Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

9/11 - What were you doing 10 years ago, today?

I remember waking up, making peanut butter toast and coffee and sitting on my couch. I turned on the TV to see every channel showing the first tower smoking. The news anchors called it an accident. I remember watching the second plane crash into the other tower live and just trembling in my stomach. Right then and there I knew something diliberate was going on. I woke up my best friend, who happened to be my room mate at the time and told him about what just happened. I called my pregnant girlfriend and my father. I was in total shock. I went to work at a bar/restaraunt later that afternoon where all of the patrons huddle around the big screen TV, listening intensely to what President Bush had to say. The emotion, I will never forget the emotion. How complete strangers came together and felt so much grief for one another, as I look back at it, was really touching. I felt mostly in shock, I couldn't understand how something like that could happen. It will always be a moment in my life that I'll remember vividly.

Deleted
    cant we just leave this?can we pls have one place where i dont see 9/11 srs...its enough ill see all over news tody same crap over n over again

and was geting rdy for school then i saw explosions and people jumping ,can make u sure it was better then any caroton at that time

10+ Year Old Account
    Celebrated. Is not it obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Wrong section and wrong website buddy
    We have an Offtopic section explicitly for things like this, and in fact there's already a thread there on this very subject:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...u-10-years-ago

If you feel a thread is in the wrong place, report it and move on.

Deleted
    it's been 10 years just forget about it? seriously when someone from our family dies will you grief over then for 10 years too? jesus poor you, but seriously... It's been sometime if you idd lost someone in there time to let it go...

Just came home from school when the extra news aired in Norway and right after that we saw the second plane crashing into the other tower, me being only 11back then thought it was footage of the first plane. Sad day that most of all was filled with anger and desperation.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

On the day? Didn't really sink in, didn't really bother. The footage of the firefighters/jumpers on the other hand.. Sad.

What I was doing? Having a normal day

Being an American, I have to say, I hate seeing this subject every year. It was a tragedy, no one can deny that, but bringing up bad memories every year is not good... My personal opinion.

As to what I was doing. I was in 6th grade. Mrs. Larsen's first hour english class. We did not learn/do anything that day, every class was just watching the news. Many students left school to go be with their families, some didn't come back to school for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    it's been 10 years just forget about it? seriously when someone from our family dies will you grief over then for 10 years too? jesus poor you, but seriously... It's been sometime if you idd lost someone in there time to let it go...
    What is wrong with you? Have we forgotten the holocaust? Have we forgotten Pearl Harbor? Those were decades ago, pretty sure every year we learned about it in school. It's not about personal loss, it's about the situation as a whole. You're a terrible person purely for saying to forget about a huge turning point in American history.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2011-09-11 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, didn't realize this was in another thread. And why would we forget something like this? Do we forget Pearl Harbor? I'm not griefing, I'm reflecting. It will always be something major in our history. Not sure how the post came across as a sympathy plea...

Sitting in 6th grade computer class watching it on the tv

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even remember it happening if I'm being honest.

I was in first grade saw my teacher turn on the TV, she started breaking down,
    then we all went into the cafeteria and watched the events unfold

Deleted
    Seriously, it's been 10 years. Lets just forget about it, stop being afraid of non-existant threats created by governments and get on with our lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhg--all the good tv channels are overrun with this anoying event. (wich we all know it was planed by americans themself to get a exuse for a war for oil)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was in home ec or w/e it was called, 7th grade 3-4 seat from the last row getting ready to take my quiz until my teacher turned on the t.v to show us what happened. Also I got to go home early since the school thought I was a possible terrorist since im indian. =/ The searched my back pack and patted me down and everything and I had to walk home since my parents were at work. Worst day of my life.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post13105357
    Already a thread on this OP

17 pages and counting

I was 9 at the time. I was in a hotel room in Varkiza, Greece and I was zapping on TV when suddenly I see the Twin Towers in flames and smokes and thought: " This is either the backstage and special effects of an upcoming film(because it was on the news ofc) OR something very serious and bad and I have to turn the volume up".
    At the time it did not feel and seem so freaky as it feels and seems today when I occasionally watch it on youtube. Nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Uhg--all the good tv channels are overrun with this anoying event. (wich we all know it was planed by americans themself to get a exuse for a war for oil)
    Tin foil hats: equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Seriously, it's been 10 years. Lets just forget about it, stop being afraid of non-existant threats created by governments and get on with our lives.
    How is this thread about "non-existant threats created by governments" at all? It's quite clearly about what the OP was doing when the events happened and what he did afterwards.

i was still in grade school, i remember one of the people from the office came in and told the teacher something had happend. i remember the look on her face too. then me and my bro got picked up from school as alot of other parents were doing. got home and saw it on the news.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Wow, had a summerwork, turned on TV and i got spammed by this in every channel, really, even the non-news channels had this and it went for months.

I was like 12?