10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know it was a meme.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    I feel as a regular poster on bodybuilding.com misc forum to inform you of the origins of the "do u even lift meme"

Pretty much it started out as an insult/ banter when ever someone posted a pic of themselves.
    Guys post pics, fishing for compliments, or post pics thinking their bigger then what they are.
    resulting in 100 reply's of "do u even lift"... which eventually turned into "do you even eat" ... which will probably turn up sooner or later across the web.
    When I looked it up on knowyourmeme it said that it originated when a guy gave some really bad workout advice, and one of the other posters replied, "Do you even lift?".

Idk i've frequented the website since 2005 and its been used probably even before then.
    Just until recent i've seen it start trending memebase, 9gag etc

Do you even lift is as overused as the arrow to the knee joke D:

10+ Year Old Account
    And both of those are amazing.

I'm probably the only person in the whole world that thinks so...
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Favourite DBZ game opening go!

The animation is beautiful, the lyrics to be praised, the surreal intro, and the epic battle.

Also amazing brofist by Broly and Gogeta.

Someone asked me why Vegeta didn't skyrocket in power when Krillin blasted him and then got healed compared to Goku in the rejuv chamber. Couldn't tell him why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Someone asked me why Vegeta didn't skyrocket in power when Krillin blasted him and then got healed compared to Goku in the rejuv chamber. Couldn't tell him why.
    He did, it just wasn't enough to really help put him up to par with Frieza.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He did, it just wasn't enough to really help put him up to par with Frieza.
    This is basically correct. Vegeta went from 250k, to well over a million. It's hard to say how much higher than a million, but Piccolo seemed to think Vegeta had a chance against Frieza's final form, which is obviously incorrect, but it's likely Piccolo was comparing the power he sensed from Vegeta to Frieza's third form.

So Vegeta's power at least quadrupled. To be fair though, there's still a discrepancy there. Goku did, after all, get 33 times stronger from recovering from his injuries, while Vegeta definitely didn't pass 3 million for his power level, meaning even if you take a liberal estimate and assume his power went to like 2.8 million, then he still only got 11 times stronger compared to Goku's 33.

Goku did always seem to increase in power faster than Vegeta though, so that could just be Goku being Goku. On the other hand, maybe Goku's injuries were overall more severe, so maybe he got a larger power increase. Sure, Vegeta had a hole in his chest, but the rest of his body was basically fine. Goku seemed to be pretty fucked up everywhere, so it's possible Goku was more injured if he had a lot of internal bleeding and broken bones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when Goku was kicked out of his body by Ginyu, it counted as a "death" since his soul had left his body, so his power would skyrocket once his soul got back to his body, but nobody noticed because his body was still f'ed up by everybody playing curbstomp with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw everyone should give bringer of death a read, its a solid fan fic. actually written in a more dbz style with power level bs to a minimum

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 05:59 AM ----------

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8162862/1/Bringer-of-Death

I fucking love DBZ.

DRAGON BALL Z!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111... Nuff said...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Maybe when Goku was kicked out of his body by Ginyu, it counted as a "death" since his soul had left his body, so his power would skyrocket once his soul got back to his body, but nobody noticed because his body was still f'ed up by everybody playing curbstomp with it.
    Interesting theory. It's not impossible, though it'd be hard to prove.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Goku simply makes gains faster than Vegeta. It's mentioned several times, even by Vegeta, that Goku has a gift. Goku pretty consistently makes better gains from training than Vegeta does, so I assume he gains faster by being beat up as well.

Guys, remember that one time where some guy came into a DBZ thread and was like, "don't enjoy DBZ, it's an old cartoon". Yeah, he was cute. I kind of wanted to pet him.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-21 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    btw everyone should give bringer of death a read, its a solid fan fic. actually written in a more dbz style with power level bs to a minimum

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 05:59 AM ----------

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8162862/1/Bringer-of-Death
    Love that one as well. I think I mentioned it a few pages back. What I like about fanfics like this one, is how the authors cover the holes and inconsistencies that Toriyama didn't do, or even care about. They also make certain movie characters that wouldn't fit into canon, fit in a way that makes sense. And of course, they're talented at what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account

Hope y'all are ready for man tears.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Hope y'all are ready for man tears.

[video snip]
    Lol it's strange, watching the show didn't really elicit any sadness from me, but attach some country music and all the sudden I'm feeling chills. I'm not sure who could enjoy country music when it's all so depressing