Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    I always thought the reason the bullet bounced off of Goku was because he's a saiyan, tough skin and what not.
    The higher physical attributes of Saiyans though have also been shown as higher power levels. So that would be inconsistent with what we know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The higher physical attributes of Saiyans though have also been shown as higher power levels. So that would be inconsistent with what we know.
    i dont know if any of the stronger dragon ball humans were bullet proof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i dont know if any of the stronger dragon ball humans were bullet proof
    Roshi and Krillin were shown as bulletproof, though their PL was higher than 10 at the time of their shooting.

Power levels are their own unit of measurement. We don't know exactly what they mean, but we do have some benchmarks.

5 = Normal human.
    10 = Bulletproof and able to lift a small car over your head.
    110 = 300+ ton strength, (this may in fact not be an upper limit)
    180 = Enough force to destroy the Earth's moon.
    5,000 ~ 13,018 MPH in flight speed.
    18,000 = Enough force to destroy the Earth. (possibly several times over)
    90,000 = Faster than light.
    Somewhere over 900,000,000 = enough force to destroy a quarter of the universe.
    Somewhere over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 = enough force to shatter dimensions and destroy the multiverse.

The above data suggests an exponential scaling for power levels.
    My god where are you getting these numbers from!

Power levels are their own unit of measurement. We don't know exactly what they mean, but we do have some benchmarks.

5 = Normal human.
    10 = Bulletproof and able to lift a small car over your head.
    110 = 300+ ton strength, (this may in fact not be an upper limit)
    180 = Enough force to destroy the Earth's moon.
    5,000 ~ 13,018 MPH in flight speed.
    18,000 = Enough force to destroy the Earth. (possibly several times over)
    90,000 = Faster than light.
    Somewhere over 900,000,000 = enough force to destroy a quarter of the universe.
    Somewhere over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000 = enough force to shatter dimensions and destroy the multiverse.

The above data suggests an exponential scaling for power levels.
    So, basically, what you're saying is you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making stuff up based on an arbitrarily decided system of measuring someone's capabilities?

Just spouting out numbers doesn't really make any sense. There's no units of measurement.

But, something slightly related to this nonsense unit of determining one's strength. According to this chart, Superman has a power level of over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000. I guess that solves the Goku vs Superman debate, doesn't it?
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2013-02-05 at 03:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Power_Levels

The official ones are either from the manga or the Daizenshuu 7.

5 was Raditz's scouter reading of the farmer.
    10 was Goku's PL on the very first episode (where he was shot in the forehead and picked up a small car)
    180 was Roshi's when he blew up the moon.
    5000 was Vegeta's reading on Goku when Goku was heading to the battle
    18000 was Vegeta attempting to blow up the Earth.
    The last two are rough estimates of Broly's and Super Buu's (w/ Gohan) PLs

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 07:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    So, basically, what you're saying is you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making stuff up based on an arbitrarily decided system of measuring someone's capabilities?
    How is taking stuff directly from source material making stuff up?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    How is taking stuff directly from source material making stuff up?
    It's just spouting numbers. There's no cohesion.

But, something slightly related to this nonsense unit of determining one's strength. According to this chart, Superman has a power level of over 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000. I guess that solves the Goku vs Superman debate, doesn't it?

No. We dont know Goku's strength by the end of GT, and we dont know Super mans exact strength. Besides, super man is in my opinion a stupid character made to never be able to fail. Even through all the super things he does, that seems quite unrealistic and unreal to me.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 04:31 AM ----------

It's just spouting numbers. There's no cohesion.
    how is he spouting numbers?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    No. We dont know Goku's strength by the end of GT, and we dont know Super mans exact strength. Besides, super man is in my opinion a stupid character made to never be able to fail. Even through all the super things he does, that seems quite unrealistic and unreal to me.
    Superman punched through reality, breaching and combining two separate universes. That sounds pretty damn close to those numbers you guys are throwing around.

Superman punched through reality, breaching and combining two separate universes. That sounds pretty damn close to those numbers you guys are throwing around.
    We dont know if he barely managed to do that by using 100% of his maximum strength, or if he could've done better easily.

It too late for me to do thinking beyond a 5 year olds capabilities at the moment, but iirc Buu started tearing dimensions apart purely from his anger when he got beaten by vegito, and then vegito stopped that fairly painlessly. I dont know how SS4 GT goku compares to vegitos PL at that point, but i wouldn't be surprised if its fairly close if not higher.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    We dont know if he barely managed to do that by using 100% of his maximum strength, or if he could've done better easily.

It too late for me to do thinking beyond a 5 year olds capabilities at the moment, but iirc Buu started tearing dimensions apart purely from his anger when he got beaten by vegito, and then vegito stopped that fairly painlessly. I dont know how SS4 GT goku compares to vegitos PL at that point, but i wouldn't be surprised if its fairly close if not higher.
    So what you're saying is...Goku is potentially stronger than that? Thanks for making my point for me.

Also, sounds like Buu was enraged. There was no higher thought. He was incoherent and couldn't focus his strength and that's probably why Goku was able to beat him. Not because he was stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is...Goku is potentially stronger than that? Thanks for making my point for me.

Also, sounds like Buu was enraged. There was no higher thought. He was incoherent and couldn't focus his strength and that's probably why Goku was able to beat him. Not because he was stronger.
    Buu was enraged because he couldn't beat Vegito.

10+ Year Old Account

The version of Buu that ripped the time-space whatever holes in the universe was a different from than the one that ultimately died. The first version had already absorbed some people and gotten much stronger than any of his other forms. The big blob of childish Buu was the weakest form, because it had absorbed a benevolent god (for lack of a better explanation) that actually weakened him. The last version, Kid Buu, was the one Goku killed with the Spirit Bomb. While I'm not sure if current power affects how powerful the Spirit Bomb is, Goku wasn't in his best form when he pulled it off. He was weak from fighting and couldn't use Super Saiyan 3.

Buu was enraged because he couldn't beat Vegito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The version of Buu that ripped the time-space whatever holes in the universe was a different from than the one that ultimately died. The first version had already absorbed some people and gotten much stronger than any of his other forms. The big blob of childish Buu was the weakest form, because it had absorbed a benevolent god (for lack of a better explanation) that actually weakened him. The last version, Kid Buu, was the one Goku killed with the Spirit Bomb. While I'm not sure if current power affects how powerful the Spirit Bomb is, Goku wasn't in his best form when he pulled it off. He was weak from fighting and couldn't use Super Saiyan 3.
    I'll grant you that but

Did Goku ever break any dimensions? I think not. Just because he was able to kill someone doesn't mean he had a stronger power level. Arya Stark killed adult size men on her own and she's a small, mousish child.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll grant you that but

Did Goku ever break any dimensions? I think not. Just because he was able to kill someone doesn't mean he had a stronger power level. Arya Stark killed adult size men on her own and she's a small, mousish child.
    Why would Goku want to break dimensions? However, Gotenks was able to break through the alternate dimension in the Hyperbolic time chamber by yelling real loud.

As for Arya, all fights in Dragon Ball are determined by strength, or occasionally by regeneration.

Why would Goku want to break dimensions? However, Gotenks was able to break through the alternate dimension in the Hyperbolic time chamber by yelling real loud.
    The Hyperbolic time chamber is a pocket dimension though and therefore weaker than normal dimensional walls.

I'll grant you that but

I legit facepalm when I read this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could argue breaking the dimensions was something that only Buu could do. However, Piccolo and Gotenks manage to do the same when Buu breaks out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and Piccolo and Gotenks remained stuck in there (and with the entrance destroyed, they would be trapped forever).

Other than some special abilities, pretty much any move done in the show is actually based on power level.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    The show. 5 Is the power level of the farmer on Raditz's scouter. Future Trunks also had a reading of 5 when he was suppressed. Goku in the first episode of Dragon Ball had a power level of 10 according to the Daizenshuu, and during that episode Bulma shoots him in the face and he picks up Bulma's car. Goku drags a huge boulder during his training with Master Roshi, (smaller boulders in real life weigh closer to 600 tons, 300 is just a conservative estimate) and Goku is beaten by Mercenary Tao, who has a PL of 110. Roshi destroys the moon with his kamehameha wave, which has a power level of 180 according to the Daizenshuu. 5,000 was Goku's power level when he flew across Snake Way in 27-28 hours. Assuming Snake Way is straight that's 13,018 MPH. Obviously Snake Way is not straight, hence me using the approximate symbol instead of an equal sign. Vegeta has a PL of 18k when he threatened to destroy the Earth. Goku can sense energy and he took the threat seriously. Vegeta also destroys Arlia, so that's confirmed in my book. 90,000 Is Goku's PL when he fights the Ginyu Force. By basic logic he had to have been moving faster than light, because he was clearly phasing through their attacks, not dodging them. Broly destroys a quarter of the universe in his movie. A semi official power reading puts Broly at 1.4 billion, but I used 900 mil because based on character statements Goku's power level was at least 900 mil in the Cell saga, and I don't consider V-Jump to be a legitimate authority on power levels, as they have about as much to do with DBZ as Blizzard does with Call of Duty, and Broly is at least as strong as Cell saga Goku. 14.4 Sextillion is the minimum power level for Kibito Kai, and Super Buu, (the one capable of destroying dimensions) is greater than or equal to Kibito Kai, so I use that as a potential minimum. And I know Kibito Kai's power level is at least 14.4 sextillion because of page 63 of the Super Exciting Guide it states that fusion via the earrings multiplies the power levels together of the two people that fuse. Supreme Kai states that he is 1,000 times stronger than Frieza, which puts him at 120 billion because the Daizenshuu confirmed Frieza's power level as 120 million. In his Daizenshuu entry, Kibito is stated to be equal to base form Gohan. Based on the fights in Babidi's space ship, it's safe to assume that base form Gohan is much stronger than Supreme Kai, but I use his power level for Kibito because putting it any higher would be guesswork, so that serves as a minimum. And 120 billion * 120 billion = 14.4 sextillion.

Happy?

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:12 AM ----------

Combining two universes is not the same as destroying a multiverse + heaven and hell, something Super Buu was capable of doing just by applying enough energy. And Super Buu is a trash tier character compared to GT Goku. So that doesn't really help Superman's side in any way. And yes, Goku does actually display the ability to shatter dimensional walls. He does it easily in GT, in his base form. But even if he didn't, it wouldn't matter, because Super Buu wasn't using any kind of special technique, he was basically just powering up. It's something anyone with enough energy could do, since all DBZ character's abilities work the same way. Except Babidi, but wizards don't count.

And I don't appreciate the insinuation that I have no idea what I'm talking about. I know what I know, no more, no less. I don't know everything about DBZ, (god I wish) but I know a great deal more than nothing. And I will continue to analyze the series in an attempt to learn more, regardless of what people like you think.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 06:12 AM ----------

The Hyperbolic time chamber is a pocket dimension though and therefore weaker than normal dimensional walls.
    That is an assumption on your part. Care to back that up with facts?

Telling Laurcus that he doesn't know a thing about DBZ is like telling Buu you ate all of his candies and there are no candies left in the world ..... his anger will shatter dimensions!

On a more serious note, I wonder if the new DBZ movie and rumored continuation of Kai mean they are going to ignore GT and create new version of it ?