10+ Year Old Account
    The Frieza Saga bomb was from Namek and some of the surrounding planets. Almost all life on Namek had already been wiped out.

As for asking for energy vs taking it, it could be that Earth was too far for him to take it directly. It's possible that the stronger Goku is, the greater the range he can take energy from, but he was really far from Earth while making the Buu bomb.

Chances are, the planet of the Kais is far away from any living planets, and was unable to forcibly take enough energy to defeat Buu, so he needed energy sent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the theory of the range increase with power is quite intresting since he does pull from progressively further away upto the whole universe in GT.

Also i dont think any1 on earth wouldve given him energy during the sayian sage, like said b4 in Frieza Saga namek was pretty much f*ed anyways so he had to pull from surrounding planets, and in the Buu saga its energy from the whole earth (which is most likely atleast half a galaxy away) and the most powerful good guys in DBZ but as discussed b4 the energy from Mystic Gohan alone shouldve been alone to do the trick but that out of the question in GT he pulls from energy out of the frikking universe (Para Para bro's ftw) for the ultimate facerape but lets be honest end of GT was BS taking hits from Omega Shen in kid form when he couldnt win in SS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goku after failing his driving exam.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 05:24 AM ----------

Interesting theory about the power to range increase, and it does line up with what we know about power levels, that is, they do everything.

Planet Kaishin is much further than just half a galaxy away though. It's on a higher plane, in a completely different dimension. It's an infinite distance away. At least in theory.

In the Frieza saga, Goku pulled energy from the solar system, not the universe. I don't know why they changed it to universe in Kai, horrible dubbing error. In the Saiyan saga, Goku pulled the energy from the Earth, as well as the non-sapient lifeforms such as animals and plants and, according to King Kai, the Sun. It was not shown that he pulled energy from any sapient creatures such as Humans and anthropomorphic Dogs.

As for why it was so powerful in the Buu saga, to add to what was already said, the power of the Spirit Bomb is increased by the wielder's power level. Note how the Spirit Bomb became much more effective after they wished to heal Goku.

And the whole GT Spirit Bomb vs Omega Shenron thing... That was just odd. There's a lot of different ways to interpret that scene. Because Goku clearly asks Shenron for help, but it's unclear exactly what Shenron did. I suspect Goku may have wished for immortality. That would certainly explain him being alive 100 years later. It's also possible Shenron didn't do shit. Another theory I have is maybe Goku used some of the energy from the Spirit Bomb to shield himself. Other people interpret that scene as Goku dying, and Shenron allowing him to fight on, citing that as the reason that Goku goes with Shenron after the battle.

I wouldn't say any one interpretation is correct. There's not enough information for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes i forgot about the sun, how does he pull energy from that though? isnt it pretty inanimate, but it does remind me in lord slug doesnt he fly over the poison cloud and then starts charging like he couldnt do it below?

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Ah yes i forgot about the sun, how does he pull energy from that though? isnt it pretty inanimate, but it does remind me in lord slug doesnt he fly over the poison cloud and then starts charging like he couldnt do it below?
    Well, it is inanimate, but it's also basically a giant nuclear fusion reaction that fuses 620 million metric tons of hydrogen per second. Lots of energy there. And yes, that's a very plausible reason for why Goku did that in Lord Slug.

10+ Year Old Account

I can't count how many mangas/comics/anime refferences to DB/DBZ I've came across now. Here's latest one:

10+ Year Old Account
    No no no, Stan should be Hercule.

Unless you use all the McFarlane shows, then Peter is Hercule.

10+ Year Old Account

roger as freiza works..... if only C.I.A director bullock was cell

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:20 PM ----------

party at dedoria's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ]

[IMG too big snip[/IMG]
    I must be a total nerd for getting excited every time I see a fan-made saiyan transformation.

Something in my head goes "OMG, WHAT IF? WHAT IF???"
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-25 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    broly as an ss3 or 4....... oh god the universe would suffer

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:42 AM ----------

Pfft, SSJ4 Gogeta v.s. SSJ4 Broly, I think Gogeta could easily handle him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Pfft, SSJ4 Gogeta v.s. SSJ4 Broly, I think Gogeta could easily handle him.
    I think base form Goku at the start of GT could handle SS4 Broly. Unless Broly got a massive power increase to his base form.

is vegeta kamehameha-ing in that picture?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 02:00 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:09 AM ----------

I learned something cool today. I can now semi-accurately figure Kibito Kai's power level.

As many of you know, Supreme Kai claimed to be 1000 times stronger than Frieza. Giving him a power level of 120 billion. The fusion earrings multiply the power of the two users together. The new thing I learned, is that in Kibito's bio in Daizenshuu 7 it says that he could put up a good fight against Gohan if Gohan didn't turn into a Super Saiyan. We can all agree I'm sure, base form Gohan is greater than or equal to Supreme Kai. Therefore, Kibito's power level is at least 120 billion.

So, Kibito Kai's power level is the product of Supreme Kai's power, (120 billion) and Kibito's power level (at least 120 billion) which is at least 14 sextillion 400 quintillion. And Old Kai said that he was so weak compared to Ultimate Gohan that he would just get in the way against Super Buu. This heavily supports what I've said for years that power levels continue to grow at the same batshit crazy rate throughout the entire series, just like they do in the Saiyan-Frieza sagas.