Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    really? cause it was pretty much the same as SC1 with more units/extended story line.
    SC2 was my first RTS ever and I was new to SC2 lore as well. Even though A.I. always goes with the same strategy, it is fun.
    If you don't like playing RTS for a moment, take a custom map. You got something like LoL which is fan made but also Left 2 Die, Starjeweled and Aiur Chef which are Blizzard made and gives a fresh breath of air now and then. Plus there are a lot more fanmade custom maps / modes.

If you are unsure to buy it, just download the starter edition of SC2. You can play 1 1v1 map + some other maps and a couple missions ( You can only play as Terran though).
    PS: You can "abuse" the Terran part if you join with a friend and he leaves, you can control his units, aka other races. (2v1 on A.I. very easy shouldn't be a problem if you aren't new to RTS).
    Last edited by mmoc07b172f625; 2011-09-11 at 05:43 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR

You can get unbanned very easily if you really where hacked, but play D3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnectar View Post
    You can get unbanned very easily if you really where hacked, but play D3.
    D3 isn't an option just yet. I think a better suggestion would have been: SW TOR or GW2 if he wants a MMORPG.

You won't find another MMORPG that's worth playing until GW2 comes out (imo). Rift was cool for a few months but it quits being fun very fast, no where near as long as it lasted in WoW.

Try to find some good single players, that's what I've been doing.

Kinda sad you needed an excuse to quit a "horrible" game.

You should try out Warhammer 40k: Dark Crusade, it's a very fun game if you're into the RTS game style.

Also as a side question, why do you say WoW is horrible if you need an excuse as extreme as getting banned to make you stop playing it? Seems a little hypocritical to me.

Try something very different then wow ...something that is very in depth and has all the polish of wow but a total different genre ...the only option you have right now is EVE online ...it's a very in depth game and very well done IMO ....can be slow to start but once you get out in 0.0 space ...you will have the time of your life every day is survival and everything you do counts ...unlike wow it dont matter what you do ...one day your cooperation could be bottom of the pile ....2 days later your dominating an entire sector cause you have some really clever bastards in your corp .

Try minecraft, you said you arent imaginative but people seem to get a kick out of building giant penises
    I'm planning on trying out GW2 later on, I suggest looking up some of the 5v5 vids on youtube they have right now. Its still in alpha or early beta as I understand so balance is prob wonky.

Oh, try From Dust if youre a fan of games like Black and White

10+ Year Old Account
    Real life
    10chars
    Last edited by Yosef1015; 2011-09-11 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2, Definately!

If you liked WoW pvp, I'd give Bloodline Champions a shot. Pvp only game, entirely skill based. No crits taking away the random aspect of damage, all fixed values, you need to actually click and aim to hit people with skills, even with heals. If you want to dodge a skill there is no RNG involved whatsoever, just move out of the skill's path fast enough and you dodge it

http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/ A link to the game
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Daggerspine&n=Sanguinis

Deleted
    League of Legends!!!!!!!!!

Play League of Legends and/or MicroVolts (both free to play) and sign up for Dota 2 beta on Steam; untill Guild Wars 2 comes out.

You can thank me later.

Wait for GW2/SWTOR or try out Rift

i pity the fool for getting hacked!

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also try Vindictus, the best dungeon crawler game ever. :O

team

fortress

You can try either Guild Wars (One of course) or Champions Online. If you play Guild Wars you can actually unlock some armor for RP purposes by completing the mission. Both are very casual and don't demand hours of play time. They're both fun and don't have that addicting feel... atleast not for me

Oh also Champions Online is Free To Play while Guild Wars you'll have to buy all 3 for the full experience (Buy the trilogy to save some money, $30)
    Last edited by Wolfmor; 2011-09-11 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Extra Information Added
    "And if my heart should stop, keep me alive for a minute, I want to see if a curtain drops"

~La Dispute

15+ Year Old Account
    World of Tanks Boomboom

Oblivion on PC so you can mod the terrible looking characters and actually play, great story and can keep you entertained for a long time as well as Fallout, especially new vegas with all it's extra content. If you mean only mmorpgs well I dunno if you are going to play GW2 then buy the guild wars trilogy and eotn expansion start working on your hall of monuments to claim rewards in GW2 when it's released. That will really keep you busy until something decent is released (D3, skyrim, gw2, etc.)

I don't play any other mmo's so I can't recommend them but most of them are total shit hole and/or completely f2p meaning it's basically a private wow server where everyone donates to get the overpowered gear. Any call of duty on PC, playing them on console will no doubt force you to rip your dick off and shove it up your own ass due to shitty connections cuz they don't have dedicated servers. FF13 can last a while if you do all of it's extra content and it's a great game.