The little one is goku from when he was a kid, just well disguised, I mean he still has his power pole! (painted silver!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this, and people saying the japanese names for naruto attacks, bugs the absolute shit out of me. you know there's an english translation, but you gotta go weeb and say it japanese style.
    Because it sounds dumb as shit in english? Not all of them mind you... but some of them have like 3 words in japanese and then it takes half a page to translate it...

Also it depends on what version you watch, but some of the subs don't translate skill names so if you watch those it'll be easier for you to use the japanese names rather than the english ones(heck you might not even know the english ones)
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2015-04-17 at 12:38 PM.

this, and people saying the japanese names for naruto attacks, bugs the absolute shit out of me. you know there's an english translation, but you gotta go weeb and say it japanese style.
    so you want say "One Thousand Birds" for chidori, "Spiralling Sphere" for rasengan, "Turtle Destruction Wave" for kamehameha, "Fist of the World King" for kaioken, etc.?

what I dont get why the english dub translated genkidama to spirit bomb, the german dub didn't translate it and imo genkidama sound better than spirit bomb.
    also "special beam cannon" really? german dub translated it to "Höllenspirale" which roughly means "Hellspirale".

sometimes I don't get what the translators are doing(not just dbz/anime, I mean that in general)

hellspiral can be attributed to christianity in america. Mr. Satan is hercule(which i happen to like better, because satan is a pretty negative thing).

and fist of the world king would be sick... but mostly, things like rasengan don't bother me. it's things like some of pain's ridiculously long named moves, and madara's. it's basically saying a whole sentence in japanese and it's annoying. almighty push sounds better, planetary destruction sounds better.

10+ Year Old Account
    hellspiral can be attributed to christianity in america. Mr. Satan is hercule(which i happen to like better, because satan is a pretty negative thing).

and fist of the world king would be sick... but mostly, things like rasengan don't bother me. it's things like some of pain's ridiculously long named moves, and madara's. it's basically saying a whole sentence in japanese and it's annoying. almighty push sounds better, planetary destruction sounds better.
    Shinra Tensei and Chibaku Tensei are neither long nor do they sound bad.

This isn't really a matter of sticking to the original names because "lol freaking weeaboos", but more the fact that for many people, they just sound better. I mean sure, it's cool to make fun of how our tongues can't seem to pronounce "Makankosappo", but calling it Special Beam Cannon is just cringe worthy.

In any case, it's all just personal preference, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I think some of the names sound better in english, but most of the japanese names are superior. I prefer Spirit Bomb over Genkidama. Raising my hands to the Genkidama just doesn't sound as cool to me. Special Beam Cannon does sound kind of stupid to me though. I also think the names for Pain's attacks in english are pretty decent as well. The only people I think are weeaboo's are the people that automatically ridicule a dub without even seeing it. I can't stand those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'm not a fan of dubs. For anything ranging from anime to games, all the way to TV series, in any language. I like to watch/play everything in whatever its original language is. If I have a choice, I'll watch subbed (or you know, if it's in my own language, with just sound).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

I don't agree that the Naruto Shippuden dub is poor at all. I've seen both the sub and dub several times and it is pretty close. Aside from Naruto's terrible voice I think the dub is pretty decent. If you are talking about the original Naruto dub then I could see what you mean. A lot of people don't realize that a lot of dubs are pretty close, they just blindly make fun of it without seeing it at all. Also Solar Flare doesn't sound that bad, because that is essentially what it is, a flare of light. The dub of FMA Brotherhood is really good as well, which by the way I've seen both dub and sub. I prefer the subs in Bleach and Naruto, but to say that the dub is terrible is a little ridiculous.

ah, ok. wondered why Hecule in english and mr. satan in japanese and german (and yes, in this case I also prefer hercule)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CgTitan5 View Post
    I don't agree that the Naruto Shippuden dub is poor at all. I've seen both the sub and dub several times and it is pretty close. Aside from Naruto's terrible voice I think the dub is pretty decent. If you are talking about the original Naruto dub then I could see what you mean. A lot of people don't realize that a lot of dubs are pretty close, they just blindly make fun of it without seeing it at all. Also Solar Flare make perfect sense, because that is essentially what it is. The dub of FMA Brotherhood is really good as well, which by the way I've seen both dub and sub. I prefer the subs in Bleach and Naruto, but to say that the dub is terrible is a little ridiculous.
    I don't like the english dub much but it's still 9001 times better than the german one...(in naruto's case)

That big green dub that someone linked earlier was hilariously bad. Was that fan made or an actual dub?

I do prefer to watch dubs more so than subs, but if the dub takes to long to come out or sounds horrendous I will watch the sub. Mainly it will always be about personal preference. I have seen many people that prefer the dub of FMA Brotherhood to the sub. I originally watched the sub of Brotherhood because FMA is my favorite anime and I didn't want to wait for the dub to come out. I think the dub and sub for Brotherhood are pretty equal. If you have seen a decent amount of a dub and don't like it, that is perfectly understandable. I am mainly referring to those that hate on a dub just because it's not in japanese. I am still watching Shippuden subbed because I prefer it. Now if only the fillers would end I would be happy. It just left off with Naruto and Sasuke being seemingly killed by Madara.
    Last edited by CgTitan5; 2015-04-17 at 09:06 PM.

Why can't Naruto take notes on the filler from DBZ. They should make a filler where Sasuke and Naruto have to get a drivers license, just like Piccolo and Goku lol. Seriously, I can't stand Naruto fillers or Bleach filler. At least with the Bleach fillers they were somewhat entertaining. I agree, I really prefer Bleach sub over dub. Although Johnny Yong Bosch does a really great job as Ichigo, especially the hollow voice. He also did really well in Trigun in my opinion.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Vegeta doesn't get his moment?

Fucking A.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Eh, I'm not a fan of dubs. For anything ranging from anime to games, all the way to TV series, in any language. I like to watch/play everything in whatever its original language is. If I have a choice, I'll watch subbed (or you know, if it's in my own language, with just sound).
    its one thing to watch tv and movies subbed but video games? thats just redonculous. i aint got time to try and play a game AND try to figure out what the hell someones saying
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

that twist in DBM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So Vegeta doesn't get his moment?

Fucking A.
    All of Vegetas big moments involve him dying. He's the Krillin of Saiyans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    All of Vegetas big moments involve him dying. He's the Krillin of Saiyans.
    At least he isn't the Yamcha of Saiyans.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    yarrrr mateys any streams yet? (water streams so I can sail ofc!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    At least he isn't the Yamcha of Saiyans.
    I don't know who this Yamcha is, but it sounds disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yarrrr mateys any streams yet? (water streams so I can sail ofc!)
    Last edited by Yami; 2015-04-21 at 01:04 PM.