Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    However, that doesn't parallel how the planet actually was destroyed. Frieza, of course, destroyed the planet. So, IDK what that was all about, tbh.
    In the anime series (not in the manga), King Kai tells Goku that Planet Vegeta was destroyed by its own version of Kami via a meteor storm he summoned after realizing how evil the Saiyans were. Shortly afterward it is revealed, however, that Frieza was to blame for Planet Vegeta's destruction. It is obvious that Frieza is not Vegeta's Kami; it is possible that Vegeta's Kami had acted behind the scenes to prompt the flash of paranoia that inspired Frieza's attack on the planet, but it is equally possible that Vegeta's Kami simply does not exist. It is unclear whether King Kai did not know the truth himself, or just decided to lie to Goku to prevent him from learning of Frieza; the second is more likely considering that he later reveals that he is aware of the existence of Frieza and begs Goku and other characters not to fight him because of his immense power. However, it is more commonly accepted as an inconsistency created on Toei Animation's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    In the anime series (not in the manga), King Kai tells Goku that Planet Vegeta was destroyed by its own version of Kami via a meteor storm he summoned after realizing how evil the Saiyans were. Shortly afterward it is revealed, however, that Frieza was to blame for Planet Vegeta's destruction. It is obvious that Frieza is not Vegeta's Kami; it is possible that Vegeta's Kami had acted behind the scenes to prompt the flash of paranoia that inspired Frieza's attack on the planet, but it is equally possible that Vegeta's Kami simply does not exist. It is unclear whether King Kai did not know the truth himself, or just decided to lie to Goku to prevent him from learning of Frieza; the second is more likely considering that he later reveals that he is aware of the existence of Frieza and begs Goku and other characters not to fight him because of his immense power. However, it is more commonly accepted as an inconsistency created on Toei Animation's part.
    I'd go with the "not wanting to tell them about Frieza" part. Planet Vegeta was in his quadrant of the galaxy, so he would know all about it. That, and we already know that the paranoia was from Bardock and Chilled.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ok, I derped. There's no way there's a year in between Nappa dying and the fight with Frieza (when everyone was wished back). And there doesn't seem to be a distance restriction. So why did Nappa not come back?
    Because they stretched it in Abridged to get Nappa back in. Guru dieing because his people are being slaughtered by Frieza and he has a link to them is different then Vegeta going around blowing people up just because he feels like it. Sure Vegeta is partly like he his is because of Frieza, but he still kills innocent or helpless people whenever he gets the chance. It's not like Frieza is around forcing him to do that evil stuff all the time. Did Frieza force him to kill Nappa and those Nameks in cold blood? No.

What I'm saying is Vegeta killing Nappa and those Nameks was just a Saiyan thing to do. It had nothing to do with Frieza at the time. Had they been on some other random world and Nappa got his ass kicked that bad Vegeta would of done the same thing to him. Heck, if Raditz somehow made it back to Vegeta he probably would have killed him too. Nappa losing like that (to a low class warrior to top it off) is disgusting to Saiyans. They despise weakness, especially Vegeta at that time. Not because of Frieza but because of who he is. That is why Nappa or those Nameks did not come back, it wasn't Frieza's fault. It was the way of Saiyan society, they love to fight and then show off their dominance, it's all they really care about. The strong rule over the weak with a code of honor. Like how a samurai would gut himself and have his friend chop off his head if he lost a battle.

Goku and Bardock are the only exceptions to this. Goku, if he grew up on Vegeta would have been just as Saiyan as Bardock was at first. The only reason Goku is so nice and passive is because of his fall as a child, it somehow removed his Saiyan angst. Bardock realized through prescience and trials that what he was doing was wrong. Saiyans can be empathetic and feel pity for weakness instead of hatred but it doesn't come easily or naturally.

Even if what I'm saying about Saiyans can be debated, doesn't change the fact that Vegeta is still an ass because he enjoys it. Not because of Frieza.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-30 at 07:12 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted
    I've been reading through AF now (Ize Saga) and i actually don't like it... i didn't even read the other saga because people said Ize Saga is much better and if the "better" one isn't good i don't bother reading the other one
    The whole concept with Ize being "frozen" for much longer than frieza and therefore being a million times stronger kinda sucks. Not very creative...
    Moreover its all a little bit rushed down... we get 3 new transformations that are "omg so powerful like nothing before" every 10 pages.

But the drawings are great! I would really like to see fanfics that are as good drawn as this one but with a better story.

As i dislike GT i would really like to see some post-DBZ fanfics that ignore GT. These "alternative timeline" concepts are great too (for example what if Vegeta was the first SSJ not Goku), but when its only written down without drawings etc its just not the same... its a manga/anime after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    As i dislike GT i would really like to see some post-DBZ fanfics that ignore GT. These "alternative timeline" concepts are great too (for example what if Vegeta was the first SSJ not Goku), but when its only written down without drawings etc its just not the same... its a manga/anime after all.
    I assume you haven't checked Multiverse? There's a link in the OP for it. It's a fanfic manga that takes place after the 10 year time skip (or more, not sure anymore) at the end of DBZ and ignores GT. It involves a lot of alternate universe stuff (duh, multiverse), but I personally absolutely enjoy reading it. If you missed it, I suggest you check it out, perhaps that one will manage to get your attention.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-07-30 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

i recommend the Xicor over the Ize saga. The Xicor doesn't have that rushed feel, and i like the story better. Please, read it before judging it.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    i recommend the Xicor over the Ize saga. The Xicor doesn't have that rushed feel, and i like the story better. Please, read it before judging it.
    Agreed. There are elements I prefer from one over the other, but overall, I too, feel like Xicor > Ize. It all comes down to opinion, so indeed, it would be best to read it before judging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just prefer the Ize saga because I like seeing diff types of villans. Also they had some logic with why Ize never showed up before (was still frozen so they couldn't sense him) while Xicor is like "oh hai! my enormous power was never sensed before"

Also i like the saga right after Ize, Marble is a cool bad guy.

Why did Vegeta give up on his dream for immortality after Goku defeated Frieza, like he could have spent that time after looking for the dragon balls. Instead he went into space to find goku.

Also is immortality in dbz unable to die from force or just old age?

Why did Vegeta give up on his dream for immortality after Goku defeated Frieza, like he could have spent that time after looking for the dragon balls. Instead he went into space to find goku.

It's both. Though I'm willing to bet enough energy could subvert it.

Well, he couldn't look for the dragon balls because they had been used to wish the Namekians back to life, so they were inert for a year. With them being unusable for that time, he went into space to look for Goku, to try and get Goku to teach him the secret to becoming a super Saiyan.

Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Well, he couldn't look for the dragon balls because they had been used to wish the Namekians back to life, so they were inert for a year. With them being unusable for that time, he went into space to look for Goku, to try and get Goku to teach him the secret to becoming a super Saiyan.
    Could you collect inert balls and wait until there back off cooldown?

I suppose technically you could, but you wouldn't be able to use the dragon radar to look for them, as they'd just be normal stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    great videos. good to see yamcha and tien being awesome

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    great videos. good to see yamcha and tien being awesome
    and for exactly how long did that attitude of theirs last?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the original Dragon Ball, after making a wish (I think this was after the Red Ribbon Saga, after bringing Bora back to life) Goku watched the Dragon Balls turn back to stone, then when they went in the air to separate, he jumped in the air and grabbed the stone that used to be his grampa's four star ball. Considering how fast DBZ characters are later in the series, I doubt grabbing all seven when they go to separate would be too difficult. Once you've lost sight of them though, there isn't really anyway to track them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    and for exactly how long did that attitude of theirs last?
    they were awesome, but everything changed, when the saiyans attacked

Read some of that Ize saga AF stuff.

Ize is informed that his father was defeated by Goku.
    Then he goes on to state to Vegeta hes looking for Goku who killed his father.
    But we know goku didn't kill Frieza, trunks did... and Gohan too in a movie.

Read some of that Ize saga AF stuff.

Ize is informed that his father was defeated by Goku.
    Then he goes on to state to Vegeta hes looking for Goku who killed his father.
    But we know goku didn't kill Frieza, trunks did... and Gohan too in a movie.
    While it indeed is trunks who kill frieza in the end, it is Goku who defeats frieza the first time, and ultimately brought him to his knees.