10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Just watched the movie with subs... i'm sad to say that it was quite underwhelming.
    80% of the movie is filler/comedy, the animations sometimes look worse than those 15 years ago in DBZ, the fights have some nice 3D effects but in the end they rather look like a videogame than an Anime.

Storywise it all doesnt make sense... SSJ2 Vegeta is suddenly stronger than SSJ3 Goku, all other characters of course dont play a role at all. Mystic Gohan who should be MUCH stronger than Goku and Vegeta fights for something like 1 second and then just stands around like he never fought before. To go SSJ God which is far ahead of SSJ3 you just need 5 Saiyans to hold hands and thats it? Crappy idea. And why does Shenlong know about these things? He is made by Kami / Dende, cant do anything that lies beyond his creators powers and doesnt know more... if Kami/Dende knew about SSJ God and that they just have to hold hands or make some more Saiyan Babies why didnt he tell them before? Sub didnt work for a few seconds when Goku goes back to base form and still is stronger than in SSJ3... then he goes SSJ and fights quite equal to Bills, quite ilogical.

If they really make a series out of it i think i'm just to old now to watch these kind of animes at least if they are similar to the movie.
    Vegeta always gains a power up when he enrages, like all other sayians actually. Seeing bulma being hit made him enrage and his rage fueled his power so he bekame much stronger than SS3 goku for a brief moment. This used to happen with Gohan before he got his potential unlocked like 7 times... gohan is a pussy as he didn't keep on training since cell games so it seems fit that he's weak. Also Goku was able to hold out against Bils after reverting from super sayian god because he's a fucking genius and kept some of that power even in his normal form. Bils states that after experiencing that power(of god) it remained with him even after the actual transformation wore out even if it wasn't full power if you watch it with proper subs. so yeah I'd say watch it with proper subs if you wanna understand the plot .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pfft, who cares about an anime making sense? Skorpionss explained things really well anyway.

And really, the only thing people wanted to see was Vegeta singing and dancing xD

Anyways, I thought the movie was fine. Especially when you understand what is actually happening. Still, I honestly doubt we'll see a new series. At least not a lengthy one.
    well I hope it's a series... or like 4-5 movies at least to explore all the other 11 universes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can definitely see more movies being made. BoG has been fairly huge for FOX and TOEI. I'd love to see the 6 universes above the one Earth is in. Imagine how strong the 1st God of Destruction is if what we saw in the movie was Bils (or however you wish to spell it) only at 70% o.O
    yeah I wonder if bills is the 7th strongest or the 5th... I mean if 1st universe's GoD is stronger or if 12th is stronger... or if there even is an order:P and would be interesting to see how they would even get to those universes(Trunks time machine is a possibility but it needs a way to choose which universe to go to)

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine there would be an order tbh. Probably just basic numerical order lol
    I wonder if the universes are just on top of each other. When Bils & Whis go home, they go somewhere that is above Otherworld, so I assume the higher the status of the God, the higher in the universe they are. So I wonder if the next universe would be above Bils' home? And the one below that could be below DBZ hell? Sod it, now I want either a series or loads more movies to explain all this lol
    I think they are next to each other tbh they are alternatives basically ...

I wonder if there is a Supreme god that created the 12 universes and all the kais and the gods of destruction... like... on top of all these 12 universes there is a secret one where God lives xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    Random, but does anyone know SSJ3 Goku & SSJ2 Vegeta's PL's when fighting Kid Buu? Also, if at all possible - a guess as to what SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta's PLs were in BoG?

I know there's at least one person who can answer my question. First I must summon him though: Laurcus, Laurcus, Laurcus!
    I do recall him figuring out what the minimum PL of Kabito Kai is here. It's 14,400,000,000,000,000,000,000. For other characters, we can only determine minimums. Their actual PLs could be a lot stronger. This is partly because they stop giving power levels, and the strength gains are too inconsistent to predict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random, but does anyone know SSJ3 Goku & SSJ2 Vegeta's PL's when fighting Kid Buu? Also, if at all possible - a guess as to what SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta's PLs were in BoG?

I know there's at least one person who can answer my question. First I must summon him though: Laurcus, Laurcus, Laurcus!
    TBH I don't think there's a way to find out Power levels :P it's all assumption unless it's in one of the Daizenshuu...

also according to http://www.screwattack.com/news/deat...ku-vs-superman Goku's SS4 multiplier is 4000
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-09-14 at 10:37 PM.

Zoma got it spot on. It's not possible to get a perfectly accurate power level. At best you can go off statements and known multipliers to establish a minimum.

Anywho, My thoughts on Battle of Gods: It was pretty awesome, extremely funny and I really liked the fighting. The statement that Bills will sleep for, "about 3 years" seems like an awfully specific length of time... That and the introduction of the 12 universes leaves them a lot of room if they do want to make more DBZ. I choose to believe that is a teaser and that sometime in 2016 we will see more DBZ. PS: Drunk Gohan is a fucking menace.

Deleted
    Ok seems like i'm just to old or not nerdy enough to enjoy the movie. I'm a really big DBZ fan and still love to watch it. But this movie just felt like it was meant for 10-year-olds, sorry. Everything i liked about DBZ being sometimes rather "dark" where the characters are facing the end of the world, people die, sacrifices have to be made, etc just doenst exist in this movie. Its just a parody of DBZ basically.

Darn I was hoping you managed to calculate it. Oh wells, I got my point across without the need of using PLs, but thank you for the response and the responses of everyone else.

I agree, it just didn't feel right as a movie. Doesn't make sense to be a stand alone film. We'll be seeing either a new movie/set of movies or a new series all together revolving around the Gods. The only problem I see is that it would be the most Goku-centered saga/series of all. Since he's the only one who can go SSJ God and that's what you need in order to fight them. So I'm curious to see if they'll (Pls Akira) show Vegeta some love and allow him to go SSJ God as well and fight along side Goku. Considering the scene where he actually landed some good hits on Bils shows that he has the potential.
    Bah, they can just do teh ritual with Vegeta next time. He did tell Goku that next time was his turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Ok seems like i'm just to old or not nerdy enough to enjoy the movie. I'm a really big DBZ fan and still love to watch it. But this movie just felt like it was meant for 10-year-olds, sorry. Everything i liked about DBZ being sometimes rather "dark" where the characters are facing the end of the world, people die, sacrifices have to be made, etc just doenst exist in this movie. Its just a parody of DBZ basically.
    so the god of destruction coming and trying to destroy earth is not dark enough ? and when have there even been sacrifices made? other than raditz fight where goku sacrifices himself and in buu fight where vegeta blows himself up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dbz always had comedy added in.... I mean GOKU BIT FREEZA'S TAIL AND THAT WAS A THING

intense one moment, funny the next, brutal after.

oh and here is kid buu dancing

even hercule was like NOOOO WHY

also buu is sexy!.... in his mind.... ALSO SHE IS TEASING HIM
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-09-15 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    or you know... Vegito gets turned into a jawbreaker and still bitchslaps buu around

10+ Year Old Account

10 minutes of dbz sillyness

lets not forget that cell IS COOOOORRRNNN BREEEAAAADDD

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Battle of the gods is not the first time gohan's been drunk

10+ Year Old Account

id say this joke is... perfect

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, king Kai's Japanese voice actor, oh goooood. Even when king Kai's face is yelling, his voice is still soooo incredibly monotone. Oh gooooooood.

Other than that, I loved the movie ^^ now I demand a new series, damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a new series. Only DBZ can do something like that AFTER DECADES OF NOT BEING MADE

Deleted
    Well, I've just seen Battle of Gods and I have to agree that it would be very weird if they don't come up with a new series or multiple movies. There are just way too many loose ends.

Bills isn't even properly beaten. Bills says he will return to the next party and that he will sleep again for 3 years, seems like that is enough time for the Saiyans to train some more. Then there is Whiz, who is even stronger than Bills and we haven't even seen him in action yet. Also, the multiple universes are a huge opporunity to do new things with the franchise.

Also, if I'm not mistaken all the animations are done by a new team. That is a perfect opportunity for Akira Toriyama to hand over the legacy to a new generation, don't you think? Maybe he doesn't want to work on Dragonball anymore himself but guiding a new generation seems a possibility. Especially since Dragonball is still very popular and this new movie seems to be a big success.

If there's ever a chance for a new series, it's now.

10+ Year Old Account
    May I just say I thought the movie was fantastic.

Moral of the movie, when the God Of Destruction asks you for pudding, YOU GIVE HIM PUDDING.

also, wasabi is the ultimate weapon.

Finally..... it looked like goku could literally breathe in space... like take breaths in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you can talk in space, breathing doesn't seem that impossible anymore

HOLY SHIT that movie. dude that movie. battle of the gods was just the best dbz movie in history. havent watched an anime movie since princess mononoke that i would give 5/5 or 10/10. if you havent watched this movie dude go watch it now no fucking joke go watch the movie.

vegeta was boss.... DONT HIT MY BULMA!!!!( Vegeta surpasses goku about damn time he gets the respect he deserves)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS