Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What realm are you on

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicAllstar View Post
    But he still pulls less DPS then myself and the other casters. He has been like this all expansion most recently some of the other mages were pulling 35k dps on fights but he manged to only pull 20k. Now this mage is a officer of my guild which is why they gave him the staff first rather then considering some the better casters who would benefit so much more from it and have also raided just as much as this officer has.

I would love to link logs but our guild has them set to private and only give access to other officers or class leaders.

Am I just stuck in a guild that has officers being straight out greedy with considering other players before themselves?
    Officers do something that regular raiders don't: they organize the guild. You have a valid argument if the officer doesn't do much and sucks more than anyone else, because they're just friends of the guild leader. But there might be a lot of behind the scenes things that you don't or can't see.

If that guild would fail to be as functional without that officer's presence, then that's a good reasonto give them the staff. otherwise you're just in a guild full of assholes who are taking advantage of the raiders to benefit the leadership.

Also - why wasn't this brought up / why didn't you leave when he STARTED getting the pieces for the staff? Why after it's complete?

Why do you have a problem now that the staff is done but you didn't leave the guild before the staff was done? Sounds like you were OK with it before you made it through firelands but afterwards you're looking for a reason to have a problem. Are you not getting the next one?

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 06:22 PM ----------

could he have lower dps because he didn't get items since he was getting the legendary? I know people typically pass on other items when they're getting the legendary - especially weapons. Since you're already clearing the dungeon, does it even matter who does what DPS?
    Last edited by frott; 2011-09-11 at 06:21 PM.

The staff doesnt make someone a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    The staff doesnt make someone a better player.
    No but the inverse holds true.

The better player should get the staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't challenge the officers/gm. One of our tanks did that a few weeks back and got sidelined for 2 weeks. During Wrath another officer challenged the GM and was kicked from the guild. Both times they were just suggesting better tanking positions. (The GM is a tank)
    If your GM is that much of a dictator that he kicks people you give suggestions then leave that guild now and find a better one. There is no point in sticking with a group if the leader is that controlling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    Officers do something that regular raiders don't: they organize the guild. You have a valid argument if the officer doesn't do much and sucks more than anyone else, because they're just friends of the guild leader. But there might be a lot of behind the scenes things that you don't or can't see.

If that guild would fail to be as functional without that officer's presence, then that's a good reasonto give them the staff. otherwise you're just in a guild full of assholes who are taking advantage of the raiders to benefit the leadership.

Also - why wasn't this brought up / why didn't you leave when he STARTED getting the pieces for the staff? Why after it's complete?

Why do you have a problem now that the staff is done but you didn't leave the guild before the staff was done? Sounds like you were OK with it before you made it through firelands but afterwards you're looking for a reason to have a problem. Are you not getting the next one?

could he have lower dps because he didn't get items since he was getting the legendary? I know people typically pass on other items when they're getting the legendary - especially weapons. Since you're already clearing the dungeon, does it even matter who does what DPS?
    20k is what's done in full T11 gear without a legendary staff. There's no excuse for that.

Also, giving a staff to an officer just because they're an officer and "deserve it" isn't going to make them a better officer, or a better DPS in the case of them being such shit.

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post

Just to quick quote your second part of the edit all the officers get first pick on heroic items....he is rather decked out in heroic T12 loot.

As for setting up raids etc. This officer and the GM don't really set up much outside of calender invites. We raid from 7pm – 11pm (Oceanic time) sometimes we go right up past midnight with wipe after wipe after wipe until we throw the weight of our corpses at the boss and it dies.

---------- Post added 2011-09-11 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    What realm are you on

I wont give the server but I am sure by my name you should guess which possible servers I play from. I would rather this not come back to my guild as they will start questioning everyone.
    Last edited by OceanicAllstar; 2011-09-11 at 06:40 PM.

I asked my class leader tonight for overall screen shots from each fight in Firelands and the Bastion run we did he told me he would give them to me in the morning.
    You do realize you can just run combat logs yourself, yes? Make a fake guild on WoL, upload the parse, then link it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I asked my class leader tonight for overall screen shots from each fight in Firelands and the Bastion run we did he told me he would give them to me in the morning.
    Hmmm SS's aren't exactly good information in most cases unfortunately A WOL report would be best if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarynn View Post
    You do realize you can just run combat logs yourself, yes? Make a fake guild on WoL, upload the parse, then link it here.
    I understand this but the last time someone did that and posted them elsewhere and found by the GM they were benched for a week. =/

Like I understand that this seems awful but If i was to be kicked/leaving I would want a back up plan rather then a sudden exit leaving me unable to raid. Also the officers/Gm of this guild make it somewhat hard for people to join new guilds by flaming their app's or talking to their new GM's and spreading lies =/

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand this but the last time someone did that and posted them elsewhere and found by the GM they were benched for a week. =/
    HAHA, I'm laughing irl right now. That's already a good reason to leave right there OP. Give us the WOL report and leave imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I wish i had the legendary staff...or a mage for that matter...I made myself a sad panda

Deleted
    Like I understand that this seems awful but If i was to be kicked/leaving I would want a back up plan rather then a sudden exit leaving me unable to raid. Also the officers/Gm of this guild make it somewhat hard for people to join new guilds by flaming their app's or talking to their new GM's and spreading lies =/
    This is... so toxic...
    Just leave them and never look back. Even change the server.

I hear you, buddy. I recently just stopped raiding in my guild due to overall boredom with WoW but also because of issues like this. Mounts and legendaries are give out based on how long you've been there, and most of the officers have been there 2+ years, so guess who gets all the stuff. A Druid is the first to get the legendary, still working on it, and while he seems like a cool guy, he's not very good at this game. Dies all the time to stupid stuff, and puts out mediocre DPS, but he's been there for years so... LEGENDARY! What's even worse was listening to officers talk about the importance of playing well and trying to always improve, stressing performance, then you get shit like this. It does not foster an atmosphere of good play, and sends the message that as long as you're at least mediocre, if you stick around for a while you'll get the best items. Some people may like that in a guild, but I certainly don't.

This is how some guilds are run though. You either bite the bullet and put up with it, or get out of there and find a guild more suitable to your tastes. From my experience, things are unlikely to change in your current guild, so either be at peace with it or leave as soon as possible so you don't get progressively angrier as time goes on.

Meh, I find you pretty hard to believe. 15k is a huge difference, officer or not, I don't see a raid guild on heroics would allow such a difference in DPS between members of the same class. I think you're just upset, and while you might be pulling higher numbers than him, I doubt it's as high as you're claiming.

Without logs to prove it, and your obvious hesitation to give them regardless of the potential outcome, I'm inclined to trust my instincts.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Screenshots don't capture what was going on for the whole fight, if they really have made their logs private then go to WoL make your own guild account on it, log it yourself, post the link and /gquit

Am I just stuck in a guild that has officers being straight out greedy with considering other players before themselves?
    Nope, you can quit the guild at any time if you don't like how they handle loot. Other then that, there's no real issue here other then a sucky player that can't even pull top DPS with the best weapon currently in game. There's no cure for suck.

Apply to a new guild before you actually leave or say that you are leaving. Leave your crappy psycho guild once you get accepted.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guild sucks, and plays favorites obviously. You should start applying elsewhere, they are obviously morons.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    sounds like it, but i doubt we're getting the whole story
    This pretty much. I honestly doubt that your guild would be doing heroic modes AND obtaining the legendary if your officers/class leaders were so incompetent.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15