1. #6641
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  2. #6642
    Awesome moment.

    Who else knew it was Gohan the entire time? I mean, it was totally obvious to me.
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

  3. #6643
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,504
    I think I figured it out when he did the Rock-Paper-Scissors attack. Hard to remember, it was a while ago.

  4. #6644
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

  5. #6645
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Daizenshuu 7: The Evolution of Goku's Power Level.

    Edit: While that picture is hilarious, Genn, it's origins annoy me lol. People that apparently left their eyes at home when they went to see Man of Steel seem to have this idea that Superman and Zod's fight destroyed half the city and killed thousands of people, when in reality no innocent people were harmed and they smashed through like 5 empty buildings and a satellite. #fanboyrage
    Fanboy rage? Man, I remember when you didn't know much about Superman like a year or two ago (I don't remember when it was) and you had to look up stuff to have a Superman vs Goku argument back in the way earlier pages. Have you read up on it since then?

  6. #6646
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985
    fat buu = CCCCCombo breaker eye wise

    - - - Updated - - -


    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  7. #6647
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    Fanboy rage? Man, I remember when you didn't know much about Superman like a year or two ago (I don't remember when it was) and you had to look up stuff to have a Superman vs Goku argument back in the way earlier pages. Have you read up on it since then?
    Yeah, I have. I really like Superman, (the comics are a lot better than the shows, though certain movies are pretty good) but don't get me wrong, DBZ will always be my favorite, and knowing more about Superman has only solidified my opinion that Goku would kick his ass in a fight. It also lets me more easily pick up on bullshit, like when Death Battle said Superman has no limits, (except for, you know, all the times he's died or almost died and been narrowly saved by someone else) or how they tried to mix All-Star Superman into their pre 52 Superman, despite them being different fucking people. Or how they tried to say Superman's striking power was equal to his Infinite Mass Punch, which Superman not only has a really hard time doing, but it nearly fucking kills him and it has a bigger windup time than most DBZ attacks.

    But yeah, that was like 2 years ago. Superman is now just one of the many fictional characters I have learned of in my quest to assimilate all the world's knowledge of fictional characters. My current projects are the Witcher and Metroid series respectively, and holy shit gamecube emulators suck dick.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2013-08-05 at 01:41 AM.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  8. #6648
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985
    I am seeing dbz from the start


    OMG WHO IS THAT HANDSOME FELLOW WITH THE LONG HAIR!

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  9. #6649
    Where are you watching it Genn? Or do you own it?
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 Superclocked | Ripjaws 8GD3 (2x4GB) RAM
    Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 3.5GHz CPU | ASRock Fatality Z97X Killer Intel MOBO
    Corsair HX 650W Gold+ Certified PSU | MS Win 8.1
    ASUS Black 23.6" 1920x1080 2ms Full HD LED Monitor

  10. #6650
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985
    it is an old game from earlier in the thread


    OMG HE KILLED THE FARMER

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  11. #6651
    Moderator Zoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    7,504
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    it is an old game from earlier in the thread
    I remember that. Didn't we stop somewhere around the Cell Saga?

  12. #6652
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I remember that. Didn't we stop somewhere around the Cell Saga?
    OMG ITS PICCOLO!!!! I wonder if he will be friends with this new spiky long haired guy!

    - - - Updated - - -


    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  13. #6653
    Dragon Ball is not so bad, but i prefer One Piece=)

  14. #6654
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Daizenshuu 7: The Evolution of Goku's Power Level.

    Edit: While that picture is hilarious, Genn, it's origins annoy me lol. People that apparently left their eyes at home when they went to see Man of Steel seem to have this idea that Superman and Zod's fight destroyed half the city and killed thousands of people, when in reality no innocent people were harmed and they smashed through like 5 empty buildings and a satellite. #fanboyrage
    Out of interest, When did it say those buildings were empty? Because people died, people definitely died lol,Ofcourse that was the World engine doing that, But in relation to the buildings, I don't remember them saying "the city is empty"
    I love Superman just to clarify lol, And that movie owned, I'm just curious^^

    EDIT: The reason I came to this thread lol, Does anyone have any info on Battle of the Gods English dub? Because I really want to see it, but wanted to watch the dubbed version, rather than either learning Japanese or reading the words:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  15. #6655
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,985


    by zoma

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  16. #6656
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Out of interest, When did it say those buildings were empty? Because people died, people definitely died lol,Ofcourse that was the World engine doing that, But in relation to the buildings, I don't remember them saying "the city is empty"
    I love Superman just to clarify lol, And that movie owned, I'm just curious^^

    EDIT: The reason I came to this thread lol, Does anyone have any info on Battle of the Gods English dub? Because I really want to see it, but wanted to watch the dubbed version, rather than either learning Japanese or reading the words:P
    During the fight in Metropolis, Zod smashes Superman through 5 buildings. You see the inside of two of them, and they're completely empty. It's logical that if the buildings we're shown were empty, the ones we weren't shown are as well. Also, even the Daily Planet people were evacuating before that point, and they're fucking crazy and would literally try to film the apocalypse if they could. Obviously the World Engine killed people, but there's absolutely no evidence that any innocent people died in the Superman vs Zod fight, which is what the internet is readying their pitch forks over.

    Battle of Gods doesn't currently have a release date for English Dub. In fact, it's not even out in Japan on DVD yet, so there aren't even any fan subs on the internet for those of us that don't mind reading.
    Last edited by Laurcus; 2013-08-06 at 05:05 PM.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  17. #6657
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    During the fight in Metropolis, Zod smashes Superman through 5 buildings. You see the inside of two of them, and they're completely empty. It's logical that if the buildings we're shown were empty, the ones we weren't shown are as well. Also, even the Daily Planet people were evacuating before that point, and they're fucking crazy and would literally try to film the apocalypse if they could. Obviously the World Engine killed people, but there's absolutely no evidence that any innocent people died in the Superman vs Zod fight, which is what the internet is readying their pitch forks over.

    Battle of Gods doesn't currently have a release date for English Dub. In fact, it's not even out in Japan on DVD yet, so there aren't even any fan subs on the internet for those of us that don't mind reading.
    SO really, there is no way to prove, or disprove that noone died in the Superman/Zod fight then, We can only make assumptions, Only thing i would argue is if you saw the inside of 2 out of 5 buildings, that's less than half, Plus we only saw a tiny percentage of the inside, so I don't see how it would be safe to assume anything on those statistics:P
    I just want the movie to hurry up and get out on DvD already, need to see it again, Brilliant film, I however am disappointed at the info we have on the sequel Supes deserves his own trilogy without outsiders coming in to steal some limelight:<

    And that sucks about the DBZ film
    Last edited by Gobra; 2013-08-06 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  18. #6658
    Come on Man of Steel wasn't really good... it was okay until they simply started to hit each other into the face for 40 minutes until the movie was over.
    So the combination of Superman and Batman could lead to a better movie because Batman adds more depth and probably a good story to the whole thing. In the end i would prefer a fourth Batman Movie though

    With the current technology i would really like to see a good "real" DBZ movie. Too bad they stopped doing DBZ so early while there are still new storys about Superman & co every week.

    What i also would like to see with current movie tech is a Star Craft movie... but thats another story

  19. #6659
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Come on Man of Steel wasn't really good... it was okay until they simply started to hit each other into the face for 40 minutes until the movie was over.
    So the combination of Superman and Batman could lead to a better movie because Batman adds more depth and probably a good story to the whole thing. In the end i would prefer a fourth Batman Movie though

    With the current technology i would really like to see a good "real" DBZ movie. Too bad they stopped doing DBZ so early while there are still new storys about Superman & co every week.

    What i also would like to see with current movie tech is a Star Craft movie... but thats another story
    Man of steel was really good, It did oustandingly well at the box office before it had even opened worldwide it was the 2nd highest grossing film this year already, But ofcourse opinions don't always agree with the facts, so I can accept that

    I don't think they should do a batman/Superman crossover, But this is really not the correct thread for us to discuss this
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  20. #6660
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    SO really, there is no way to prove, or disprove that noone died in the Superman/Zod fight then, We can only make assumptions, Only thing i would argue is if you saw the inside of 2 out of 5 buildings, that's less than half, Plus we only saw a tiny percentage of the inside, so I don't see how it would be safe to assume anything on those statistics:P
    I just want the movie to hurry up and get out on DvD already, need to see it again, Brilliant film, I however am disappointed at the info we have on the sequel Supes deserves his own trilogy without outsiders coming in to steal some limelight:<

    And that sucks about the DBZ film
    Well, I'm arguing more from a cinematography point of view. As a director, why would you show us the empty insides of several buildings that they smashed into, while secretly having people die off screen in other populated buildings? It literally makes no sense. If Superman killed innocent people there, they'd be showing it, because then the empty buildings would just be misleading, and comparatively, a waste of time.

    Also, if Superman isn't wanted for mass murder in the next movie, it's safe to assume that he wasn't directly responsible for the deaths of any innocent people.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •