10+ Year Old Account

Minecraft 1.8 question

So I'm super stoked on this patch coming out but I was wondering, can all the new stuff spawn in my old world I made prior to 1.8? It obviously can't in the parts I've already explored, but can it generate in the unexplored parts? I'm quite attached to my little world and I would prefer not to say goodbye to it in 1.8!

Deleted
    I dont really get it. but if you are afraid you will loose the world. JUst make a copy. :P

As far as I know it can spawn past the point where you explored.
    Otherwise you can always use MCedit to copy your old stuff into your new world.

I think it could spawn when you re-walk to *insert location* but I think minecraft only spawns new things in non explored area's so if you've explored like miles away form your house it'd suck for you. I have no idea honestly since it'd suck if a ravine just spawned under your...reed farm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    Pretty much.

And 1.9 will be the same, I hear.(Needing a new world to get everything with the new biomes)

According to Jeb's twitter. You will need to generate new areas.

@davecricket @notch: You need to generate new areas. As it looks now, beta 1.9 will also require new generation.

However whether it involves creating an entirely new map, i dont know.

I think the best way to go its to make a new map. And as Foxytrott said use McEdit to copy all your important and awesome builds and stuff over to the new map.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxytrott View Post
    Explain how?

Would this keep all the stuff I've built?

For being into minecraft, I sure don't know shit about this :P

15+ Year Old Account
    You'll see Endermen and stuff, but as for new geographic features such as canyons, rivers, and NPC villages, you'll need to generate new territory when exploring. In other words, your area you're used to building in will remain the same, but you need to explore more land to see the new features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with 1.8 out I went exploring to generate new areas...

My world ended abruptly. Like super abruptly, it's a clean cut for miles. Nothing but ocean... something isn't right >_>