Reporting AFK Bots

Why the hell does no one report anymore?? I remember every AV i used to enter would be filled with "report cave dwellers" and everyone 5 seconds into the match would right click on the cave and report immediately. Now it seems no one can be bothered to take 2 seconds to report and if you ask people to, they start bitching at you and tell you to do it as if 1 report will kick them. Same goes for every other bg...I'm just venting because I just got out of a SotA where there were 3 afk bots sitting at the spawn point and when i asked people to report, they just ignored me. screw those guys though, i decided to not do shit that entire bg too since they're just letting people get away with it.

botting is out of control and Blizzard fails to do anything. Players don't care either.

if only we had an addon to report bots

blizz obviously doesnt give a shit about pvp. (just look at class balance) so there is really nothing you can do about it. I know hella people that have botted ever since they came out around season 2 for anywhere from 1-8 toons that get full gear every season and have never once even been temp banned. Just get over it. you can either ignore or join them... tbh thats all there is to it.

Just a few months ago there was a Mage on my server farming honor on WSG weekend by teleport-hacking himself into our flag room and back to his base. Lots of people reported him via ticket just on that day, yet according to the armory he was never banned (activity feed reported something every day for at least a month).

I guess they just don't care as long as it doesn't interfere with PvE raids. Heck, even the rated stuff was bugged as hell for most of this season, plus wintrading and other exploits, did they ever really do anything about it? So why would they care about non-rated BGs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Uh, I recently got a 24 hour ban on one of my accounts for AFKing in BGs and I don't AFK in BGs. People are stupid as hell with the AFK BG crap. I've seen people countless times use the system to abuse others. I've seen people shit talk a person or 2, spam that they need to be reported, they get reported and booted swiftly with this new system they implemented that autokicks so fucking quickly.

Hell, I've been reported AFK and rec'd the deserter buff IMMEDIATELY. The cow face one gets knocked off but not deserter. Malicious abuse of the system. Perhaps if Blizz did a legitimate system that based its AI on the person's effect dmg/healing... But no. They leave it in the hands of mostly teenagers with crazy hormones. Sound business model there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bots don't sit in caves, AFK players do.

And in strands the only spawn point bots sit at is off the boats in the water because they jump off and swim the whole game.

My brother received a two day ban on both his accounts, he BGs frequently and the only time he afks is for short periods to piss/get a drink, I think they need to ban the right people not people taking quick breaks.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Think if someone get ban instantly after he was AFK on bg its okay and dont care where he was.

Quote Originally Posted by umad View Post
    botting is out of control and Blizzard fails to do anything. Players don't care either.
    they have an automated system that bans for grinding bots, but i have never seen a grinding bot. they're always pvp, afk or gathering bots which the system can not detect

it banned me for grinding mobs in storm peaks friday night. i immediately appealed and was unbanned and when i spoke to a GM they said "yeah, it's automated and detects based on same mob kills per hour" and if it exceeds a pre-set threshhold, it bans you

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Metzies View Post
    Think if someone get ban instantly after he was AFK on bg its okay and dont care where he was.
    shit happens in real life. you go afk in a bg and you get booted automatically and you get the debuff

if i have to take a shit really bad or stay in a bg, i'm gonna go take a shit and let the chips fall where they may

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I stopped playing WoW. Some of you people are just straight up retarded.

From what I've read on these great forums of ours, if a majority report you as AFK, you get insta-booted from the BG. Even if you aren't AFK, even if you're actively fighting. That's garbage, and needs to be fixed. Not everyone can sit at their computer 24/7 like some of you seem to think. There have been many times where I've found a safe place to afk so I could take a leak, get a drink, check on my food cooking, or any number of other reasons.

How about you people stop actively looking for AFK'ers and just BG? Isn't that what you're there for? Or did you actually get in to find AFK'ers? That makes you just as bad as them! One, two, 6 people being AFK in, say, AV isn't going to tilt the battle to your opponent's favor. Hell, they probably have just as many AFK'ers as you do. In WSG I can see it being a problem, since it's much smaller, but still, you have to realize your faction isn't the only one with AFK'ers.

Yes, it's a problem. I understand that completely. But you guys seem to be HUNTING for these people. Report them and move on. If they ARE actually AFK 'botting', then blizzard may or may not do something about it. You have to realize, detecting and banning bots is not anywhere near as easy as you may think. And in all actuality, that hunter, or rogue, or warrior, or whoever is fighting right next to you probably IS a bot, and the guy standing off AFK'ing might just be taking a leak!

Back when I used to actively bot BGs, my healing char would always top the charts for healing, and my chat logs at the end of the day would be full of praise. Some of my DPS chars would top the charts. Lately, botting programs have gotten so sophisticated that they play better than people do. You want to hunt down bots, start reporting the people topping the charts, not the AFK'ers.