Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    And Simon the Digger is still the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    hey lucious. Did you know, some things are fiction? I did.
    I don't get your point.

I don't get your point.
    She means you take these things way too seriously and back your "facts" up with numbers you pull from your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    She means you take these things way too seriously and back your "facts" up with numbers you pull from your ass.
    My numbers aren't pulled from my ass. I cite specific sources for all the numbers I use, and they can be verified quite easily using a calculator. And I'm not taking this that seriously. Writing a blog for 4 hours is my idea of a good time. Though I'm also the sort of person that enjoys learning a new programming language, so I'm not exactly the be all end all authority on what's fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My numbers aren't pulled from my ass. I cite specific sources for all the numbers I use, and they can be verified quite easily using a calculator. And I'm not taking this that seriously. Writing a blog for 4 hours is my idea of a good time. Though I'm also the sort of person that enjoys learning a new programming language, so I'm not exactly the be all end all authority on what's fun.
    but you're apparently the end all authority on what's right in a fictional battle with fictional people. Because you know, everyone is so wrong but you right

do you see why people think everything you say is bull shit yet or do I need to go in vivid detail and start using the word sextillion

but you're apparently the end all authority on what's right in a fictional battle with fictional people. Because you know, everyone is so wrong but you right

do you see why people think everything you say is bull shit yet or do I need to go in vivid detail and start using the word sextillion
    I don't know why you're harassing me. I even credited Death Battle where I believed them to be correct. Using Dr. Gero's bomb to calculate Goku's durability at a power level of 32k is absolutely brilliant and something I never would have thought of.

And no, I know I don't know everything there is to know about fictional battles. There are many fictional characters I've never even heard of, just in American comics alone. It's why I always strive to learn more.

10+ Year Old Account

some1 obviously has not read the pecking order on page 1

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to have a discussion, feel free, but pointless arguing is not the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    DBZ is awesome. Goku is awesome. I like Dragon Ball more than most DC Comics (though the best Superman stories trump most anime, DBZ included). Long live Dragon Ball.

That out of the way, Superman would totally kill Goku in a Death Battle. I haven't seen one argument to the contrary (no, not even on here, and yes I lurk and I read) that is credible, but plenty of what even I did way back when I thought Goku would easily win: attribute a bunch of feats and stats to Goku he has never proven to possess. There's no logical way to phrase "well Goku should theoretically be this because of how he becomes stronger after each loss, right?" and get to a stable frame of reference.

That's not even going into the ridiculousness of something in Dragon Ball that has always bothered me: the fragility of planets. Do you know how hard it would honestly, truly be to blow up the Earth? Like the real world Earth we're standing on (or, if you're in the ISS, orbiting)? We're on a hunk of iron that has survived events that would wipe out our entire species many times over; there is no damn way a Dragon Ball character should be able to destroy a planet with an energy beam, but still fear being blasted into the sun. Unless planets in the DBZ universe are just super fragile for some reason.

Superman wins, in that scenario. And that's key here: according to Death Battle's rules (including removing inhibitions that keep competitors from killing), Superman wins. And by those rules, Akuma beats Shang Tsung, Leonardo beats the rest of the TMNT, and a lowly Goomba and Koopa Troopa kill each other in a surprisingly brutal draw. And it isn't because of the animation: as has been stated by Death Battle's creators multiple times, the animation is purely for kicks and giggles. It's ultimately irrelevant; for funsies, so Team Four Star fans get to see the usual reaction to Kaioken, so DBZ fans smile when Goku doesn't think twice in blasting Superman into the Sun, when Superman heat visions a bunch of homing ki blasts, etc. No, it's because of the rules and the measure of abilities put Superman waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Goku. It's a mismatch for Goku, even with very liberal interpretations of his overall power. And if we're going to do ascended DBGT Goku vs. DC 1,000,000 Supes, well, that's not what Death Battle is about.

Why even be mad? I think Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon is a better character than Goku. Golly I guess I better defend Hiccup's ability to beat Goku in a fistfight? It's nonsensical. Death Battle is about the analysis of who'd win a freakin' Death Battle, and nothing more. Hell if I wrote a Superman vs. Goku scenario, it'd be a mind-controlled Superman fighting a Goku who just barely wins because of Goku's fighting ability and some shred of Supes fighting the mind control. And then they'd be like best buddies, with Goku pestering Superman to spar, and Superman always holding back. Because Superman's power isn't why Superman is a great character nor why he has some amazing stories told about him (Kingdom Come, Red Son, etc.); it's because of what he holds back, because for all his power he wants peace and justice. And Goku's a great character because of his infectious tenacity and heart, a story of the traditional zen martial artist on crack because flying and energy beams and cosmic tyrants who can blow up planets are cool and junk.

Bleh, ramble over. Back to lurking. Have the Horde and Alliance finally become one faction yet?

Warning: No need to bring religion into anything
    I have a question for you. Have you read my blog? I ask because if you still disagree with me I wish to know what parts of my argument you feel are incorrect. Maybe there's something I missed, or a way that I can improve them.

Oh, and no DBZ/GT character ever dies strictly from the sun. In the cases of Cooler/Broly/Baby, they die from hitting the sun at FTL speeds and then being crushed between it and a kamehameha wave. Basically a hammer and anvil effect where they're taped to the front of the hammer head. I hope that analogy makes sense.

And I'd like to go on record saying I'm not mad. In fact I delight in this sort of thing, and if Goku had won the Death Battle I probably wouldn't have even come on the mmo-champion to post about it. I'd have just played Dungeons and Dragons Online all day until it was time to go meet my gaming group for D&D.

Laurcus let me give birth to your babies!

And to post some actual dbz related, Any ideas when the new DBZ abridged is out? Cell saga being my favourite saga i just cant wait for TFS's version of it.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Laurcus let me give birth to your babies!

And to post some actual dbz related, Any ideas when the new DBZ abridged is out? Cell saga being my favourite saga i just cant wait for TFS's version of it.
    I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's soon. I'm dying to see how they'll handle Piccolo's fusion with Kami... among other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I have no idea, but I'm hoping it's soon. I'm dying to see how they'll handle Piccolo's fusion with Kami... among other things.
    It's probably going to be a while before we see that, but Future Trunks should be coming up soon. I'm looking forward to that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 04:48 PM ----------

If anyone wants my full thoughts on the Goku vs Superman thing, I made a blog on screwattack.com to tell them how wrong they are.
    http://www.screwattack.com/news/goku...battle-screwed

Oh, and btw, the sun does not put out infinite energy. It puts out 4.26 metric tons of kinetic energy per second. And it can be destroyed.
    Thank you. I hope one of the creators takes the time to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It's probably going to be a while before we see that, but Future Trunks should be coming up soon. I'm looking forward to that.
    True. But honestly, if they're anything like seasons 1 and 2, and most of the movies, it'll be worth it, no matter how long it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    To clarify: had Goku won I would have been okay with that too. I'm more for the theory of the Death Battle than the strict picking of a side.

I did read your blog, and commented on it there, and I'll sum up what I said here if you like: just because measurements were taken doesn't mean power levels (i.e., Scouter power levels) are somehow being acknowledged as valid. One system of measurement was rejected by Ben and Chad based on it being inconsistent and unclear-at-best, and they opted for another measurement based on established feats; that doesn't mean the first system is somehow valid. Scouter power levels aren't a sound measurement; basing anything on them is heresay, anecdotal evidence at best.
    Well, I'm not really basing most of my stuff off power levels from scouters. A lot of it is character statements like Goku saying that Vegeta got at least 3 times stronger from training in the Time Chamber, or Goku saying that General Rilldo is 5x stronger than Buu.

And I do understand that some people feel power levels are irrelevant, but one thing I've tried to demonstrate with my blog, (I replied to you in the comments btw, basically saying the same thing) is that the Death Battle guys dismiss power levels out of hand and then use them by proxy via including Super Saiyan multipliers. I truly don't see a difference in practical theory between Goku getting 50x stronger through a transformation, as opposed to to getting 6x times stronger through training. And I feel that even barring power levels, they failed to include verifiable non-transformation related power increases.

Also, it's kind of difficult to justify GT Goku being just as strong as Cell saga Goku, when one got demolished by Perfect Cell as a Super Saiyan, and the other demolished Super Perfect Cell in base form. I just feel like they don't ever look at the big picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm not really basing most of my stuff off power levels from scouters. A lot of it is character statements like Goku saying that Vegeta got at least 3 times stronger from training in the Time Chamber, or Goku saying that General Rilldo is 5x stronger than Buu.

And I do understand that some people feel power levels are irrelevant, but one thing I've tried to demonstrate with my blog, (I replied to you in the comments btw, basically saying the same thing) is that the Death Battle guys dismiss power levels out of hand and then use them by proxy via including Super Saiyan multipliers. I truly don't see a difference in practical theory between Goku getting 50x stronger through a transformation, as opposed to to getting 6x times stronger through training. And I feel that even barring power levels, they failed to include verifiable non-transformation related power increases.

Also, it's kind of difficult to justify GT Goku being just as strong as Cell saga Goku, when one got demolished by Perfect Cell as a Super Saiyan, and the other demolished Super Perfect Cell in base form. I just feel like they don't ever look at the big picture.
    they picked and choosed what they wanted. not the end result. they used all of the most recent superman info

and picked and choosed from goku

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 01:46 AM ----------

as for the next abridged I cannot wait. we got 2 things between 30 and 31

so they are not being lazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Laurcus, Your knowledge of DBZ is scary sometimes O.o

Deleted
    Guys.

How much calories do Saiyans need to maintain themselves daily?

I know it must be an immense amount but... yeah.

Guessing around 20k per day or more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if we want to go all out for DBZ calculations, why don't we just use the high end feats for Superman as well? Surprise, surprise the Death Battle didn't even use the highest examples of Superman's power!

Off the top of my head Superman has withstood the energy required to destroy a quarter of our entire galaxy, managed to hold a black hole in his hands and even escaping the gravitational pull of two collapsed black holes!

With regards to strength, Buu Saga Goku had issues with 40 tons. Taking the 4000 multiplier for SSJ4 and increasing his power by 100 (extra training since then then) for the heck of it we still only equate to 16 million tons. Hardly a threat to Superman.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention, highest Superman speed feat that I am aware of is Earth to Alpha Centauri in 5 seconds. A bit ridiculous I know.
    Last edited by Zenny; 2013-01-12 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    Off the top of my head Superman has withstood the energy required to destroy a quarter of our entire galaxy, managed to hold a black hole in his hands and even escaping the gravitational pull of two collapsed black holes!
    On the other hand LSSJ Broly destroyed whole galaxy which in DB universe=quarter of the universe and Broly is a fly compared to SSJ4 goku. Am i missing something here?

why dont people ever look at how fast gotenks was to get a feel for gokus speed? he flew around the world quite quickly after fusing the first time.