H Lord Rhyolith troubles

Hi, my guild is having troubles with Heroic lord Rhyolith. We have reached 2nd phase only a handful of times. We die as soon as we do.

We are running 2 healers 1 tank. I put our make up below. We have downed H shannox no trouble. Perhaps we need to work on a different boss but if anyone has a good strat please feel free to make some recommendations.

Frost Dk
    Mage
    Warlock
    Druid - boom
    Paladin - tank
    Paladin - holy
    Druid - kitty
    shammy - enhance
    shammy - resto
    Hunter

go 3 healers. I killed yday with ease with
    Pal tank

resto sham
    holy pal
    disc priest

affli lock
    boomkin
    assa (ye, rogue is to good for this game) rogue
    elemental shaman
    arcane mage
    offspec: fury warrior.

Main concern is actually to utilise cd's properly and make sure ur raid is topped when p2 comes(in other words - make proper transition), otherwise u won't catch up with dmg.

Deleted
    First some differences between Shannox and Rhyolith heroic.
    Shannox can be done with mediocre dps. As long as your gruop has got a good strat for resetting the stacks on the dogs and the tanks, u can survive with an avrg of 4 dps going 12k dps (first kill anyone? yeah we had something like that. Went up twice that since though)

Rhyolith is another story. He's a dps race, and a heal race, and well... i guess a small test for your tanks skills at how to tank.
    Rhyolith doesnt have an hard enrage timer, instead he has a VERY nasty buff taht starts after 5 minutes in heroic mode, regardless of phase as far as im aware. (in normal this is 6 minutes with half the hp)
    He will after 5 minutes start applying a buff to himself increasing in stack every 10 sec by 1. This buff, superheated, increases fire dmg done by rhyolith by 10 % for each stack applied.
    This affect his molten armor, in P2, as well as his stomps, and i guess his lazers (pew pew!) which u shouldnt die to anyway.

So the only tip there is: Get more dps (u havent given any logs but i guess tahts the issue, as it seems to be in 9/11 attemps) and figure out precisely when you can switch all your dps to the boss, to nuke into P2. If your healers suffers from mana issues, save all CD's for P2 (which should be done anyway) a kitty popping tranq, while a paladin pops aura will make it more durable.

it's key to have your raid topped going into phase 2.

I would pop any raid cooldowns at 30% such as tranq/barrier or even spirit link especially if there's a stomp at this time.

I assume you guys are knocking off x amount of armour, then popping lust and pushing to phase 2. How much armour are you guys going for. Our dps is normally pretty good to be honest, I have not run logs. But I might if we keep having issues.

Also. Are you guys worrying about the ooze adds at all or just ignoring them completely at the moment our boomkin does knock backs and whatever.

If your having troubles with dying in p2 Im guessing you are hitting p2 way after the 5 min mark?

The strat that my guild use is to have everyone stack at ryoliths feet so we can cleave/aoe down fragment of ryoltih. The tank just tanks the sparks outside the raid and have 2 dedicated range to kill it. Dont know what specc your warlock is using but if he aint demo make him switch, he can easily handle most of the fragments himself (but make sure that the classes with good aoe helps out to) this kills off alot of oozes to.

We had some trouble with overstearing, so we just assigned 1 dps to each leg and had 2 that did all the stearing. Rest of the dps just dotted up both or changed foot evry other attack.

We have been dropping the boss to about 19 stacks of armour then zerging the boss. After that we managed to stay alive a little in that phase but the tank died before the transition, at the point were the last person died he just superheated. I was just wondering at what point other people were getting super heated.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinduil View Post
    stack at ryoliths feet so we can cleave/aoe down fragment of ryoltih.
    That is interesting I wonder if other people have had much success with this.

we run with 3 healers, 1 tank, 6 dps

we have 4 dps on the legs, with me calling out how to turn him, every dps puts their dots on both legs to maxamize the dmg done on him, even though we are steering him right, every single dot is thrown on left leg. make sure your dps is using their cooldowns, and the 2 dps assigned to adds assist with the legs when there is nuttn to do for them

we usually get him to ~40-45% before we pop bloodlust, then he's usually low on armor and ~60 seconds to superheated, once we call for a BL every single dps, ignores the adds that are up (unless those pesky small once spawned long time ago, then they finish them off so they dont blow the raid up with their charge) and just burn him fast, ignoring any volcano's up. the transition is usually very smooth and he goes into p2 quickly, and the raid should be easily topped up with bloodlust active. our kills are always on the same timer, regardless of what people we bring tbh, proper steering and handling on leg dps is key. he usually falls over after 5min 20 seconds in combat, or less, with only 1-2 stacks of superheated on him, making p2 healing pretty easy.

thanks Dannz. sounds pretty good i think we will try that.

oh, and for the stomps in p2, no cooldowns should be needed for the first one, and tell people to save their own CD's for the 2nd stomp, and make sure you spread in p2 or at least avoid the beams nicely, cause they hurt like hell. we found it easier to simple spread, instead of the grouping up > run away if beam is on you tactics :3

Will do thanks again.