Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I started Horde through end of wrath and TBC. But I always yearned to be in those nice looking and comfortable Alliance cities like Stormwind or Ironforge. Horde cities just always seemed cold and barren. Played alli all of wrath and most of cata. I've been getting into the Undead lately though... just need money

Originally I picked Alliance because they were "pretty" and a lot of my friends played Alliance. Now I'm kinda stuck even though I'd like to play Horde...

I thought undead was awesome, plus the lore of the orcs appealed to me. A peaceful race corrupted by the legion fighting to get their honor back.
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".

I looked at the two factions, I remembered how everyone was (and still pretty much are) on a whole 'look at me im evil this makes me awesome!' trip. I diddnt know anything about the horde back then so I though they were bad so I went 'good' alliance. I kind of regret it since from what ive been told horde is way better and I have never been able to get that into horde content.
    Every time I think i'm done with you WoW you just drag me back in...

I played Horde because are they are just clearly the superior faction. I mean, Blizzard obviously caters to Horde more.....

Kidding aside, I probably played both factions quite equally. I played alliance thru vanilla and BC, then went horde for WotlK and Cata. I had to experience both sides of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Horde at heart. I've loved them since the days of WC 2, probably thanks to the awesome Ogre rage sound when they used Bloodlust (making 30-40 of those guys and hearing them all start casting BL = <3333) and I think most of my characters are Horde or started out that way. Currently playing a gnome warrior with a few other characters that are Alliance and it's not really because I want to, more so it's to play with friends. I still have a few characters that are Horde, however, that I play specifically because they are Horde.

Friends play alliance. I'd be horde otherwise. In a heartbeat.

Wow like 80% of the faction choice reasoning is 'because that's what my friend played'. And all this time I thought there was psychology behind it. There goes my theory all Night Elf Hunters are 12 yr olds with Legolas posters in their rooms.

My friends were Alliance so I took upon myself a mission to slay them in BGs as Horde! This was in classic with server only BGs....

Horde, because undeads are so badass

Alliance. M'uru Inspirational Speech, find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the way the horde lore was

When a wild forum troll appears

Wanted to be a Paladin and Horde couldnt be Paladin's in classic so.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bunch of the guys I was stationed with were going to get a guild going on alliance. I was playing other MMOs at the time, but ended up getting into the WoW beta near the end, and really enjoyed it. So I switched to WoW, and rolled a male NE rogue. I much prefer the town layouts on the alliance side vs the horde...Silvermoon and Undercity are a freaking pain to get around in, Thunderbluff is awesome but kind of in the middle of nowhere, and I really don't like what they did to Org.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the story and lore behind the Alliance, they just appeal to my personality more, especailly the Light Wielding races, Humans, Dwarves, and High Elves.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played on Illidan-US first so i chose alliance because of the funeral raid video. I switched to horde because thats where everybody i played with went.

Deleted
    I started playing a few months after launch... I had just finished playing Baldurs gate so i wanted something to keep me going for longer.
    Major thing for me back then was looks these horrible models didnt do the horde any favors imo.
    Tauren look like ... /Lol
    Orcs have that *derp* look on their faces like permanently
    Trolls where meh
    and Undead tbh the creation/lobby screen doesnt really do them justice as they are much better ingame.

I ended up going with NE since it was the one i could bare lookin at in the end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei
    ten chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Started as ally early BC cause friends were already playing ally. When BC was done my friends all wanted to try horde out so I switched all 5 chars over to horde at the start of Wrath and never looked back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was originally alliance because I liked their style of architecture and lore. Felt more familiar to me when I was just starting out. I rolled human to for their starting zone, I was advised that the human starting experience (this back in vanilla) was the best for all round new players. I like humans for their traditional fantasy role.

I rerolled horde afterward around BC when the blood elves were introduced. In fact the reason I decided to try out wow was based on beta screenshots of the blood elf content coming with TBC launch. A lot my friends were horde so we all rerolled on a new server. I personally felt Blood elves were more legitimate elves being magically aligned rather than with nature, thus more bad ass than night elves (no offense, just personal taste).

So I chose alliance originally for a more traditional approach to a fantasy roleplaying game but ended rolling horde for a more deviant flavor.