10+ Year Old Account
    GT also had poor art design

I just finished bringer of death. It falls short during the Android Saga. I guess they took a page from honor trip with putting so much emphasis on how innocent the current time line androids were (they did not kill anyone other than gero) also some out of character moments for Vegeta even his more evil self. It managed to recover in my mind in this weeks chapter with the introduction of everyone's favorite perfectionist.

Honor trip is still not a very good fan fic

10+ Year Old Account
    My DVR stopped taping right before they fought Baby and picked up during the Shadow Dragon Saga, but from what I have to go on, I agree that GT is not as good as DBZ. Kid Goku just does not interest me and I don't really understand why they did it that way. Pan is annoying and weak, and from what I've seen this timeline's Trunks will never be as awesome as Mirai Trunks, nor even as useful as he was during the Buu Saga.

10+ Year Old Account
    If GT had Pan as the main character (like kid pan from the end of Z, the scrappy promising fighter not the annoying do nothing in GT) with kid goku kinda tagging along for the ride, not fighting unless he had too because at that point NOTHING could stand up to him.

Pan should have SSJ down and working on SSJ2, outclassing goten and trunks. hell have and fight between the 3 with Pan taking them both down. Bra should have been a fighter as well, A sayian vegeta would be pround to train unlike the lazy ass trunks. They could have done something to have them as rivals (like goku v vegeta).

SSJ4 could have been vegeta only. His answer to SSJ3. A storyline with bulma working on Sayian DNA could give her the idea of going SSJ while in oozaru would lead to a power that rivals a SSJ3.

Mystic gohan should have a larger role. If i remember correctly He is the strongest being alive, followed by SSJ3 Goku, Vegeta and Uub.

The uub / buu fusion was also wasted. that should have been a power that dwarfs a SSJ3.

Piccolo's role got reduced to nothing. All the old characters should have a hand in training Pan and Bra. Piccolo should be the las non-sayian trainer because only vegeta outclass his skill in combat.

GT had the ideas but terrible executions.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

GT for me had some pretty good ideas on paper, it just didn't translate well into the final product.

Baby =/= Hatchiyack
    Possessing Vegeta, I mean makes sense as he's the prince of all saiyans, but Vegeta going bad so over done.

Super 17
    More androids, like idk androids are well over done for me, having two identical beings fuse into a different looking android... (aliensguynamekiansmeme)

Shadow Dragons were actually kinda cool, there lore/ story could use some work, I didn't like the negative aspect to the core items of the series. They've always been a source for motivation, hope, inspiration in the series. Then to toss them into an evil mess, didn't sit well with me. Some of the designs for the dragons look rather lazy...

Also too much focus on Goku, making him a kid was dumb.
    Super Saiyan 2, pretty much non-existent.
    Goten, Trunks, Gohan, Uub should have played bigger roles... Goku gets all the major kills...
    Super Saiyan 4, shouldn't be a branch of super saiyan its more of a combat form Ozaru, atleast this would give credence to not being able to ss3 but able to ss4

Things GT could have done and should have done...

- Adult Gotenks.
    - SS4 Gotenks
    - SS4 Gohan

- Dragons and Makaioshins make the best for villains as dbz had already beaten the strongest fighters in the universe in the living realm. Even in dbz Dabura takes the forefront as one of the strongest villains which should have set a trend for GT... Not androids being made stronger and stronger... Cell should have been the ultimate android, no other should match up to the advancement in android technology.

10+ Year Old Account

In regards to the SS2 Vegeta debate....

"Both the Daizenshuu and Dragon Ball: Super Exciting Guide character profiles state that Vegeta was awakened to his Super Saiyan 2 form by means of extensive training in between the Cell and Buu arcs, which assures that Vegeta did indeed achieve this transformation through training."

I'm also pretty positive Vegeta is SS2 against kid buu and super buu. As he would not be strong enough to survive against them. Although the anime does not distinguish ss2 very well for Vegeta. You can't ultimately cite this as evidence of not being ss2. Even times during the battle against gohan and cell, inbetween frames and face shots of Gohan showed no lightning, regular hair (his bangs), different auras and hair colour variants. The anime isn't overly consistent and has its share of errors.

With that said maybe someone more into the manga has some evidence of Vegeta's use of ss2 during kid buu/ super buu arcs.

Edit:
    After consulting my friend lightning is present in the manga during fights with super buu (before vegito fusion) and during the fight with kid buu. I'm pretty sure he's ss2 in the fights in the anime, its just a consistency error which frequents the anime.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-11-29 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    SS 2 was never drastically different from ss1, i mean look at the diff between goku's ss1 and ss1 almost no real difference

dont forget that in the broly movie (its stated gohan is a ss2 when he fights broly) but he does not really look it.

I totally agree with what's being said about Gt. Such amazing concepts wasted. I would of loved to see Pan as the center character in GT with Goku taking more of a master role and training her. The dragonball universe could really use a strong SSJ female I think. It would of at least been new territory to explore compared to antics of Goku in his childhood(Dragonball) all over again but in space. Would of been fun to see Goku push Pan into the various SSJ forms through making her fight and training her over the course of their journey.

Also on the whole Vegeta thing. I'm pretty sure we've determined in this thread before that the presence of lightning does not necessarily mean SSJ2. It's an increase size of the aura (edited out hair and size increase since it happened to Vegeta before he was SSJ2). I think the lightning is more of a sign a character has pretty much raised their power level to the max or just a cool effect.

I watched that fight again, since last time I had just woken up when I made that post. He definitely goes SSJ2 in it, the signs are their occasionally. Like whenever he goes to fire a blast at Buu his aura just explodes out. I kinda ran through the clip quickly the first time and missed some stuff because I was in a hurry. I also ran Majin Vegeta Vs goku on my TV and Vegeta vs Kid Buu on my monitor at the same time(epic). No difference in vegeta's aura, body size, and hair and he was definitely SSJ2 against Goku. So in the anime at least I'm definitely going with he goes SSJ2 against kid Buu. I've never read the actual manga before sadly.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-29 at 05:20 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    If GT had Pan as the main character (like kid pan from the end of Z, the scrappy promising fighter not the annoying do nothing in GT) with kid goku kinda tagging along for the ride, not fighting unless he had too because at that point NOTHING could stand up to him.

Pan should have SSJ down and working on SSJ2, outclassing goten and trunks. hell have and fight between the 3 with Pan taking them both down. Bra should have been a fighter as well, A sayian vegeta would be pround to train unlike the lazy ass trunks. They could have done something to have them as rivals (like goku v vegeta).

SSJ4 could have been vegeta only. His answer to SSJ3. A storyline with bulma working on Sayian DNA could give her the idea of going SSJ while in oozaru would lead to a power that rivals a SSJ3.

Mystic gohan should have a larger role. If i remember correctly He is the strongest being alive, followed by SSJ3 Goku, Vegeta and Uub.

The uub / buu fusion was also wasted. that should have been a power that dwarfs a SSJ3.

Piccolo's role got reduced to nothing. All the old characters should have a hand in training Pan and Bra. Piccolo should be the las non-sayian trainer because only vegeta outclass his skill in combat.

GT had the ideas but terrible executions.
    Um, yeah, all this.

Majuub should have been damn near unstoppable. Piccolo helping to train Pan just makes sense given his connection to Gohan. Mystic was wasted, but that kind of started near the end of DBZ. I didn't really like the idea of what was basically an artificial SSJ4. Plus, it was just some random deus ex machina, because as far as I remember, there was no mention of whatever those things were that are midichlorians that turned him into Ozuru or whatever (yeah, I only watched it once years ago, sue me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Intresting, i always thought Vegeta was SS1 till he went Majin to pick up a power increase to fight goku (essentially making him SS2), and then he kept the power increase so he was SS2 when fighting Kid Buu.

The Baby Saga pretty much killed GT for me cuz nothing bloody happened for the good first bit of it, then Baby took over Vegeta instead of Gohan.
    I don't mind Uub being a bit underwhelming in the Baby Saga cuz i believed fusing with Buu put him back at the Strenght of Kid Buu which i believed to be more then SS3 but still short to beat Baby Vegeta, although i wouldve liked a bigger role for him in the rest of the series cuz he goes from the end of DBZ wheres he's like omg new earth savior to, guy who survives a bit longer then Yamcha.

I didn't like Pan either, mostly the lack of SSJ and i found her character to be annoying and distracting at most times.

I don't mind Vegeta going SS4 with a machine, even though its a bit on the lame side i do felt he deserved to be on par with Goku b4 the end of the series.

edit: i also totally forgot the worst part about GT WE NEVER GET TO SEE VEGETA SSJ WITH MUSTACHE!
    Last edited by Ðemonhuntr; 2012-11-29 at 06:18 AM.

haha the midichlorians (dunno how to spell so just spelled it like you) are from star wars. I don't remember what they were in dbgt either though.. some sort of moon light waves that they amplified. It really shouldnt be ss4 but Super Monkey 1 or 2 (golden monkey is just monkey or super monkey 1? I dont know)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    i also totally forgot the worst part about GT WE NEVER GET TO SEE VEGETA SSJ WITH MUSTACHE!
    I wonder if it turns red with SSJ4

lulz blutz waves, I like the idea of midichlorens better tho lol'd.

Yeah, Pan should have gone atleast Super Saiyan.

Super Saiyan 4 shouldn't even be considered part of the super saiyan transformation linage. It's more of a Ozaru transformation linage.
    I feel like because of it's other strength and power when compared to super saiyan states that there should be more a restraint or draw back to using it.
    Pretty much once this forms discovered ss2-ss3 are pointless because they're not needed to achieve the form nor as strong as it. All saiyans would assume this form over furthering super saiyan forms.

BrB using the dragonballs to wish all saiyans had a tail
    BrB everyone get infront of hte blutz wave machine.
    BrB everyone SS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Duncanîdaho;19259656]
    I totally agree with what's being said about Gt. Such amazing concepts wasted. I would of loved to see Pan as the center character in GT with Goku taking more of a master role and training her. The dragonball universe could really use a strong SSJ female I think. It would of at least been new territory to explore compared to antics of Goku in his childhood(Dragonball) all over again but in space. Would of been fun to see Goku push Pan into the various SSJ forms through making her fight and training her over the course of their journey.
    I would have watched the fuck out of this. I strongly agree with the need for a strong female SSJ in the DB universe.

Also on the whole Vegeta thing. I'm pretty sure we've determined in this thread before that the presence of lightning does not necessarily mean SSJ2. It's an increase size of the aura (edited out hair and size increase since it happened to Vegeta before he was SSJ2). I think the lightning is more of a sign a character has pretty much raised their power level to the max or just a cool effect.

I watched that fight again, since last time I had just woken up when I made that post. He definitely goes SSJ2 in it, the signs are their occasionally. Like whenever he goes to fire a blast at Buu his aura just explodes out. I kinda ran through the clip quickly the first time and missed some stuff because I was in a hurry. I also ran Majin Vegeta Vs goku on my TV and Vegeta vs Kid Buu on my monitor at the same time(epic). No difference in vegeta's aura, body size, and hair and he was definitely SSJ2 against Goku. So in the anime at least I'm definitely going with he goes SSJ2 against kid Buu. I've never read the actual manga before sadly.
    Case solved.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post

BrB using the dragonballs to wish all saiyans had a tail
    BrB everyone get infront of hte blutz wave machine.
    BrB everyone SS4.
    We eagerly await pics of your transformation. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember we discussed this earlier in the thread, but for the benefit of those who never played the first DBZ Budokai game...

dat dragon radar loading screen

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 06:43 PM ----------

poor cell.... he even has the perfect nightmares

wow i just realized i REALLY dont remember ANYTHING from gt except for pan and kid goku O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552