Alysrazor 10m HM -- going into the air first time, tips please!

I'm typically the Disc Priest for my guild's (2/7 HM, 10m) attempts, but since Rhyolith HM, I've been the healer who's been using Shadow OS to DPS when we two heal fights.

Looking ahead, we're two healing Alysrazor HM, and if we have the DPS to spare on the ground, I'll be helping the Fire Mage flying. Any hints for a usually healer Priest who'd have to do that?

As I get enough rings, I'm thinking how my rotation would change, if I'm just spamming fewer spells, etc. I'm looking to keep it simple, hopefully not have to mess up too many of my keybinds, etc...

Which spells benefit most from the buff up there? Or any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

You almost have to spam mind flay, as all your casts are really fast (including VT & MB). Also be prepared to use shadowfiend a good 3-4 times per burn phase.

I think that they said once you get to a certain point, you use mind sear, not for sure but just repeating what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    I think that they said once you get to a certain point, you use mind sear, not for sure but just repeating what I've read.
    This would be false until further testing proves it, even if it does beat mind flay damage by a vague amount after mind flay passes the GCD, they still have to take shadowfiend damage into consideration. Last thing... With that much haste and using mind sear, you're bound to go oom pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. Why on earth would you use Mind Sear on Alysrazor?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Shadow_Priest/

1. Pick up a high ranked WoL log
    2. Go to expression editor
    3. Type "sourcename="priestname" and type=TYPE_CAST"
    4. Click run
    5. Click timeline
    6. Click plot timeline
    7. You have a perfect timeline of what a high ranked SP did on that encounter.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    This would be false until further testing proves it, even if it does beat mind flay damage by a vague amount after mind flay passes the GCD, they still have to take shadowfiend damage into consideration. Last thing... With that much haste and using mind sear, you're bound to go oom pretty quickly.
    Getting oom on alys is pretty much impossible when you fly through rings or when she's on the ground or simply because you can use so much shadowfiends ...

A couple of things:

/cancelaura Wings of Flame
    Use glyph of dispersion
    Practice a lot with moving with your mouse only (ie hold left and right mouse buttons down).

While Alysrazor casts Firestorm, disperse at the last moment, fly down where she dropped her feathers, use your new cancelaura macro, pick a feather and fly back up. Mages are now angry \o/.

Otherwise how I done it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_Si1vhgX0E

Deleted
    I also have a question: I saw a couple of videos and people that were flying never helped killing the mobs on the ground. Aren't you supposed to do that?

And Fiducia I saw your video and when alysrazor started to cast his aoe you didn't go behind the meteor, you dispersed and got another feather. You did this because it's quicker right? But why would you use that macro? Can't you pick another feather with wings of flame buff?

THanks-

I found that sometimes I would fall down, I'm not sure it properly refreshes the Wings of Flame buff, but it's especially needed for the Tornado phase as even though I was grounded, I died from the damage that you would get as if you were still in the air during that phase.

I do feel that it's quicker, but it's also a slight damage buff, and a slight reassurance that you won't fail by being slightly in the wrong position. In 25m, it's very crowded in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by rafik View Post
    Getting oom on alys is pretty much impossible when you fly through rings or when she's on the ground or simply because you can use so much shadowfiends ...
    Without using Mind sear, correct. But if you're not using Mind Flay your Shadowfiend CD isn't going to be reduced by a shit ton... Please read all of my post next time!