I Wanna Be The Guy!

Just posted about this in another thread, and wondered what the rest of you thought of it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_wanna_be_the_guy

I would say it is easily the hardest game ever made, ever. It is also god damn hilarious. What say you?
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-09-11 at 12:58 AM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Oh no... So many bad memories.
    It seems like if you complete that game then you'll come out with a mental disorder, I couldn't even get past the level after Mike Tyson.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc213777db2f View Post
    I have a nuclear bomb. Once I detonate it, I'm shit cause I only got that one.

I made it to the 4th screen before I gave up a long time ago, though I've watched a few people play through the whole game.

Shit's crazy

Its really just muscle memory. You play through a section enough times and your body knows what to do. With enough time anyone can beat it. Its not really difficult in the sense that you need to be aware of what is happening and react accordingly (although I suppose the Dracula fight is by that definition). That being said I've only killed the first 4 bosses out of like 8.

I beat this game on Very Hard once. Took me a very long time. A - very - long - time.

I will never attempt this game on the impossible difficulty. NEVER.

10+ Year Old Account
    A majority of my last year in high school was spent playing that game. I'm still not The Guy, and it's been three years.
    /wrist

Zypherz.

If very hard took a very long time, you will have arthritis in your fingers before you finish impossible difficulty, should you try. Nobody thinks any less of you for fighting the urge. DON'T GIVE IN.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

I'm intrigued. Where can I find said game?

I ragequit that game about 30 minutes after I started it. It's just not worth it unless you're some kind of masochist. I definitely have respect for people who can play all the way through it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I think for your own sanity, I'm going to refrain from telling you. It's not worth it, man.
    I still fight Tyson in my dreams, and that third uppercut gets me, Every. Damn. Time.

But srsly, just google it. =P

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    I don't think i site i got it from is still up, but you should be able to find it on google somewhere. I think technically it's still in beta or something, but the game is complete - no UNINTENDED bugs or glitches (although a shit fuck ton of intended ones....)

The game is hilarious - according to its wikipedia page, it mimics old 8 bit and 16 bit systems, but the funny parts are the places it copies other games - entire screens will be taken from say, the original zelda, megaman, castlevania, mario, etc. The game jokes about how insanely hard it is, and has a discernable sense of humour.

10+ Year Old Account
    finished it once quite some time ago, my favorite screen was the tetris one, so awesome
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    finished it once quite some time ago, my favorite screen was the tetris one, so awesome
    Lies. It's so obvious your lying. Nobody could finish that game and retain a single fond memory of it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 12:22 PM ----------

Also, to those who start it, in case you can't work it out, Z is shoot. You have to shoot save points to save. Also, i think A selects which file you want to play in.

Edit : And shift is jump.

AGAIN EDIT : R is to just restart from last save.

Basically, WATCH OUT. Every time, EVERY TIME, you think you just got past something, there will be one last trick waiting, sometimes two. NEVER GET COMPLACENT. ALWAYS EXPECT SOMETHING TO KILL YOU JUST BEFORE A SAVE POINT. Also, apples ignore the laws of gravity. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-09-11 at 11:28 AM.

Oh god, I may have to try this, though I will fail horribly.

Incidentally Migey, I love your sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Wow, never knew about this game. What a kickass way to pay tribute to the last 20+ years of videogames. Watched a few runs on youtube, looks so insane... not gonna even bother trying hehe.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Thanks Sapho <3

And yeah, you will fail horribly. unless you dedicate an OBSCENE amount of time to this game.

And It's worth trying for a lol Xebu. But i don't blame you

Edit : DAMN YOU MIKE TYSON.

Second Edit : Anyone remember how to beat Mike Tysons third phase?
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-09-11 at 11:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played it a VERY long time ago, only managed to complete it once and most of that was just remembering what happened where with a bit of luck. Urgh though it was stressfull.