga I watched, but I am very interested in the earlier dragonball episodes when Goku was little. Where can I find these? Last episodes I saw was Radditz ( Saiyan ) Saga --> Buu Saga the tournament where Goku goes to train this kid...

What am I missing from the whole story? That can't be the end... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    I loved DBZ even after the last saga I watched, but I am very interested in the earlier dragonball episodes when Goku was little. Where can I find these? Last episodes I saw was Radditz ( Saiyan ) Saga --> Buu Saga the tournament where Goku goes to train this kid...

What am I missing from the whole story? That can't be the end... right?
    http://www.dbz.tv/1/

The first column is Dragon Ball, the original series. The second column is Dragon Ball Z, which takes place 5 years after the first series. You've seen all of this one, since it's goes from Raditz to Uub (the kid from the tournament). The third column is Dragon Ball GT, which takes place 10 years after DBZ.

The original series is pretty good. The human fighters from Z are actually relevant in this series, even Master Roshi (but not Yamcha). The fighting is a bit different. Much fewer ki attacks/energy waves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy if you're willing to sit yourself through Dragonball then better pack a few lunches, it's so snail-paced (compared to current anime) that it makes the original DBZ look like Legend of Korra's jet-engine pacing. It's more about the adventure and fun of finding the dragonballs and the "henchmen > mini-boss > boss > repeat" style is more prevalant than ever. Red Ribbon Army anyone?

It does reveal some very interesting stuff about Goku's past though, like the development of his relationship with Chi-Chi and the background of the Z Warriors. And back when Mastery Roshi was considered super strong.

Just read the wiki, it's a lot quicker >_<
    Summary of all episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Ball_episodes
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Dragon Ball's better than Z. Read the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm yes I suppose I do have a soft spot for manga more than anime.

Hmm You know what character would be interesting in AF... Ozotto.
    For those of you who aren't aware he appeared in a 1994 DBZ game... he is a demon that can shape shift into other fighters.

Or even Soba from Yardrat he had a power level of 14 million perhaps he continued to become stronger...
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-07-16 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much looks like a re-colored Syn Shenron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    http://www.dbz.tv/1/

The first column is Dragon Ball, the original series. The second column is Dragon Ball Z, which takes place 5 years after the first series. You've seen all of this one, since it's goes from Raditz to Uub (the kid from the tournament). The third column is Dragon Ball GT, which takes place 10 years after DBZ.

The original series is pretty good. The human fighters from Z are actually relevant in this series, even Master Roshi (but not Yamcha). The fighting is a bit different. Much fewer ki attacks/energy waves.
    Oh thanks! I didn't knew you were able to watch DBZ series online! How about the movies? Do they add anything to the story at all or are they just " sidequests "

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Oh boy if you're willing to sit yourself through Dragonball then better pack a few lunches, it's so snail-paced (compared to current anime) that it makes the original DBZ look like Legend of Korra's jet-engine pacing. It's more about the adventure and fun of finding the dragonballs and the "henchmen > mini-boss > boss > repeat" style is more prevalant than ever. Red Ribbon Army anyone?

It does reveal some very interesting stuff about Goku's past though, like the development of his relationship with Chi-Chi and the background of the Z Warriors. And back when Mastery Roshi was considered super strong.

Just read the wiki, it's a lot quicker >_<
    Summary of all episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Ball_episodes
    I would love to see that!

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something I've wondered about for a while now, and there is no better place to ask it..

DBGT, What is with all the hate that GT receives? granted, i agree the first chunk of it, until baby surfaces is kinda slow and tedious, but after that it seems really not as bad as it is made out to be

And please no "Cause GT is stupid/crap/lame/etc." I am actually looking for a legitimate reasoning to all the hate it receives

Quote Originally Posted by Meepmeep View Post
    There is something I've wondered about for a while now, and there is no better place to ask it..

DBGT, What is with all the hate that GT receives? granted, i agree the first chunk of it, until baby surfaces is kinda slow and tedious, but after that it seems really not as bad as it is made out to be

And please no "Cause GT is stupid/crap/lame/etc." I am actually looking for a legitimate reasoning to all the hate it receives
    The animation quality is lower, the music isn't as good, (Bruce Faulconer is a damn genius imo) and the effects in general get smaller as character power increases.

Watch the battle against Frieza, and then immediately watch the battle against Omega Shenron. Also compare the x100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave to the Final Flash. I personally don't hate GT, I just like Z more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The animation quality is lower, the music isn't as good, (Bruce Faulconer is a damn genius imo) and the effects in general get smaller as character power increases.

Watch the battle against Frieza, and then immediately watch the battle against Omega Shenron. Also compare the x100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave to the Final Flash. I personally don't hate GT, I just like Z more.
    So judging by what you said, It's not the content that is of poor quality, its the effects/music?

Theoretically then, if they remade GT with bigger bangs and better music, the general consensus would be more positive?

What about the story aspect of things, disregarding the poor music/effects? Is the story just bad? or is it just the music and effects are making it seem worse then it really is

It's as close to a parody of Z as they ever got to making themselves.

The story is a joke, the villains are terrible, character design is notably worse, the scale of everything's power is absurd to the point of not making sense beyond even the most extreme suspension of disbelief, every character that isn't Vegeta or Goku is a joke, and the finale is suspiciously similar to horrible fanfiction. It was everything that was wrong with the Buu saga compounded and made infinitely worse.

I'd only be happier with it if it didn't exist.

So judging by what you said, It's not the content that is of poor quality, its the effects/music?

Theoretically then, if they remade GT with bigger bangs and better music, the general consensus would be more positive?

What about the story aspect of things, disregarding the poor music/effects? Is the story just bad? or is it just the music and effects are making it seem worse then it really is
    I actually like the story part of it (once they get back to Earth, anyway). The premise of the Black Star balls and how they connect the whole story, for the most part. Baby trying to get revenge for his lost civilization, a portal from Hell opening up, the Shenrons being released from the dragon balls. The only things I don't like, as Laurcus said, was the animation/music, and also Pan. I loathe Pan.