Deleted
    Okay something else to mull over:

The grab from behind-attack seems to always get a Saiyan.

They are almost completely helpless. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    This new stuff pleases me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Super Saiyan God... Gief nao plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really hope goku does not go ssgod and just rapes bills

i want bills to put up a fight

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:39 PM ----------

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Saiyan_God

Deleted
    Well, I guess this whole Super Saiyan God thing officially means the end of GT as canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, I guess this whole Super Saiyan God thing officially means the end of GT as canon?
    Not at all. The movie is set in the time between when Buu is defeated and Uub is found at the end of the series. The end of the series is when Uub is found, and GT picks up a few years after that.

If anything, this'll just cause a problem in that there are two possible canon's depending on whether you want to take up GT's canon or the movie canon.

Or it could just be another rainbow Rasengan and not actually mean much.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

10+ Year Old Account
    gt better be taken out

and put out to pasture

and shot

with a tank

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    Or it could just be another rainbow Rasengan and not actually mean much.
    I don't think this is the case. It was stated that this movie was going to be canon for DBZ. The existance of a transformation beyond Super Saiyan 3 that was never mentioned or discovered in GT, and the possibility of Vegeta having achieved SSJ3 (this one isn't confirmed yet, hence why it's only a possibility) kinda invalidates GT, even as an alternate timeline. Pan and Uub would still exist as canon since they're part of Z. However, at least in my opinion, having a movie such as this one, with a new transformation and a villain that was stated to be "the strongest BEING in the universe", invalidates GT, period. Of course, that's just it: my opinion.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't think this is the case. It was stated that this movie was going to be canon for DBZ. The existance of a transformation beyond Super Saiyan 3 that was never mentioned or discovered in GT, and the possibility of Vegeta having achieved SSJ3 (this one isn't confirmed yet, hence why it's only a possibility) kinda invalidates GT, even as an alternate timeline. Pan and Uub would still exist as canon since they're part of Z. However, at least in my opinion, having a movie such as this one, with a new transformation and a villain that was stated to be "the strongest BEING in the universe", invalidates GT, period. Of course, that's just it: my opinion.
    The rainbow rasengan was a joke :P

Also, where was the statement that the movie was canon? I thought we just assumed that we can qualify it as that because Akira wrote it, whereas he didn't write GT. But if there's an actual official statement declaring the movie canon, that's going to cause quite a few... Interesting adjustments we're going to have to make to Dragon Ball canon. Which'll be fun.

Also, the statement was something along the lines of him being the 'strongest known being in the DBZ universe', iirc. Not just flat out. But I don't have the quote on me and don't really care to find it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Brohoof View Post
    The rainbow rasengan was a joke :P

Also, where was the statement that the movie was canon? I thought we just assumed that we can qualify it as that because Akira wrote it, whereas he didn't write GT. But if there's an actual official statement declaring the movie canon, that's going to cause quite a few... Interesting adjustments we're going to have to make to Dragon Ball canon. Which'll be fun.

Also, the statement was something along the lines of him being the 'strongest known being in the DBZ universe', iirc. Not just flat out. But I don't have the quote on me and don't really care to find it :P
    I thought that by rainbow rasengan you were refering to how movies usually have silly stuff that are in no way canon. Such as False Super Saiyan or... well, Rainbow Rasengan

As for the statement, I think it was made at about the same time the movie was announced. It should be SOMEWHERE in this thread... but Kami knows in what page.

And the "strongest being" thing, I'm not sure, I only read it in this thread and never bothered to open the source. I was sure it was stated by Toriyama (or someone else, dunno) that he was the strongest, period. But maybe I'm just wrong and spouting falsehoods

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I thought that by rainbow rasengan you were refering to how movies usually have silly stuff that are in no way canon. Such as False Super Saiyan or... well, Rainbow Rasengan

As for the statement, I think it was made at about the same time the movie was announced. It should be SOMEWHERE in this thread... but Kami knows in what page.

And the "strongest being" thing, I'm not sure, I only read it in this thread and never bothered to open the source. I was sure it was stated by Toriyama (or someone else, dunno) that he was the strongest, period. But maybe I'm just wrong and spouting falsehoods
    It was V-Jump that stated it, and they got it from Toei. And the wording was slightly ambiguous if I recall, as it said strongest being in the DBZ universe. The term DBZ universe doesn't necessarily include GT. The proper term to refer to the entire setting would be Dragon Ball meta series, or the one Toriyama came up with, "The Dragon World".

It could be argued either way, but I feel like based on the wording it means most powerful period. Not most powerful specific to only one series. I feel like the second meaning is more like trying to nitpick the wording to make it say something it doesn't, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It was V-Jump that stated it, and they got it from Toei. And the wording was slightly ambiguous if I recall, as it said strongest being in the DBZ universe. The term DBZ universe doesn't necessarily include GT. The proper term to refer to the entire setting would be Dragon Ball meta series, or the one Toriyama came up with, "The Dragon World".

It could be argued either way, but I feel like based on the wording it means most powerful period. Not most powerful specific to only one series. I feel like the second meaning is more like trying to nitpick the wording to make it say something it doesn't, but that's just me.
    Seems like an odd thing regardless for Akira to completely ignore GT, which was the main reason I think that nitpicking would be viable to assume in the first place, really. I mean, he KNOWS it exists, and that there's a super saiyan 4 in GT (I would hope he knows anyways), so who knows. I unfortunately doubt he'll come out with an official statement on this movie's relation to GT.

Either way, we'll probably figure something out when the movie comes out.

Can anyone tell me what's Vegeta's power level? I mean, the highest he ever achieved (and when that was)

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Can anyone tell me what's Vegeta's power level? I mean, the highest he ever achieved (and when that was)
    Highest directly stated, 250k in the Frieza saga. Based on character statements, he was at an absolute minimum of 450 million in the Cell saga.

Highest theoretical power level would be SS4 at the end of GT, and the actual number would be asinine. When I say asinine, I mean my minimum estimate puts him at 57.6 septillion.

Well the toughest he ever was, was in Majin form against Goku and Fat Buu. He was full SSJ2, and much stronger then Gohan was when he fought cell. As to the actual number, you'd have to ask Laurcus haha. When he died and was brought back without the Majin power, it's not really known for sure if he was stronger or not since his purpose after that was to just take a beating from kid Buu. He seems to maintain his ability to go SSJ2 and probably would of got a nice zenkai boost from his fight with fat Buu, but he also lost the Majin power.

Kid Buu seems to actually have an easier time taking out Fat Buu then Vegeta though in that final fight, which does show that Vegeta is more powerful then Fat Buu to me though. The only reason fat buu beat Vegeta the first time in my opinion is because Vegeta was running out of gas and Buu's regeneration. Vegeta was actually the stronger fighter.

So if you were to rank the individual fighters after the Buu saga before the time skip it would be Mystic Gohan > SSJ3 Goku > Kid buu > Vegeta > Fat Buu where fat buu and Vegeta are about equal.

Edit: Laurcus beat me to it. I also assumed you just meant DBZ. 57.6 septillion eh?

---------- Post added 2013-02-21 at 03:06 PM ----------

What does that even mean?
    I think Genn's saying that Goku has strength of spirit well Vegeta has strength of body. Goku will never give up, ever, or turn down a fight when even Vegeta on occasion has just been like well "Fuck this". On the other hand though Vegeta trained at 400x gravity before he was even a Super Saiyan, Goku only did 100. Not to mention Vegeta took the biggest beating anyone ever took in DBZ at the hands of Kid Buu and still was able to move around. I think that's what Genn's getting at. Vegeta trains 10x as hard as Goku does. As Goku says in the cell saga though, their power isn't just based on how hard they train.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-21 at 08:20 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

sneep
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    snap
    oh wow, thank you both for the elaborate replies ! that's awesome.
    I gotta go back and rewatch Dragon Ball Z, I can't remenber most things past Trunks Killing Freezer.

Anyway, so simply getting a beating isn't the way to raise your power level eh? Is Vegeta's pride what pulls him back?

Also, at the end of Dragon Ball Z, how's his personality? is he still arrogant as he was, say, the first time he fought against Goku?

With this new god information from the movie. Does anyone else ever take a step back and wonder just how the story got here from that first season of original dragonball. It blows my mind sometimes, just at how it's grown and the scale of it now. I get the same feeling when I look at warcraft lore, I guess maybe because it's grown with me?
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

I gotta go back and rewatch Dragon Ball Z, I can't remenber most things past Trunks Killing Freezer.

Anyway, so simply getting a beating isn't the way to raise your power level eh? Is Vegeta's pride what pulls him back?

Also, at the end of Dragon Ball Z, how's his personality? is he still arrogant as he was, say, the first time he fought against Goku?
    I don't think anything's holding Vegeta back per se. He gets stronger, he just doesn't keep up with Goku very well. Goku has a natural talent that Vegeta simply doesn't. As for personality, Vegeta pulls the stick out of his ass after the Cell saga. By the end of the Buu saga him and Goku are total bros.

His pride is his greatest strength and weakness. Vegeta realizes what holds him back while watching Goku start fighting Kid Buu for round 2 after saving his ass again. He always tries to be the most powerful fighter, but thats not what actually truly fuels a saiyan. We see through Goku that what feeds them most and helps them to grow is fighting a battle that seems hopeless. Finding an impossible challenge and overcoming it. Something Vegeta as a master tactician never understood truly until that point. That's what Goku lives for.

Found the exact speech actually.

As for his personality, he comes around. He learns a lot from Goku. He still always keeps the core of his character though, that pride. He wouldn't be Vegeta without it.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-21 at 08:53 PM.

I don't think anything's holding Vegeta back per se. He gets stronger, he just doesn't keep up with Goku very well. Goku has a natural talent that Vegeta simply doesn't. As for personality, Vegeta pulls the stick out of his ass after the Cell saga. By the end of the Buu saga him and Goku are total bros.
    This is very simple yet it makes me understand it.

I'm gonna make a somewhat ridiculous comparison, but it's like in that movie, what's its name... The Black Swam.

One of the ballerinas is very technical, she trains for hours and hours and she has almost perfect skills, yet, she lacks the charisma needed to be the White Swam in the play.

Sorry if that was stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    awesome line
    "it makes me angry just to think about it''

haha, Vegeta at his best - That's a nice find, thanks for putting up that link for us, I had never seen it before.